⚽️The Footy Thread: Lock Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why again do Madrid want Courtois again if they have a boss keeper in Navas?

Age/depth/healthy competition/great price in an insane market. Also missed out on Kepa because Zizou didn’t want him a few months before he bounced.

Remember Navas has had Achilles’ tendon surgery before. Imagine he’s out for a few months again and the next guy up is Kiko Casilla, behind a back line that would rather attack than defend (aside from Varane.)

Getting Kiko out there is a W alone, son is buns
If we can keep Navas for a year, that would be nice, Courtois is the bridge to Lunin

While on the subject of keepers, I've noticed the few times Atleti's Adan has played (most recently in the last friendly), that he's played very very well. Didn't realize he's 31... Why is it Atletico can find such great keepers?

IMG_20180727_160550.jpg

Oh, who was the other keeper Atleti had behind Oblak previously?
Axel Werner, super young and very de gea esqe. He’s just not ready to get first team reps. we loaned him out. Really impressed with Adan and was surprised we got him for so cheap when he was top 5 la liga gk last season

Axel Werner, super young and very de gea esqe. He’s just not ready to get first team reps. we loaned him out. Really impressed with Adan and was surprised we got him for so cheap when he was top 5 la liga gk last season
Who was the keeper that played a couple of times last campaign? Was it Werner? Whoever it was I remember thinking damn Atleti can find great keepers too...

Who was the keeper that played a couple of times last campaign? Was it Werner? Whoever it was I remember thinking damn Atleti can find great keepers too...
we had Moya as our back up last year but he had to be emergency transferred toward the middle of last season due to lack of depth at sociedad

edit: had to be werner as I've never rated Moya

Def looking forward to seeing how Monaco do this year,they look better on paper now than they did last season when they finished 2nd. Emenalo has been putting in work on the prospect front too

The Bonucci stuff I just posted is already old news,apparently he's on his way back home in exchange for Caldara :lol:

Pipita going the other way on loan is hilarious though

Bonucci's transfer to Milan is gonna go down as one of the weirdest ever

Damn Rocco could do better but I'd be happy for Wolves,gonna be way dissappointing if they don't end up in the top half of the table after making all these waves in the market

Marcos Rojo is a stud, a solid CB that handles the ball very well for a defender. He should honestly be in higher demand.

^^ Agreed Trey,he can make some errors sometimes but he's generally a really solid defender.

He was arguably the best defender in the squad along with Bailly during Mou's first season but he got hurt and has fallen out of favor ever since (kind of like Bailly :rolleyes) so it's been looking like he'd be the one to make way if the likes of Maguire/Toby were brought in

He's won me over with his hard *** play though :lol::pimp:

If it were up to me,Jones or Smalling would make way before Rojo

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom