⚽️The Footy Thread: Lock Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Did a double-take on Son wearing Yeezy's... then realized that he's an Adi guy, but had to wear Nike Spurs stuff.

Dortmund rumored to be putting Pulisic on the market bcs they can’t come to an agreement in contract negotiations. Interesting if true.

Surprised to see Meyer still without a club

Ed needs to forget about Willian and go after the Murican GOAT for the RW

BVB supposedly want 70m for him while Chelsea apparently want 75m for Willian who turns 30 next month...

4900086700000578-0-image-m-45_1518112756101.jpg

:nerd:

Would much rather get a young talent like Pulisic/Chucky or Bailey at RW thinking long term rather then someone more 'established' with low ROI that likely wont last past Mou's tenure at the club...

[Sound Pusha T makes] The thought of Pulisic playing for the dotard. :smh:

I’d love to see him at United, just not playing under that dude...

That quote about not having Tuchel & Dembele is so stupid... I can’t beleive these people make a living writing about football/sports.

It's def wishful thinking on my part since Mou doesn't seem to have the patience for younger attacking players but that's the kind of purchase the club should be looking to make with value and the long term in mind instead of these short term fixes that will have to be replaced in 2-3 years tops...

Sanchez the odd man out. Dudes pushing for the American GOAT but the Chilean GOAT dont even fit into the situation. So glad City dodged him, but then we got Mahrez...

Klopp drop the bag. This is just a great business move and the money spent would surely be recouped at minimum twice over just off of marketing.

Sanchez the odd man out. Dudes pushing for the American GOAT but the Chilean GOAT dont even fit into the situation. So glad City dodged him, but then we got Mahrez...
They don't even play the same position though...

Club's been looking for a RW for years, Pulisic plays mainly there, it'd make sense.

Seems Alexis is still on your mind :lol:

With us being linked to three CBs that all play for teams that utilize a back three and us using the 3-5-2 in our last preseason game, I wouldn’t be surprised if that’s the formation this year and Sanchez gets to play centrally where he looks a lot better.

Would rather sign an older established RW as we already have a young talented RW on the books.

^^You're talking about Chong when you say the club already has a talented young RW?

I like him but he's likely a few years away from the 1st team picture at 18

Roma would be bouncing back quite nicely from the Malcom fiasco if they manage to get in both Bailey and Nzonzi

Monchi's seemingly living up to his rep

^^You're talking about Chong when you say the club already has a talented young RW?

I like him but he's likely a few years away from the 1st team picture at 18

Yeah Chong. Pulisic is 19, signing him means Chong is blocked from getting a crack at that starting spot even if it’s a few years down the line. Would rather just get a proven veteran and let Chong displace him in a few years.

Yeah Chong. Pulisic is 19, signing him means Chong is blocked from getting a crack at that starting spot even if it’s a few years down the line. Would rather just get a proven veteran and let Chong displace him in a few years.

Damn I didn't even realize the American GOAT is still a teen. I hope Chong becomes a part of the squad down the road but yea there's still that need right now. Still not a fan of potentially paying way over the odds just for experience. If that's the only realistic option then I'd rather Ed hit up Palace to bring Wilf home. He's established himself in the league at this point and his age would better justify the price than some of the other rumored targets

Best case scenario for pulisic and USA fans is to stay at Dortmund for another season, and prove that he can be a consistent starter for them..

I wouldn’t want him to move to the prem prematurely, have high expectations and not live up to them.

Dude is only 19, he has his entire career ahead of him.. no need to rush anything

surprised by how many want pulisic
i don't think he's ready for the top tier clubs yet
too much pressure and expectations....might harm him in the long run
He could stay in dortmund and still have a ton of pressure and expectation.

He could stay in dortmund and still have a ton of pressure and expectation.
but he's already used to that expectation
going to a bigger club will just multiply the pressure...he still has a lot to prove at dortmund

mou doesn't do well with young players...pulisic isn't ready for old trafford or mou

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom