⚽️The Footy Thread: Lock Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Onenilmats alternative screen name. When he's not masquerading in bedsheets rambling about his monuments, he's switching between his various screen names

Screenshot_20180106-220331.png

Last edited:
An an RM fan, part of me doesn't mind Barca dropping that much on Coutinho. It's irresponsible spending and in my amateur opinion is not sustainable. It seems like a financially short-sighted move by the board. I think he'll pan out for them but it's just a wild amount of money.

Maybe they have inflated sales in the works for Gomes and another player or 2?

First, Coutinho will flourish at Barca & will get regular playing time. He will fill in for Don Iniesta as @jape mentioned but while the Don is on the squad, will fill in other areas as well. Second, the amount paid was market value... I don't fault Klopp for that quote. He had all intentions of keeping him at the club but it didn't happen.

Having said all that, I whole heartedly agree with flyeed flyeed . Barca has always spent big here & there in the transfer market but since I've been following the club (89-90 season), they've always had a sizable amount of players from the youth ranks.

The team has moved further away from this & relied exclusively on Galatico signings now. Coutinho is a phenomenal player but the club could've spent considerably less on transfer fees & wages to find a player close to that caliber & even purchased several more players.

This is not a sustainable model wage & transfer budget wise even for a big club like Barca. For me, this is a further indictment on why bart, his board, & the footballing people like roberto fernandez need to go.

Seriously though... How is Coutinho going to get #7 if Arda is still on the team? :lol: I guess he's going to get moved ASAP...

1 win ? Pretty sure we mentioned 17 games. I know you're the grandpa of the thread, but you don't really have to act like you're going senile.
That's a lie, but when you draw level with teams , you're in here posting like y'all still got 3 points

You sound like you have some sick obsession with Klopp. You're more enamored with him than the Liverpool supporters
LMFAOOOOOO, Obsessed? I was speaking on a topic that one of you's brought up. I get it though, you've lost your prized asset and are lashing out.. I'm familiar with this since my three year old acts the same way.. you just need a time out tommy.

LMFAOOOOOO, Obsessed? I was speaking on a topic that one of you's brought up. I get it though, you've lost your prized asset and are lashing out.. I'm familiar with this since my three year old acts the same way.. you just need a time out tommy.
Again, you're obsessed. You get hot and flustered whenever Liverpool comes up and can't wait to mention Klopp. You can't hide what's inside.

Still don't understand how ppl get reported on here. At least the regular peeps.
I've gotten warnings in my inbox a few times from posts I've made in this thread. About 2/3 weeks ago one of my posts got deleted not even a minute after I hit "post reply" :lol:

There's def a mod in here who's keeping an eye in this thread 24/7

smh i cant believe the state of football... got Madrid fans looking down on us all for spending smh

Was at my barbershop today and one of the dudes there is Madrid supporter. Had to listen to him for 30 mins talk about how they are operating the right way and only buying young players, etc. Made me laugh cuz he acts like this is some new innovative thing. Like clubs haven't relied on their own academies or young players for years.

smh i cant believe the state of football... got Madrid fans looking down on us all for spending smh

Was at my barbershop today and one of the dudes there is Madrid supporter. Had to listen to him for 30 mins talk about how they are operating the right way and only buying young players, etc. Made me laugh cuz he acts like this is some new innovative thing. Like clubs haven't relied on their own academies or young players for years.
must be one of those "know it all, I'm always right" casual fans

coutinho o o no more. but its cool, thats a great move for him. it was inevitable. wasn’t salty when suarez left, i even bought a barca kit with his nameset. good luck phil!

im more concerened about emre can. they dont have a player that play the same way he does.

First, Coutinho will flourish at Barca & will get regular playing time. He will fill in for Don Iniesta as @jape mentioned but while the Don is on the squad, will fill in other areas as well. Second, the amount paid was market value... I don't fault Klopp for that quote. He had all intentions of keeping him at the club but it didn't happen.

Having said all that, I whole heartedly agree with flyeed flyeed . Barca has always spent big here & there in the transfer market but since I've been following the club (89-90 season), they've always had a sizable amount of players from the youth ranks.

The team has moved further away from this & relied exclusively on Galatico signings now. Coutinho is a phenomenal player but the club could've spent considerably less on transfer fees & wages to find a player close to that caliber & even purchased several more players.

This is not a sustainable model wage & transfer budget wise even for a big club like Barca. For me, this is a further indictment on why bart, his board, & the footballing people like roberto fernandez need to go.

Seriously though... How is Coutinho going to get #7 if Arda is still on the team? :lol: I guess he's going to get moved ASAP...

The overspending reeks of short-term politics for the board to win re-elections over the long-term state of the club. And imo it will probably work and allow them to keep their positions.

Coutinho will fill in for Iniesta but hes not the long term solution. Iniesta holds his runs at times, if Coutinho gets caught out it leaves Busquets and everyone else tp constantly cover.

Barca overspent but yall needed to spend tho. Coutinho's transfer fee could of gotten yall a world class ST or CM easily with extra money left over.

Coutinho will fill in for Iniesta but hes not the long term solution. Iniesta holds his runs at times, if Coutinho gets caught out it leaves Busquets and everyone else tp constantly cover.

Barca overspent but yall needed to spend tho. Coutinho's transfer fee could of gotten yall a world class ST or CM easily with extra money left over.

But who?

RM would love to know what world class stiker could be had for that price. It ain't Kane...it ain't Mbappe...Icardi apparently doesn't want to play there. Honest question

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom