⚽️The Footy Thread: Lock Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
pavard goal was saweet, i voted for nacho goal tho. but im fine with Pavard goaal too.

upload_2018-7-25_11-52-24.jpeg

#WOLFGANGLIFE

This is why I’m confused as to why Malcom did what he did. But hey I’m sure some players just don’t want to play in Rome. That’s fine. Just makes the players that do, all that more loved.
It actually wasn’t Malcom’s fault though. Bordeaux management was the one that was pulling a fast one on Roma and Roma decided that it wasn’t worth the headache to deal with Bordeaux.

It actually wasn’t Malcom’s fault though. Bordeaux management was the one that was pulling a fast one on Roma and Roma decided that it wasn’t worth the headache to deal with Bordeaux.

I don’t believe that bs. Malcom saw that Barca deal and wanted it. Roma offered a better deal then Barca and it still wasn’t enough. Dude just had his heart set out on playing in Barcelona. Basically he just skipped the middle man that was Roma.

I don’t believe that bs. Malcom saw that Barca deal and wanted it. Roma offered a better deal then Barca and it still wasn’t enough. Dude just had his heart set out on playing in Barcelona. Basically he just skipped the middle man that was Roma.
Barcelona have agreed a deal to sign Malcom from Bordeaux for an initial €41m (£36.5m), just a day after Roma announced they had a deal of their own.

The 21-year-old had appeared set for a move to the Italian capital on Monday, after both Roma and Bordeaux confirmed an agreement, reportedly in the region of €40m had been reached. Barcelona then came in with a late offer of their own and Malcom has now agreed a five-year contract at the Camp Nou.

Roma’s sporting director, Monchi, has commented on their failed move for Malcom in a video on the club’s official Twitter feed– and appeared to lay the blame with Bordeaux. The Spaniard also said that the club may consider legal action.

“It is easy to explain, but hard to understand,” Monchi said. “We reached an agreement [on Monday] with the player, his agent and Bordeaux. He was due to arrive for his medical at 11pm. Everything was done, so we were calm and confident.”

He added that the Bordeaux president, Stéphane Martin, insisted on releasing a statement confirming the deal, and that Roma were “forced” to follow suit. He then claimed that after Barcelona submitted a higher offer, Bordeaux refused to let the player travel to Rome. Monchi also stated that Roma made a new offer, but ended negotiations when asked to increase it further, “because we don’t want a bidding war”.

Sounds to me Bordeaux was acting in bad faith

I've always been annoyed at how little people outside of Portugal and Monaco know about him. 2nd (and sometimes THE) most important player for Portugal. It's too bad he's only going to get more recognition towards the end of his prime

Well said

I knew Yerry Mina wouldn't work out for Barca. He just doesn't strike me as a Barca player. He just didn't match with the club imo.

I've always been annoyed at how little people outside of Portugal and Monaco know about him. 2nd (and sometimes THE) most important player for Portugal. It's too bad he's only going to get more recognition towards the end of his prime

I've always loved the way Moutinho plays & never understood why a bigger club never scooped him up. I couldn't insert quotes so here are some screen grabs of comments I've made about him.
1.PNG

2.PNG

Attachments

• 3.PNG
    3.PNG
    48.1 KB · Views: 0
^ Steve Bruce always reminded me of Robert Bruce Sr. in Braveheart. :lol:

As much as I think Moutinho is criminally underrate, I've never understood why people rate Pjanic so highly. He's so over rated.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom