⚽️The Footy Thread: Lock Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Richest Prem teams ranked in the top 10 of football clubs overall as of the 16/17 campaign.
1. Man U, worth $3.69b , $765m yearly revenue.
5. City, worth $2.08b, $583m yearly revenue.
6. Arsenal, worth $1.93b, $520m yearly revenue.
7. Chelsea, worth $1.85b, $497m yearly revenue.
8. Liverpool, worth $1.49b, $448m yearly revenue.
10. Tottenham, worth $1.06b, $310m yearly revenue.

Richest Prem owners.
1. City - Sheikh Mansour, $26.9b
2. Chelsea - Roman Abramovich, $10.8b
3. Arsenal - Stan Kroenke, $7.8b
4. Stoke - Coates family, $6.7b
5. Wolverhampton (Championship, 2nd division) - Guo Guangchang, $6.3b
6. Tottenham - Joe Lewis, $6.2b

Edit- Interestingly, Jose has spent $414m since arriving at OT 16-17... Pep has spent $490m since arriving at City... This figure doesn't include transfer fees for players sold...

Last edited:
Richest Prem teams ranked in the top 10 of football clubs overall as of the 16/17 campaign.
1. Man U, worth $3.69b , $765m yearly revenue.
5. City, worth $2.08b, $583m yearly revenue.
6. Arsenal, worth $1.93b, $520m yearly revenue.
7. Chelsea, worth $1.85b, $497m yearly revenue.
8. Liverpool, worth $1.49b, $448m yearly revenue.
10. Tottenham, worth $1.06b, $310m yearly revenue.

Richest Prem owners.
1. City - Sheikh Mansour, $26.9b
2. Chelsea - Roman Abramovich, $10.8b
3. Arsenal - Stan Kroenke, $7.8b
4. Stoke - Coates family, $6.7b
5. Wolverhampton (Championship, 2nd division) - Guo Guangchang, $6.3b
6. Tottenham - Joe Lewis, $6.2b

Edit- Interestingly, Jose has spent $414m since arriving at OT 16-17... Pep has spent $490m since arriving at City... This figure doesn't include transfer fees for players sold...

Ah okay.

you know the main conlcusion i've draw from this information?

#mourinhoOUT

:lol:

^ Basically... I was one of the only ones that said he wasn't going to bring United ish & that it was going to end badly. United fans said Jose always had a 3 year arc but that was until Pep arrived. Homey turned it right into a one horse race rather quickly. :lol: Crazy thing is his young players haven't even hit their primes yet...

Got dayum... $167m?!?!? Yeesh... A club like Barca should be able to have scouts that can find midfield players at a fraction of the cost if there are none in La Masia. We all know who I'd want... :smh: Pool better spend that cash wisely... Tommy posted about United's transfer failures but Pool have struck out enough too...

C’mon Tommy... No shade but you’re smarter than that... Is it true Pool hasn’t spent the same amount of dough? That goes without saying but the transfer mistakes have been just as colossal. Pool ain’t doing that much better (if at all) than when Rodgers was there... If they built a better team I’ll bet Coutinho wouldn’t want to leave & you guys might get pilfered by Madrid for Mo... Can looks to be leaving for Juve too. fenway has done a really subpar job. Pool fans should throw that bum henry out of his seat at Anfield. He does not deserve to sit there...

edit - both henry & kroenke have the stupidest looks on their face, that really kind of stupid look... And I suspect the glazer family inbred like the dupont family did. That’s the only explanation I can come up with when looking at the glazer bros...

Last edited:
C’mon Tommy... No shade but you’re smarter than that... Is it true Pool hasn’t spent the same amount of dough? That goes without saying but the transfer mistakes have been just as colossal. Pool ain’t doing that much better (if at all) than when Rodgers was there... If they built a better team I’ll bet Coutinho wouldn’t want to leave & you guys might get pilfered by Madrid for Mo... Can looks to be leaving for Juve too. fenway has done a really subpar job. Pool fans should throw that bum henry out of his seat at Anfield. He does not deserve to sit there...
PSK although you've made a point in regards to how Fenway has managed Pool, you're still wrong in regards to the team not being any better than when Rogers was in charge as well as comparing our transfer dealings to be equivalent to United's. Pool has had failed transfers because of managerial changes and Fenway attempting to apply their Moneyball-esque technique to Football.

Under Daglish, during his second spell, we've purchased a number of transfers that didn't pan out and it was simply because said players were either overhyped English talent or purchased under one manager's philosophy and when he moved on, the replacement manager just didn't believe said player fit in his philosophy. Rogers came in and instead of trying to utilize what he had, simply came in and ignored a lot of the players who were purchased under Daglish and severely stunted their growth. The only transfers that panned out under him were Sturridge and Coutinho.

Rogers splashed the Luis Suarez money on a number of players hoping one of them would pan out and turn into the next Luis Suarez and it simply failed. Klopp has since come in and attempted to resurrect some of these players careers while still maintaining a level of competitiveness to try and restore Liverpool's former glory as well further develop the young talent on hand. For you to simply compare the team under the current and previous manager and claim to see no change leaves me to believe you're just a table watcher and not a very good one at all. Rogers league results were 7th, 2nd and 6th while having two of the best goal scorers in the league for him and a plethora of young talent. Klopps has been 8th, 4th and as it stands 4th again while implementing his philosophies and utilizing the talent on hand. I don't hold the 8th place position against him because he inherited that team midway through the season and managed to make a Europa League final and getting robbed of it by crooked La Liga refs. All of this while competing in the most competitive prem-league in years.

Coutinho wants to leave because when Barcelona and Madrid comes knocking, most players from South America see it as a Dream Come true to play for them. Real Madrid Salah rumors are circulating simply because Madrid cant buy a goal at present time and he happens to be the hottest goal scorer right now. Can is interested in leaving because he sees his role diminishing at Pool off the Strength of the number of players in that position (Coutinho, Lalana, Ox, Keita, Milner, Henderson Wijnaldum etc). Theres more to it than what you see in whatever transfer news you've been glimpsing

Last edited:
its cause your clubs aim is champions league while united aim for the best and nothing else
Please re-read what you've posted and tell me if that makes sense. I'm fine for wanting to win Champions League, however, you're aiming at the being the best of mediocrity while spending frivolously.

“United aiming for the best”

16EED73C-5BB1-4B7F-BC3C-D473A0756587.gif

Discount Man City. Get outta here.

When I said United was nothing more than a free vacation for players where they get paid and occasionally have to play a serious game of pickup, mans thought I was joking. Glad it's playing itself out.

so when does pogba give up on united and leave for psg, barca, or real?
theres a strong possibility he never wins a big trophy at united under his current contract and when mou runs from pep it will leave united in a very low place

to think, pogba could've been flourishing right now instead he's just a glorified 2nd pivot for the team that didn't believe in him the first time

upload_2017-12-28_21-32-50.png

juve pogba > united pogba

so when does pogba give up on united and leave for psg, barca, or real?
theres a strong possibility he never wins a big trophy at united under his current contract and when mou runs from pep it will leave united in a very low place

to think, pogba could've been flourishing right now instead he's just a glorified 2nd pivot for the team that didn't believe in him the first time

upload_2017-12-28_21-32-50.png

juve pogba > united pogba

Will any of those clubs spend over 100m on a midfielder who doesn't need to score goals?

...Rogers league results were 7th, 2nd and 6th while having two of the best goal scorers in the league for him and a plethora of young talent. Klopps has been 8th, 4th and as it stands 4th again....

Thats the only relevant part of your post. Klopp is no better than Rodgers. PERIOD

Klopp has just as much talent that Rodgers had (if not more) & more money was spent in the transfer market. He even has Mo who has what 22-23 goals & most likely the PFA? hannibal had 30 goals that season?

To quote @flyeed, all the rest is blah, blah, blah, blah... :lol:

Last edited:
Will any of those clubs spend over 100m on a midfielder who doesn't need to score goals?
Trey you gotta stop with the Pogba not scoring lots of goals. Didn't anyone complain when Real broke the transfer market to sign a midfielder who never scored more than 7 goals in the season????

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom