⚽️The Footy Thread: Lock Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Earlier today, Leverkusen director Jonas Boldt said the following about the Jamaican winger -

We all know that a great transfer fee can change this... He's scored 8 goals & 4 assists in 16 league games since his debut (10 starts). Where did he come from again? Was it Genk?

I believe so. Repping the concacaf

Alexis last brace at Arsenal

Welp, there goes my hopes for a loss or draw for Arsenal. Excellent goals though.

According to wikipedia it does not

You sure? Cause I just read the only exception is the Super Cup that wouldn't count ti be cup tied

UEFA operates European club football competitions, primarily the UEFA Champions League and UEFA Europa League.[note 1] UEFA's regulations state that, with a few exceptions, players who play in any European club competition are subsequently cup-tied with respect to all European football for the remainder of the season.[1]

The main current exception is the UEFA Super Cup, contested by the winners of the previous seasons' Champions League and Europa League. As this is effectively a prestige friendly with only one round, the cup-tied rule is seen as unnecessary. Representing a club in this fixture does not affect a player's eligibility in other UEFA competitions.[citation needed] Similarly, cup-tying did not apply to matches in the now-defunct pre-season UEFA Intertoto Cup, up to the semi-final round.

I wouldn't mind if there is a loophole though :nerd:

Somebody gotta put the hands on Wenger and let that man Lacazette play a full 90 minutes

I'm willing to bet there's a games/minutes played bonus that Wenger doesn't want to pay.

Speaking of, I've been playing FIFA 18 Manager Mode and every single player wants to add some ridiculous bonus to their contract. I always try to negotiate out of it, but some of these dudes will straight up walk out of my office when I suggest a wage without a bonus. It's so frustrating.

You sure? Cause I just read the only exception is the Super Cup that wouldn't count ti be cup tied

I wouldn't mind if there is a loophole though :nerd:

"A further exemption applies: one player per club who would normally be cup-tied can be registered and eligible to play, so long as his previous club did not field him in the same competition. This means that players can represent two different clubs in the Europa League and Champions League, but only a maximum of one player per club. However, if the first club switches into the same competition (e.g. transfers from the Champions League to the Europa League through finishing third in the group stage), the transferred player becomes ineligible. This can lead to some complex situations."

What a chaotic finish. Good half, hope it's not the last time we see Alexis and Ozil link up.

okay man. if you say man city has way more talnet Ill belive it...what do i know.

how this happen in a sport with no salary cap?
You answered your own question. No salary cap means eventually someone with the most money to spend is going to show up and outspend everyone else.

Earlier today, Leverkusen director Jonas Boldt said the following about the Jamaican winger -

We all know that a great transfer fee can change this... He's scored 8 goals & 4 assists in 16 league games since his debut (10 starts). Where did he come from again? Was it Genk?
Yeah, but I don't think Genk is gonna give him up that easily considering the hell they had to go through to acquire him.

Venger gets 3 points on the day he ties fergies record of 810 matches managed. Another great response from the gunners after the palace goal. Only one point behind pool and two games behind 2nd

"A further exemption applies: one player per club who would normally be cup-tied can be registered and eligible to play, so long as his previous club did not field him in the same competition. This means that players can represent two different clubs in the Europa League and Champions League, but only a maximum of one player per club. However, if the first club switches into the same competition (e.g. transfers from the Champions League to the Europa League through finishing third in the group stage), the transferred player becomes ineligible. This can lead to some complex situations."

Well....this changes things
i72b82H.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom