⚽️The Footy Thread: Lock Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I hate to say it but it really seems the sensible move is to let Mbappe enjoy being in France for another year after winning the World Cup and then break the record for him. I can’t see RM poaching Cavani now and then Mbappe once again from PSG. If it seems like waiting for Mbappe will be a 2-year ordeal, then maybe trigger scumbag Icardi’s release clause and flip him in 2 years.

If there’s no move, Asensio needs to step up and play Benz off the XI. And then Benz will be byke when Bale inevitably gets injured.

In theory, that’s who United should buy instead... :lol:

He’s an ok defender but not one you want to “build from the back” with. He’s foul prone too...

I can’t believe they’re going to break the bank for Maguire...

I doubt it happens

Would still come out cheaper than VVD but def not a fan of dropping that kind of money on dude after one good season/WC. If Mou wants spend big on a CB then I'd rather they just pay the 50-55m Spurs want for Toby and be done with it. He's more proven and would provide a commanding presence at the back,I don't care if Maguire is better with the ball at his feet. Vic was supposedly bought because of that and that hasn't worked out...

Still have a tough time believing the board/Woody would be okay with Mou spending big on a CB after 2 straight summers of buying one unless someone else leaves. I'd be annoyed and hesitant if I were them

I’m surprised any team looking for CBs aren’t looking at Leipzig’s Upamecano & Napoli’s Koulibaly. Not only are they solid/rugged defenders but both are great passers & with the ball at their feet...

Napoli apparently want the world and then some for Koulibaly

He'd have likely been bought up by now if they didn't consider him as their most valuable player

I’m surprised any team looking for CBs aren’t looking at Leipzig’s Upamecano & Napoli’s Koulibaly. Not only are they solid/rugged defenders but both are great passers & with the ball at their feet...
or de ligt
i'd take upamecano or de ligt easy

Agree Kimchi Papi Kimchi Papi . I thought the whole point of another CB was to bring in a commanding one while victor develops. If we want a young one go after de ligt.

I think at this point mourinho is just trying to get in anyone which is frustrating to say the least.

my cousin came all the way from LA to watch his beloved united play their home opener, gave negative reviews to the game in comparison to throw back days in rfk.... anyways i watched the game on tv and that place looked like a snoozefest without the og fans in there. now look at dc united hahaha .

I been a season ticket holder for 5 years and something just doesn't feel right at Audi. All three supporter groups were at the NYRB too. I guess its new and ill give it time but it feels weird there

im in this boat. i'd rather have n'zonzi if that's what we're looking for
19,000 people voted in this poll with 90% not wanting parejo

and chelsea is stupid for asking so much for willian
now they are stuck with a player who doesn't want to play for them and pissed off for the failed move to barcelona
this is why players should force transfers cause otherwise they will end up getting ****** in the end

Not a fan of De Ligt. He's not that good a defender & shies away from physicality. He's tackles like a prom queen too. Give me Upamecano all day ery day...

I'm also a big fan of Valencia's U19 CB Carlos Badal. I'd take this kid over De Ligt too. Loved watching him play with the youth NTs. Another great CB going forward but also a rock solid rugged defender who loves a good hard tackle.

I also noticed Leverkusen's Jonathan Tah when I was trying to peep Leon play. Tah is youngin' too. Very good with the ball at his feet & passes well. Seemed like a solid defender too. I didn't see him enough to say for certain but will be paying attention to him this up coming campaign since I'm looking to see how Leon develops.

Last edited:
Chelsea wanted Koulibaly years ago but never pulled the trigger. I wouldn't be surprised if they were the EPL team that contacted Napoli and got deaded but it damn sure wasn't a 100 Mil offer or he'd be there already :lol:

They definitely mishandled the Willian situation as well. Should've took the 50+, probably could've got 60 but played too many games

nah you're trippin again
man said prom queen...**** outta here.
Watch him play... You'll see.. He tends to miss time his tackles & it leads to awful mistakes. I've seen it on glaring display when he's made his few appearances on the Dutch NT & in bigger matches for Ajax (the year they lost to United) in Europa League.

Edit - Look at his defending against Bulgaria in this WC qualifier... That's your mans responsible for both of Bulgaria's goals in the 2-nil loss. It don't get no poorer than that.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom