⚽️The Footy Thread: Lock Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

I'm sad :frown: Be kind to him, Armada Armada and ATL fans. He's a special one even if he doesn't always turn it up to 11.

nomadicsole21 nomadicsole21 our era of Akron is end. Porter, Nagbe, and Mattocks all out. I feel weird and sad.

It wont sink in until we finally kick off next Spring knowing this is a whole new era. Shoutout to Diego Chara the last and realest OG Timber remaining :pimp: :pimp: :pimp:

Im glass half full though. Im positive we will come out stronger but history shows that we always have a down year after a strong one. We need another CB, backup or starting quality ST and any attackers we can get.

Was watching “The Locker Room” and they were having a discussion as to what club was Pep’s biggest accomplishment as a coach, the Barca sixtuplet squad, his time at Bayern, or his current City build.

Hard to argue with the Barca team that won everything but you had arguably the best midfield (and forward) or all time. But the work he has done at City is absolutely phenomenal with the talents of a Xavi, Iniesta, Messi.

I think when it's all said and done he will be remembered for what he did at city. Plus I don't see him going anywhere anytime soon

I just feel like he's doing well with a squad that doesn't have Messi. Plus he seems content in Manchester.

I hear you but a generation from now he’s not going to have an asterisk next to his name for working with Messi.

I think multiple titles across multiple competitions is going to be the bare minimum for there to be any valid comparison.

He’ll be noted for his tactics for sure.

Reigned supreme of course and took a while for opponents to adapt. But also that he had clubs that are systematically built for success for decades. ManC is still in its infancy stage of being a world club. He finally got the fullbacks he wanted and now we wait and see in the EPL and UCL

I just feel like he's doing well with a squad that doesn't have Messi. Plus he seems content in Manchester.
way too early for these comparisons
city are going to need a lot of trophies and win them beautifully

and people don't remember how bad barca looked the season before pep came
he made a lot of hard decisions and moved some really good players
pep also did wonders to messi's game and was first to move messi in to the false 9

Last edited:

troll2.png

Didn't realize I posted this in the FIFA thread :lol: :

88 Striker

Yaya Toure and his agent scrambling to make their own African Footballer of the Year award.

And as we know from his agent, all of Africa will be behind him

Gaucho got that Lavar blood in him :lol:

Gremio coach Renato Gaucho reckons he was better than Cristiano Ronaldo
ABDALLAH DALSHRTRPIX15/12/2017 12:53 CET
Real Madrid vs Gremio"He is strong but doesn't have much technique"
15133119073490.jpg

As one of the top performers in the Brazilian top-flight across the 1980s and 1990s, Renato Gaucho was undeniably a very decent player, however the ex-forward has perhaps a lofty idea of his own talents.

Now the coach of Gremio, Gaucho will come up against Cristiano Ronaldo on Saturday, a man that he previously insisted that was better than while turning out for the likes of Flamengo during his playing days.

"Today's generation mostly looks to Cristiano Ronaldo," he stated last March on ESPN Brasil's Bola da Vez. "That generation didn't see me play.

"Talk to the older generations, the ones who saw me play, and you can be sure that they will have a different opinion.

"I would like to see Ronaldo play and win the championship with the clubs I played for, in some circumstances where we were owed three and four months of back pay.

"I would like to be at Real Madrid today, playing once a week, with a pitch in good condition and playing with the teammates he has next to him, who are monsters."

Although the 55-year-old did admit to Ronaldo being a top footballer, he did have a couple of reservations when praising the Portugal captain.

"[Ronaldo] is a monster, a great player, but he works hard on his strength and he doesn't have much technique," added Gaucho.

"You just have to watch him for Real Madrid, the moments when he leaves the left wing, he produces almost nothing.

"I was more versatile, since I could play on the right wing, in the centre, or on the left."

He dun goof'd

3 goals at least from CR7 in the final
he could've kept his mouth shut and ronnie would've done the same thing anyways
man lives on goals...i really doubt hes worried about what the gremio coach says

what i've learned about the most successful people is they are very self motivated

I actually think that Gremio will give Madrid a hard time. Might be the first time since 2012 that the South American club pulls off the upset

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom