♔ ~~~~| Celebrites Rockin Heat (fly gear/Fly kicks) VOL. 3 | ~~~~ ♔

Status
Not open for further replies.
happy.gif
"Oh god" *big sean voice*

:lol:
You tell 'em. Fashion icon?
Blazers with tees and jeans. Unbuttoned flannels with white tees.
...I'm pretty sure Brandon Walsh wore all these outfits is seasons 2 - 5 of 90210 :lol:

BIP, the majority of the Kanye-riders were born post '95. As you stated - Axl Rose and the cats from Melrose Place and 90210 were rocking these joints well before him.

:lol:
You tell 'em. Fashion icon?
Blazers with tees and jeans. Unbuttoned flannels with white tees.
...I'm pretty sure Brandon Walsh wore all these outfits is seasons 2 - 5 of 90210 :lol:

BIP, the majority of the Kanye-riders were born post '95. As you stated - Axl Rose and the cats from Melrose Place and 90210 were rocking these joints well before him.

his fans are insane, but do you expect him to create a new trend every day?
the fact that his fans follow his every move is the reason why he can be called a "fashion icon"

and I'm an "old head" if that matters.

i think people are on kanye too much, he's just a regular guy who wears stupid **** once in a while, which ive(and almost everyone else has) done b4 and will probably do again. Im sure he doesnt give a **** or else he would change the way he dressed

Last edited:
i think people are on kanye too much, he's just a regular guy who wears stupid **** once in a while, which I've(and almost everyone else has) done b4 and will probably do again. Im sure he doesnt give a **** or else he would change the way he dressed
I think they hate the Kanye stans, and I don't blame them, because I do too.
but I agree with what you said, when you're that famous, you might as well wear something off-center, see if anyone follows, then take credit for it.

edit:
no, im not famous, lol.
I fixed it, I meant "Kanye's fans"

Last edited:
^ you're a celebrity? and to further add to ur point that does seem to work, wearing something that a normal guy like myself could never pull off works for them. If it sticks and everyone starts wearing it, they take credit(pink shirts etc.) if not, they try something new. I mean look at this guy lil wayne. He wears some insane ****, like those snow boots to a bball game. If i tryed that i would be a laughing stock, but he has had some decent fits that i wouldnt mind wearing. Most celebrities(male ones at least) will switch up their style to accomadate the fashion change, but will also dress in whatever they feel like too because in reality they are like most other ppl, sometimes they wanna dress there own way, even if it looks stupid

Postin' Esoteric pics?
Where you from Bip?

NYC.
Q-U Hectic

did those cormega pro keds ever come out?

From what I heard, only on some friends and family stuff, which sucks because I'm a sucker for olive and Mega is one of my favorite rappers.

his fans are insane, but do you expect him to create a new trend every day?
the fact that his fans follow his every move is the reason why he can be called a "fashion icon"
and I'm an "old head" if that matters.

I don't expect him to create a new trend everyday... my point (and Alp reiterates it below) is that his whole relationship with fashion is grossly overstated. I'm not sure he ever created a new trend in the first place. ...And, that's not a knock on him, most people haven't. And, further, I don't care if he didn't. He's a musical artist, not a designer. Make good music and everything else is secondary.

When dudes make statements about Kanye not being revolutionary any more, I don't even know what the means. What did he do that nobody did before? ...Wear jean jackets? Wear Jordan Retros with Nike Air? Wear some stuff that all my friends wore in high school? Wear leather pants? Wear designer labels? I don't understand what he ever did in the first place. Sure, he has been somewhat fashionable and image-conscious, but people attribute way too much to him; it's a reflection of how small their world view is and little sense of (recent) history they have more than anything , actually.

I'm not trolling; if somebody can explain the trends that Kanye started/revived, I'd appreciate hearing the argument.

i think people are on kanye too much, he's just a regular guy who wears stupid **** once in a while, which ive(and almost everyone else has) done b4 and will probably do again. Im sure he doesnt give a **** or else he would change the way he dressed

Agreed with everything except him not caring. He definitely cares. But, all in all, he's just a dude experimenting with styles. More often than not, he's wearing something pretty normal... now if only his fans would treat things that way.

Last edited:
Bron's fit the freshest of the last few pages. D Wade looking mad zesty as usual. Info on Bron's pants?

In my opinion, hands down the whole bright colors/more fitted clothing (on rappers/urban demographic) look came from Kanye and Pharrell. Find me a picture of Jay Z or TI or a relevant rapper in slim fit clothing before 2007. That has to be the biggest effect he's left on the game.

Of course, you got dudes wearing blazers, U-Necks, and mad chains, a look Ye started at the 2010 VMA performance.

Then of course, no one was rocking leather pants/waxed denim before him and his camp.

And remember in 09 when everyone was nappy/didn't shave for a few months because Kanye was on that 808s ****. Lol find a pic of Usher or Jay from 09 and you'll see what I'm talking about.

Have you ever went to the beach and saw people in those corny *** shutter shades? Although I think they're corny as ****, it's another long lasting trend that Kanye brought back. I understand they were popular in the 80s, but no one in this generation was rocking them like that till the "Stronger" video...

In my opinion, hands down the whole bright colors/more fitted clothing (on rappers/urban demographic) look came from Kanye and Pharrell. Find me a picture of Jay Z or TI or a relevant rapper in slim fit clothing before 2007. That has to be the biggest effect he's left on the game.

Of course, you got dudes wearing blazers, U-Necks, and mad chains, a look Ye started at the 2010 VMA performance.

Then of course, no one was rocking leather pants/waxed denim before him and his camp.

And remember in 09 when everyone was nappy/didn't shave for a few months because Kanye was on that 808s ****. Lol find a pic of Usher or Jay from 09 and you'll see what I'm talking about.

Have you ever went to the beach and saw people in those corny *** shutter shades? Although I think they're corny as ****, it's another long lasting trend that Kanye brought back. I understand they were popular in the 80s, but no one in this generation was rocking them like that till the "Stronger" video...
So in that case is it still original even if was being done before(decades)? Its like if you today started wearing bell bottoms, does that make you original?

Because he's taking a pic of the shoes that his man designed? Y'all put entirely too much stock in this "sneaker game" business. >D

Does "The fresh prince" not ring a bell?  Loud colors...CHECK.

Fitted clothing? NWA was rocking fitted jeans and crew neck sweaters since jump. Ice T was rocking fitted clothing...CHECK.

Mad chains?  Do you not know who Slick Rick is?....CHECK

Leather pants? Run DMC. Ice T......CHECK

Unshaven,"nappy" look? Jay always lets his hair grow during the recording process. Way before Ye' was signed...CHECK. (let's not forget 808s was right after his mom passed. Dude was depressed and still is.

"Shutter Shades"? Well, you gotta take a trip to the EAST...our Asian brethren pioneered that look in the 90s. CHECK.

U-necks? No rappers that I think of but thats stolen from Marc Jacobs and our Italian brethren.

Ye is not as revolutionary as you make him out to be. Plain and simple. Even his production is copied from the likes or Premier, RZA, etc.

and just to drive home....

Kim Kardashian?.....everyone else in the industry before Ye'.....CHECK.

Last edited:
I'm not trolling; if somebody can explain the trends that Kanye started/revived, I'd appreciate hearing the argument.
In my opinion, hands down the whole bright colors/more fitted clothing (on rappers/urban demographic) look came from Kanye and Pharrell. Find me a picture of Jay Z or TI or a relevant rapper in slim fit clothing before 2007. That has to be the biggest effect he's left on the game.​

Have you ever went to the beach and saw people in those corny *** shutter shades? Although I think they're corny as ****, it's another long lasting trend that Kanye brought back. I understand they were popular in the 80s, but no one in this generation was rocking them like that till the "Stronger" video...​

Kanye started the Blazer trend in like 04-06

Nobody rocked leather pants? EVERYBODY rocked leather pants in high school, back in like 2002.

Kanye started people going scruffy and not shaving? MAYBE he influenced Jay and Usher, but that had been going on since the 90s as well. Go look at any Wu-Tang pic

Does "The fresh prince" not ring a bell?  Loud colors...CHECK.

Fitted clothing? NWA was rocking fitted jeans and crew neck sweaters since jump. Ice T was rocking fitted clothing...CHECK.

Mad chains?  Do you not know who Slick Rick is?....CHECK

Leather pants? Run DMC. Ice T......CHECK

Unshaven,"nappy" look? Jay always lets his hair grow during the recording process. Way before Ye' was signed...CHECK. (let's not forget 808s was right after his mom passed. Dude was depressed and still is.

"Shutter Shades"? Well, you gotta take a trip to the EAST...our Asian brethren pioneered that look in the 90s. CHECK.

U-necks? No rappers that I think of but thats stolen from Marc Jacobs and our Italian brethren.

Ye is not as revolutionary as you make him out to be. Plain and simple. Even his production is copied from the likes or Premier, RZA, etc.

and just to drive home....

Kim Kardashian?.....everyone else in the industry before Ye'.....CHECK.
I say its more so that hes not necessarily the originator but he def brought it back to the mainstream crowd and influenced a lot of people how to dress. Its as simple as that. No one would do leather/waxed pants if Ye didnt do it for example. He might not be THE ONE GUY, but hes def that one highly mainstream presence that people check for fashion. Nothing you do now is gonna be original.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom