⚽️The Footy Thread: Lock Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
we really can't get rid of boateng huh? dude has become so injury prone the last couple years, he's too much of a liability

What are barca's plans with dembele?

mans should've stayed at dortmund for 1 more season and made a move to the prem

A manager
giphy.gif

:smokin:smokin:smokin:smokin:smokin:smokin:smokin:smokin malcom
if this is abidal's doing, i like where we're headed.
ecstatic about this but we still need a midfielder. i want de jong but that's a lot of pressure for arthur and de jong to produce right away.

I complained about Barca needing speed on the flanks but not at the cost of Dembele. Now that he's on the team, Malcom is the more finished product. He's better on the right wing up front, a better dribbler, more composed in the build up/hold up, better passer, especially his cross. The problem for Dembele is Malcom will thrive in training too. Dembele gotta step up big time now. I wonder how The Count will manage time for both. Big loser is Denis Suarez... He should bounce ASAP.

On the surface, this looks bad for Roma but they got the young Turk Cengiz Under who should get plenty of time now that Footy Nas ain't coming. He scored like 8-10 goals last campaign (something like that) playing on the right up front. He should make another step forward & get more mins.

What a bizarre & strange transfer window for Barca...

So with the signing of Malcom, where does that leave Dembele?

Nothing's been defined yet. Both play the same positions.

Neither should be used in midfield bcs they both have consistently displayed a lack of defense so the only option is playing on the right up front for both.

I don't think either can play centrally up front either.

This spells doom for Dembele bcs like I said up there, Footy Nas is a much better player... Stronger too.

Like I said to, Footy Nas lights it up in training. He gonna shine & end up getting more PT.

So with the signing of Malcom, where does that leave Dembele?
i don't know that's the million dollar question
valverde is going back to the 4-3-3 and my hope is suarez and messi get rotated more throughout the season and we can play dembele on the lw and the malcom on the rw at the same time while messi/ suarez in the middle.
messi and suarez are both over 30 and looked gassed at the business end of the champions league.
what madrid has done with ronaldo to keep him fit towards the end of the season is a good model

but i disagree with psk that i think dembele is a more finished product
he also has more experience in the champions league and with the national team
he can also play on both wings.
this is a good problem to have...the main thing is valverde having the balls to rest messi/suarez every now and then

Nah b, you clearly haven't watch Footy Nas... Dude can dribble like crazy. He'll put on a clinic over Dembele. His touch is nasty. Reminds me of Douglas Costa.

Meh, Barca couldn’t get Monchi so now they just go after players he’s looking at.

Why can’t transfers be kept under wraps?

Nah b, you clearly haven't watch Footy Nas... Dude can dribble like crazy. He'll put on a clinic over Dembele. His touch is nasty. Reminds me of Douglas Costa.
i don't doubt his talent. i hope you are right it will only make us better but ligue one is a different story b
he still has yet to play against the top talent

demebele torched united and real madrid in the champions league while he was at dortmund
his performance against chelsea too last season
he was injured and still had more of an impact with only a small number of matches than most of our squad

Dembele is super young though. I don't know why they can't use him in the midfield and just make him get back and play defense :lol: Its not like dude is Arjen Robben or CR7. He is young, teach him to track back

i don't doubt his talent. i hope you are right it will only make us better but ligue one is a different story b
he still has yet to play against the top talent

demebele torched united and real madrid in the champions league while he was at dortmund
his performance against chelsea too last season
he was injured and still had more of an impact with only a small number of matches than most of our squad
When you get a chance & if you feel like it, watch Malcom on youtube. Not the highlight stuff but game film that are cut down. Malcom does a great job of holding onto the ball with one-two defenders coming at him. The problem with Bordeaux is there weren't a lot of good finishing on the team.

Take this game as an example from last Sept. I think Bordeaux got walloped by P$G 5-2 or 6-2... Check out Malcom's play... Looks at the close control he has on the ball, his dribbling, his ability to create, his vision... It's impressive. Imagine watching him do what he's doing in this vid with Barca around him instead of Bordeaux. I'm very surprised more teams didn't pursue him.

Edit - Dembele is the type of dribbler that likes to kick it out far so he can beat his defender to the ball. Malcom will keep the ball close to him & get around you...

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom