⚽️The Footy Thread: Lock Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oliver power tripping isn't too surprising with his history,he sent off Hart and ADM in the past for brushing/touching him too

Shame that's how Gigi's CL career ends though

Shades of Zizou being sent off during the WC final vs Italy and Stevie G getting red carded seconds after in his last PL game

It wasn't a BS penalty. Dudes are using the ref as a scapegoat when it was Benatia who was at fault. People saying it's BS just wanted Buffon to get a CL before he retires, because apparently a CL should be handed to you just because of how long you've played.

Now they're walking that statement back by saying "Well it was a penalty, but Buffon shouldn't have been given a red card" I'm too lazy to do so, but if I wanted to, I could back through this thread and find plenty of instances of people complaining about Chelsea/Barca players hounding the refs without any punishment. Looks like players should be sent off unless it's your idol's last chance to win a CL.

someone with some sense.

Oliver power tripping isn't too surprising with his history,he sent off Hart and ADM in the past for brushing/touching him too

Shame that's how Gigi's CL career ends though

Shades of Zizou being sent off during the WC final vs Italy and Stevie G getting red carded seconds after in his last PL game

How is the ref power tripping when it's literally against the rules to hound and touch the ref, thanks to all the Premier League teams @#$@$@ about Chelsea players? He just applied the same rule you guys all wanted.

It was harsh in that moment imo,that's all chill :lol:

Never said anything about the penalty being unjust

Also props to Juve but this was about Zidane getting his lineup wrong. Once Asensio and Vazquez settled into the match Real were dominant. Bad move by Juve to play for ET since they needed a goal no matter what. They should have kept pushing without caring if they conceded one and kept the momentum.

4-4-1-1 with Isco or the actual 4-4-2 without Isco has to be the two formations we've been dominant in both, besides the force drop by Navas, Juve did nothing in the 2nd half.

Bale is pretty much done and dusted at RM? I think that’s a god damn shame....

Today would have been the perfect opportunity to play him alongside a Ronaldo, you know Juve are coming into the game with nothing to lose and are going to be attacking, what better two players to have to counter that attack, than Bale and Ronaldo. Madrid would have maybe had their goal by half time.

I watched the second half extended highlights, after Matuidi scored, Real Madrid were on the attack but they were just wayyyy to reliant on crossing and lofting it up to Ronaldo. That’s literally all they did for 30 mins, it worked cause his header was the one directed to Lucas Vazquez to score, that why Benatia hacked the **** of him and it was a clear PK - but RM were too reliant on Ronnie, wanted to see Bale given a shot here.

Last thing to note is CR7 actually played well. He was active, pressing, tracking back, looked fast, trying to lead his team, and getting the crowd behind them. Also getting involved from the wings. Sent a nice pass to Isco that could have been an assist too. Dude just lacked service. His spot kick for the win was excellent too and he extended his record with 11 straight matches with a goal in the CL.

Bale is pretty much done and dusted at RM? I think that’s a god damn shame....

Today would have been the perfect opportunity to play him alongside a Ronaldo, you know Juve are coming into the game with nothing to lose and are going to be attacking, what better two players to have to counter that attack than Bale and Ronaldo. Madrid would have maybe had their goal by half time.
Bale did it to himself today
He had a clear chance to assist Ronaldo on a tap in, but instead chose a cheeky backheel that wasn't accurate
Didn't do much after that
Oh well.

Bale can't play in two man front, either you drop him back in the midfield or player him on the wing in a 3, he's just not a CF.

Ohhhhh snap, my bad, I didn’t know Bale played :lol:, I just watched the extended highlights from the Matuidi goal, from there on out. But I just saw he got subbed, so he played bad? Their goes my assessment, thought he would have brought it on today :lol:

I just said what I heard, I've been busy with work all day. Wanted to see what you guys thought

Benatia with two hands on his back, shoving him, then clips him with the left leg - alll before the ball even came. Clear penalty, everyone here (Madrid haters alike) says it’s a penalty.

The people you’re hearing from that say it isn’t a penalty, dead them. They’re washed up bruh

Last edited:
Ohhhhh snap, my bad, I didn’t know Bale played :lol:, I just watched the extended highlights from the Matuidi goal, from there on out. But I just saw he got subbed, so he played bad? Their goes my assessment, thought he would have brought it on today :lol:
I thought Bale was fine, him & Case were subbed off for Asensio & Vazquez

4-4-1-1 with Isco or the actual 4-4-2 without Isco has to be the two formations we've been dominant in both, besides the force drop by Navas, Juve did nothing in the 2nd half.

Thing with dropping Isco is the worldwide circus that comes with it. I thought he looked suspect at the end of the match and ruined the flow of RM’s attack a few times. But regardless I want to see that 4-4-1-1 with him given a legit shot. Without a second striker up there he’d have even more of a forward and free role. He also does well pressing up top.

Cas was garbage today. Juve knew he’s somewhat of a liability on offense. Even though he goofed with his XI, still good on Zizou to make the changes he did at the half. Finally evolved past waiting until the 80th minute for subs and finally dropped Benz.

Qbar_f-maxage-0_s-200x150.gif

Buffon wildin

Props to Dzeko and Mandzukic repping for bully ball :lol:

And glad we’ll be getting our captain back for the next round

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom