⚽️The Footy Thread: Lock Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
For the NT Draft league, it only allows up to 16 players. If you are interested, make sure it's something you really want to do and will stick with.
I will also create a non-draft league, like usual. I'll see if I can make a second draft league, if possible, so that enough people can play

Join the game here: https://draft.premierleague.com

Once you have logged in or registered click on 'Start' and then 'Join a league'. You can then enter the league code 61080-17167 to join the league.

Codes for Non-draft League. There is the classic and Head-to-head, join both
Fantasy.premierleague.com

Classic: 774231-172893
Head-to-Head: 774231-172916

So one of you mls Timbers guise... Can you explain lafc’s Adama Diomande saying he was called the N word. Was it a Timber’s player or a fan?

Edit - oh damn it was a player... they need to kick him out that crap league with the quickness...

So one of you mls Timbers guise... Can you explain lafc’s Adama Diomande saying he was called the N word. Was it a Timber’s player or a fan?

Edit - oh damn it was a player... they need to kick him out that crap league with the quickness...

had to do with last night Cup match.

also, They got at LAFC for having "too many foreigners" on the pitch. Max you can have on the field is 5 :lol:

Last edited:
had to do with last night Cup match.

also, They got at LAFC for having "too many foreigners" on the pitch. Max you can have on the field is 5 :lol:

So the timbers org is telling homey to let it go?!?! What the club should’ve done is get out in front of it & held a presser last night & denounces that ish & put that player on blast then dumped his *** this morning. They told him to let it go?!?!?!? Wtf kind of wack *** **** is that?!?!!!!

Liverpool supporters, come and get ya mans

DiIwsARX4AAO7u-.jpg

So the timbers org is telling homey to let it go?!?! What the club should’ve done is get out in front of it & held a presser last night & denounces that ish & put that player on blast then dumped his *** this morning. They told him to let it go?!?!?!? Wtf kind of wack *** **** is that?!?!!!!

So far from what I've gathered, no official statement from either team. Only people making light of this are the supporters. Dude that did it should be out of the league IMO

@noskey :nerd:

EDIT: found something else

Last edited:
I think Madrid only needs a striker. I think Lopetegui wants to see what he has & what young players will step up & perform.

I don’t think Madrid should go crazy in the transfer window unless they can take a run at Mbappé.

I’m intrigued about what Lopetegui will do with Vinicius. How will he be brought along?

Was thinking about a lot of this today. That the only real need is a striker and I wouldn’t mind staying put for a transitional season before breaking the record for Mbappe. I also like that RM has shown so far that they aren’t interested in dealing at the post-Neymar market price so far. I remember reading last season that they want to wait for things to come back closer to earth again.

So far from what I've gathered, no official statement from either team. Only people making light of this are the supporters. Dude that did it should be out of the league IMO

Timbers have already denounced the actions and have let MLS investigate further.

Odd because a lot of our players are black. We fielded a B squad in the match and I have a few suspects but you really cant just throw accusations at who you suspect can be a racist that's something beyond terrible to accuse someone of.

Diomande just needs to come out and publicly shame the player. Who cares who it was or if he apologised. I looked at the roster and everyone of those guys we fielded last night can get the axe.

Striker has always been the #1 need, if you can get Hazard at a reasonable price do it, if not just start Asensio, would be nice if we could move Bale to the 9 has all the physical tools to do it, goal scoring ability, but he just doesn't work there.

Can't pinpoint any #9 to bring in tho, all the elite guys are locked in this year, still not opposed to bringing Mariano or Morata back, we lost a lot of goals in two years.

I mean the nerve of telling a black man who just got called the N word to let it go & also never address it in a presser like it never happened. It’s beyond deplorable not surprising. The response is beyond poor. Seems like they know who it is... What a POS response.

Was thinking about a lot of this today. That the only real need is a striker and I wouldn’t mind staying put for a transitional season before breaking the record for Mbappe. I also like that RM has shown so far that they aren’t interested in dealing at the post-Neymar market price so far. I remember reading last season that they want to wait for things to come back closer to earth again.
Madrid can afford the dough, but as far as talent goes, Madrid are like DJ Khalid needing more Js. Aside from striker & maybe a young cb to start playing a bit for Ramos & then eventually take his spot or do you have such a cb (& I’m having a brain fart & cant remember)? Madrid can afford to stand pat & see how everything developed in Lopetegui’s first year. If it doesn’t go real well they can always say well we did lose a legendary player.

Last edited:
No one told him to let it go stop implying false statements. Both teams have not said anything official like sonoftony has said. It's been less than 24 hours since kickoff, Timbers are in direct communication with LAFC, MLS and their staff to gets more facts out of the situation. Cant have a presser without the facts and dont help that team played away and probably have travel obligations in the way with ongoing investigations.

He said someone told him to let it go after getting an apology.... It don’t get any plainer than that. His statement is plane as day. The fact they apologized & told him to let it go seems to suggest they know who said it. I guess he’s a liar too...

Today was the first day in my professional career that I was called the 'N' word on the field. They will say sorry to me after the game and please let it go, but if I don't say anything racism will just continue to grow.

"No matter which country, color, religion or which language you're speaking we all are human being and we should respect each other no matter what!"

Last edited:
He said someone told him to let it go after getting an apology.... It don’t get any plainer than that. His statement is plane as day. The fact they apologized & told him to let it go seems to suggest they know who said it. I guess he’s a liar too...

You're choosing to interpret that as the organization told him to let it go. We don't know that and to say so is a false statement.

I originally interpreted that as his account of what happened on the field as a part of the accused player's weak *** apology - or what he fears will be said about the incident in the future. It really is not clear.

I believe Diomande, and the accused should have his contract terminated. Anything else from MLS is unacceptable.

Exactly, the player and not the organization is who told him to let it go. Of course someone would say that, always the defense of someone who knows they are in the wrong says that :smh:

"Just let it go bruhh" nah. Put him on blast, I as a supporter wanna know who it is.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom