∞True Detective Season 1 Thread ***CLOSED***∞

Is it time yet where we can admit we overanalyzed this show completely?

Good thing I ignored whatever people thought was going to happen.

Kinda mad the higher ups were able to use their influence again and kill the connection to tuttle. Kohl should get his sniper friend to take a few of them out.

This went down as one of my favorite TV shows ever. I honestly thought Cohle was a goner, glad he made it.

Definitely going to catch the re-run in an hour, don't know if it was just me but it was tough to hear a lot of the dialogue in this ep.

Don't think I've ever been so tense watching a tv show.

Rust
pimp.gif

^^nah Cohle always comes with the incomprehensible mumble :lol: really enjoyed this season overall...gonna rewatch it again. Sad it's over and was only 8 eps tho [emoji]128532[/emoji]

This show is always at it's best when it lives in a blend of the practical and the philosophical.

This finale decided to segregate the two for the most part, letting the practical run the first half with the hunt. It hit that perfect blend in the caves. And then it threw all the practical away and drenched the ending in Rust-philosophy. And that's fine. I look forward to the thinkpieces tomorrow. But there's something at it's core that's so unsatisfying about that.

That so much was weaved into this show that was practical. I mean, the entire reddit is made up of the practical clues that made the show a sensation. It's in the marriage of the two that this is more than just a cop show. We all know it wasn't just 1 guy in those videos, so letting that hang in the ambiguous air, so you can just stop to work out your feelings about htings?

:\ Okay.

Errol is the new Bane
laugh.gif
Elite level creep, seriously
laugh.gif
 New Bane
RUST THE GAWD MADE IT!!!!!!!!
RustyShackleford 
nerd.gif

Errol one of the creepiest guys ever

My nerves during the whole scene when Rust was hunting him > *
Had me on edge 
laugh.gif

Is it time yet where we can admit we overanalyzed this show completely?
mean.gif
 yes

I never believed in any theories.
I thought it was good. I do like the fact that Rust know there are more people to get from that video. So who knows they may go back to that later.

Solid season.

:lol: at the ending being pretty tame compared to all the theories. Still a great cop drama. :pimp:

But what was that blue spiral thing Rust saw right before he got gutted? was it just one of those crazy things he sees? Looked like the galaxy.

I DEFINITELY thought is was maggie....

NOT SRS

Last edited by a moderator:
For the rest of the week I'm speaking in Ole English, and askin my girl if she wanna plant flowers.

In honor of the greatest perv in the History on television, Errol aka New Bane

-But real talk. Man it made me sick to my stomach when the showed the pile of kids clothes.

-I wonder how long old man Childress was dead, is he dead? Wouldn't he be in on it too, and might actually the spaghetti monster

Last edited:
Pizzolatto on the ending before the show aired:

"There are also those who will not be satisfied with any finale unless Rust Cohle steps out of their TVs, into their living room, and shoots them in the foot as some kind of meta-statement on magick and mass entertainment. And, you know, the technology just isn’t there. That said, I wouldn’t totally rule out the appearance of special effects…"

Pretty much sums up what some people might feel about it :lol:

Last edited:
I am pretty sure the Yellow King just meant the fact the crap on his face was yellowed

Nic stayed true the whole time and said it was a straight forward show; I won't even front like I didn't tear up at the end when it showed they really cared for each other and Rust accepted his daughter's death

:pimp: :pimp: :pimp: :pimp: :pimp: :pimp:

I think the whole true story was Rust accepting his daughter's death and learning to live with it and know it's okay

Pretty much sums up what some people might feel about it :lol:

But see...I never cared about any of the theories except for the practical ones.

I don't really care who the Yellow King is. I care about simple stuff...like a lot of kids were raped and killed by several people over decades. I just wanted a bit more resolution on that is all. I wanted all of that investigation to be more than just a lot of names and faces that could've been simplified down a ton, since all that was really important were a couple last names we'd heard the entire series long. Ledoux, Tuttle, Childress. That's it.

Having so many elements, moments and images spirtually fit the theme is okay. It's making art out of it. I never really bought into the symbols everywhere and the whole "how is it all connected?!" thing. But I needed more out of his daughter basically foreshadowing what we saw on that tape. I didn't need a twist. I didn't need every step of it spelled out. I just wanted some gestures that'd say something is coming out of the excessive details and characters we got.

And the time. The way the finale played out, made it feel as though the time didn't really matter. There wasn't any particular reason why this murder mystery needed 17 years to tell. There was definitely reason why we needed to check in on Rust and Marty through these 3 points in time, but that air of "don't worry, it's not that big a deal" hangs over the case itself. They just threw a dart at a wall and said...how bout 2012 and we just go and get him.

Last edited:
Wow.

I dont eemm care if all my theories were wrong. That was the greatest season ever for any tv show.

Can anyone explain what rust was talking about at the end? I understood most of it

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom