⚽️The Footy Thread: Lock Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Taking it with a good amount of salt since it's the mirror but hmm...:emoji_eyes:

Let's play along for a second...

I would be an absolute fool to say that I don't want Ozil as our 10, cause we all know what he can do when he's surrounded by talent.

However, ANOTHER #10? Especially when we want Griez really badly. I feel like we need more world class defenders, and world class all out wingers (I know Griez can play there, but it's time to start buying the correct player for the correct position).

Man sucks for Columbus. We stole their soul after beating them in the MLS Cup 2 years ago. Also selling Kei Kamara was the nail in the coffin.

Funny thing is my friend who is a Juve fan said to watch out for Conte once we get into CL. Said once Conte has his starting 11 he doesn't really rotate players. Players will get tired of not getting rest and others will get annoyed for not getting a chance

Let's play along for a second...

I would be an absolute fool to say that I don't want Ozil as our 10, cause we all know what he can do when he's surrounded by talent.

However, ANOTHER #10? Especially when we want Griez really badly. I feel like we need more world class defenders, and world class all out wingers (I know Griez can play there, but it's time to start buying the correct player for the correct position).
ozil is better than mihki or mata though... and it's not like yall don't have the money or buying ozil shouldn't stop yall from pursuing griez
i don't see any negatives

Wouldn't Ozil and Sanchez free after this season. United and City don't need to buy them, can sign them to pre-contract in jan for free

Funny thing is my friend who is a Juve fan said to watch out for Conte once we get into CL. Said once Conte has his starting 11 he doesn't really rotate players. Players will get tired of not getting rest and others will get annoyed for not getting a chance

.... sounds like Chelsea football club...

Wouldn't Ozil and Sanchez free after this season. United and City don't need to buy them, can sign them to pre-contract in jan for free
yeah but if you are city and united you don't want to take that chance as im sure a lot of clubs might throw a lot of money at them in the summer

like PSG
they can't buy anyone in january and are looking to offload players because of FFP
and other clubs are always reluctant to spend in january

Last edited:
Also I don't blame Conte fully for players frustration. The manager needs full control of the club. Esp after he was promised if we would bring them back to CL right away. He not only did that but also won the league. He was promised 200m to buy the players he wanted, instead the board had the finally decision on all the transfers. Roman gotta understand no world class manager will wont to stay as long as Emenalo and Maria run the club

yeah but if you are city and united you don't want to take that chance as im sure a lot of clubs might throw a lot of money at them in the summer

like PSG
they can't buy anyone in january and are looking to offload players because of FFP
and other clubs are always reluctant to spend in january
But united aren't taking a chance. They don't have to wait till summer. They are able to sign them to a precontract in January so next season they will join for free. Can offer a crazy wage package that PSG can't match due to not having to pay a transfer fee

Can offer a crazy wage package that PSG can't match due to not having to pay a transfer fee

latest

Everton ban fan carrying child after clash with Lyon player
Everton have banned the child-carrying supporter involved in a confrontation with a Lyon player during Thursday's Europa League defeatat Goodison Park.

The club have also contacted Merseyside Police, who are investigating.

Everton's Ashley Williams sparked the melee which saw an Everton fan - carrying a small child - appear to push Lyon goalkeeper Anthony Lopes.

European football's governing body Uefa has charged Everton with "aggressions by supporters against players".

Uefa will deal with the case at a disciplinary hearing on 16 November.

"I don't think it is part of the English atmosphere to hit an away player, but it was like this," said Lopes after the game, which Lyon won 2-1.

An Everton statement read: "Club officials have reviewed the footage of an incident where supporters towards the front of the lower Gwladys Street End became involved in a confrontation between players.

"We have identified one individual against whom action will now be taken. This will include a ban from attending future Everton fixtures, and the club registering a formal complaint with Merseyside Police."

Everton were fined £8,837 by Uefa last month, after crowd trouble during the home leg of their Europa League play-off match against Hajduk Split in August.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom