⚽️The Footy Thread: Lock Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
To quote the creator of football himself, Lord Josep Guardiola, 'In football you lose games, you drop points. I am not thinking about how many titles. I am thinking about recovery and the next game.’

On to Leicester. Well played Bristol City.

Looks like the fee will be £133M paid in installments.

I still have an instagram username laying around (Coutinho's full name) but I've only gotten offers in the ~$150 range while playing for 'Pool. Should be good for my pockets when he transfers to Barca. I reckon at I could get at least double.
On the other hand I'd rather see him continue at Liverpool since I don't watch La Liga all that much. Credit to the work he's putting in after his transfer fell through though. Unlike a certain Arsenal player who has been acting like a spoiled brat ever since.

I still have an instagram username laying around (Coutinho's full name) but I've only gotten offers in the ~$150 range while playing for 'Pool. Should be good for my pockets when he transfers to Barca. I reckon at I could get at least double.
On the other hand I'd rather see him continue at Liverpool since I don't watch La Liga all that much. Credit to the work he's putting in after his transfer fell through though. Unlike a certain Arsenal player who has been acting like a spoiled brat ever since.
which one?
alexis or ozil?

Goal and celebrations from the Bristol City players and fans pitch invasion

This dude walking off with the match ball :lol:
ab0367afc86938f3f34c1bacec4b41ce.png

There it is.

But when you win it, it's an important piece of silverware correct? These things operate on a sliding scale with you folks.

any kind silverware is appreciated. But let's be real, these domestic league cup games are boring AF and they are not as important or exciting as trying to win the league title or the champions league.

Lmao, I have Donnarumma’s full name on one of the accounts I made and I’m waiting for someone to offer me it. Hoping for like 100 bucks.

Idc if United lost honestly. Just like I wouldn't care if they had won.

MLS the only league that should be hated. Nashville? Lol wut????

In before da prem is so good from top to bottom, that even the second division can compete

In before, if da prem got so much better, then why is City suddenly blowing everyone out?
Tbf Spurs and Chelsea this time of year last season were firing from all cylinders.

We are in this position because we have taken positive points from the top 6 and had 3 or 4 game winning goals that changed 1 point to 3. We were abysmal against the top teams for the last 2 seasons.

To add to your point, the likes of Chelsea, Tottenham, United have dropped points to mid to bottom table teams that have showed up on their day. Our only draw was to lowly Everton, smaller clubs still compete unless they outright PTB.

The moment Bristol City sealed the win...

In the grand scheme of things the "carabao cup" doesn't matter as there is still champions league play & finishing strongly in league standings... But damn, £660 mill spent since '13-'14 & you couldn't muster a win against the 3rd or 4th team from the Championship? And you got beat 2-1? This is truly an indictment not only on woody but also Jose... United deserve way better but ya'll jumped for joy when the club signed him... Jose's 3 year game plan got blown out of the water once Pep arrived to the Prem... City will only get better & will always buy the better players which is scary to think about.

Edit - :lol: Swasea sacked Paul Clement today as if he was the problem. tony pulis is expected to hired soon. :rofl:

Last edited:
Follow up on this

Details of the incident finally out.
Man Utd fan jailed for unprovoked racist attack on Raheem Sterling
The court was shown CCTV of Anderson driving his white van alongside Sterling’s car as the player waited to enter City’s CFA training ground on Clayton Lane on Saturday morning, in preparation for the Premier League game against Tottenham that evening.

Both men then got out of their vehicles and Anderson walked towards Sterling, who joined City from Liverpool for an initial £44 million in July 2015.

Carl Miles, prosecuting, said Anderson, who had been in the vehicle with his partner, began shouting racial abuse at Sterling and called him “you black Scouse c---.”

He said Anderson also told the footballer, who has a young son and daughter: “I hope your mother and child wake up dead in the morning you n-----.”

Mr Miles added: “He approaches Mr Sterling and can be seen to be bouncing on the balls of his feet. He sets out kicking Mr Sterling to the legs on four occasions.”

The court was told that Sterling was left with a sore left hamstring after the attack but he did not suffer serious injuries. The player went on to score twice in City’s 4-1 win over Spurs.

convicted football hooligan has been jailed for a racist attack on Raheem Sterling that left the Manchester City and England forward in a state of “complete shock”.

Karl Anderson, 29, pleaded guilty on Wednesday to racially aggravated common assault after an unprovoked attack on Sterling outside City’s training ground on Saturday morning that was first revealed by Telegraph Sport.

Manchester and Salford Magistrates’ Court heard how Anderson, a Manchester United fan who already had 25 convictions for 37 offences, including football related violence, told Sterling: “I hope your mother and child wake up dead in the morning you n-----” before kicking the player in the legs four times and leaving him with a sore left hamstring.

Anderson, of Woodward Street in Ancoats, Manchester, had been issued with a five-year banning order in January for his part in clashes with Sheffield United fans in the Shamrock pub in Bengal Street, Ancoats, following a FA Cup third round tie between the Yorkshire club and Manchester United at Old Trafford 12 months earlier.

The ban prevents Anderson from entering Manchester city centre or Old Trafford on matchdays.

Anderson, wearing a black T-shirt and supported in the gallery by two male family members, smiled as he was sentenced to 16 weeks in prison on Wednesday. He was also ordered to pay a £115 victim surcharge and £100 in compensation.

Mr Miles said: “He is a professional footballer. His legs are important for his job.”

In a victim personal statement, which was read to the court, Sterling, 23, said he had been "completely shocked" by the incident.

“I didn’t think this type of behaviour still happened in this country in this day and age,” he said.

Sentencing Anderson, chairman of the bench, Diana Webb-Hobson, said: “This was an entirely unprovoked attack. You stopped your car and you got out. The personal statement was very moving, we find injury was sustained.

“Your previous record was appalling, you don't seem to learn anything, do you?”

The court heard that Anderson had 25 previous convictions for 37 offences, including throwing a flare at a police officer during a football match.

Mr Miles said he was subject to a football-related violence banning order which prevented him from attending certain matches.

“He is now finding alternative ways to express violence and aggression, all relating to football,” he said.

John Black, defending, said Anderson had lost his temper with Sterling after his girlfriend asked him to ask the footballer for an autograph. “He apologises through me to Mr Sterling for his actions,” he said.

Mr Black said the defendant could not explain his actions and “bitterly” regretted them.
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/football...led-unprovoked-racist-attack-raheem-sterling/

Can't believe this POS is only getting 16 weeks admitting guilt to a hate crime

There it is.

But when you win it, it's an important piece of silverware correct? These things operate on a sliding scale with you folks.
This goes both ways tho.. we win it last year and we get **** for celebrating it. We both know no matter the outcome opposition fans will find anyway to drag each other.

What channel was spuds and Liverpool’s games on today?

Dude was prob obsessing over his meat like they do with Lukaku
Yet ironically it’s you the Madrid fan who has made reference to this chant in here more than anyone else. We get It.. no need to try and tie every damn story to that song.

Matter fact.. you don’t even get to exchange Bantz with us till Madrid is outta 4th. You only allowed to talk to arsenal fans from this point on. Ya can relate on your obsessions with united and men’s meat.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom