⚽️The Footy Thread: Lock Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
That physical organized Prem defending

Crazy how even the lower teams are so much better now with the influx of money

RM/Barca and Messi/CR7 have inflated goal tallies. Let's see them do it in a cold rainy night at Huddersfield

Bravo champcruthik champcruthik !!! You clearly had your coffee & breakfast this morning.

Good to see Barca score in the first half. Not sure that has been done in quite a while. Team is still solely dependent on hannibal & Messi...
Hope the fam is doing well, my brotha. That oatmeal with fresh fruit gave me fuel to energize this thread.

In some ways, Eibar were a tad unlucky like Huddersfield against Manchester United. The Basque club was attacking the ball and very threatening early on, putting both Pique and Umtiti under considerable pressure. Dani Garcia and Joan Jordan were doing their best to unlock Inui and Orellana. Especially the skipper after Orellana got sent off, Garcia attempted to restabilize Eibar and maintain some semblance of composure while Mendilibar was spazzing about Suarez playing the ball after the whistle and not getting booked (like Orellana's second yellow). The Chilean was enjoying a great match prior to the two yellows. Mendilibar had to expect better from an experienced 32-year-old La Liga veteran. Inui had a nice match as well coming in from the left wing. Took a dangerous ball from Orellana and pushed it just wide right past ter Stegen's goal while falling down on the shot.

Messi had a tough, tough angle right before the half that hit woodwork. I read he's been denied by the bar or post 14 times in the current La Liga campaign (17 in all competitions). Messi's pass to Jordi Alba was sublime, the one in which Alba was incorrectly ruled offside for a third time.

Busquets was class as usual with his passage balls in the middle of the park.

I wonder if Conte will consciously try to expose Barca's right flank on Tuesday. I'm thinking Valverde should start Semedo over Sergi Roberto. The Spaniard offers a tremendous amount of creativity from RB, more than you'd normally expect from that position, but there's moments you sense Sergi Roberto can either get caught on the counter or forced into a defensive error if you overload his side. In the first 20 minutes or so of today's match, Eibar was having a lot of success attacking through the left channel and whipping diagonal balls into Orellana.

clean sheets :smokin
shout out to eibar who played some of the most attractive football barca has seen from an opponent this season
the red card was unfortunate and took the air out of an exciting match.

these smaller pitches always make for some exciting football

Forgot to add:
Orellana's frustration foul on Don Andres when Iniesta was playing out from the back should have been a straight red. Crunching, late, potentially harmful tackle that has no place in the game. I guess the stupid second yellow was karma for the earlier incident.

speaking of Gattuso

replying to champcruthik champcruthik paragraphs. with the other big names, Germany, France, and Brasil; something to note is the great team chemistry they accumulate in the years leading up to the world cup. Germany winning the last one was what, 75% Bayern with ex Bayerns in it with Kroos. Bundesliga people in it obviously. WC winner before that was 50/50 Madrid/Barca. Italy with great italians, you get the picture. PSG became B$G, the owner want's a UCL but me as many other see the big picture of chemistry building of Brasil's NT. we look at Belgium's NT... not the most Chem building going on. The majority of them play in the EPL which is so competitive that the tactics of each team are so diverse trying to get the upper hand each player comes in with a different play style. it'll mess things up.

Chelsea need to go after Bailey now before Bayern swoops in. The kid keeps saying he wants to play for Chelsea so make it happen please

I read that, I think he's right. Pretty sure he got forced out as a US scout too, I don't remember. There was another article that was pretty good but don't forget which outlet produced it, talking about how how nobody really pays attention to these players. We gotta do something about the priced we're charging to play this sport, and its accessibility.

^ is that why england is so trash?
51rgb3R%2BxhL._SX322_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg

The book says it all:rofl:

I loved Adriano. didn't know it was Depression that ultimately let to his slow decay. I love him even more now

For ****s sake Spurs
1-0 behind, maybe now we can get to business

Edit: Lucas Moura brings us back in the fight :pimp:

Last edited:
lmao never once heard of Rochdale before

so at this point since Spurs and RM tied once and Spurs beat RM the other time, at the very worst Rochdale = RM :nerd:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom