⚽️The Footy Thread: Lock Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
The new record set by City is incredibly impressive. They're playing at such a high level, I'd like to see now how they fare in the CL knockout rounds.

Table is shaping up as perfectly as you'd want for Citeh :smh:

Props where props are due,they look outstanding and unbeatable atm...

Welp, 3 points is 3 points. Will take it on a day where other challengers dropped points against bottom-5 sides.

01nCoq4.png

Cool story from my son's ex technical coach whose from Scotland & a lifelong Liverpool fan.

A nostalgic moment which is not brought on by my sister's Cilla Black pose in the 60's but by the kid over her right shoulder. His name is Ian Britton, my neighbor, backyard and street soccer buddy.

For those of you who follow the English Premier League, you may be shocked to see Burnley climb to 4th place after a victory last night (and before today's matches.) What you most likely are unaware of is that there was a time when Burnley was fighting for existence in the bottom division and had to win their last game of the 86/87 season vs Leyton Orient or they would drop from the Football League.

Guess who scored the winning goal? Though he featured in over 200 games for Chelsea, Ian's legacy was cemented after a move to the town of Burnley! It was lovely to hear some lifelong fans calling in on British radio last night and reminiscing about that game and their current 'dream' position under coach Sean Dyche.

Our neighborhood was immensely proud of Ian when he left us at 17 to move to London. An unbelievable inspiration to the rest of the kids on the block!

So kids, get off the Xbox, get into the yard and 'play with passion'. Maybe someone will be posting about YOU someday!

Unfortunately Ian left us for good last year after he lost his battle with prostrate cancer. RIP Ian, thanks for a trip down memory lane.

Bobby Mac.jpg

So apparently Raoila asked Milan to cancel the contract Donnarumma signed over the summer

Fast forward to today and these are the scenes at the San Siro...

Yikes

Lol I hope he goes to Juve. Don't think things will get to the point where he leaves Italy.

pep showing the BPL the spanish way :smokin
maybe more teams in england will stop playing kickball now

A few Gooner and 'Pool fans were out here cheering for Citeh over the weekend only to drop points against West Ham and West Brom today :rofl:

Both closer to the relegation zone than the top...

After 15 W's in a row,can't really see Citeh slipping up enough to squander the double digit point lead they have rn and another club capitalizing...

At this point I'm just hoping for a deep CL run :lol:

Might just take a healthy Bale over Griez

Dude can still be a force when he's fit

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom