♔ ~~~~| Celebrites Rockin Heat (fly gear/Fly kicks) VOL. 3 | ~~~~ ♔

Status
Not open for further replies.
Exactly, if Kanye has a fly outfit on, post it. But these dudes are posting EVERY Kanye pic they find on the internet. Its borderline obsessive

OMGEEEEEEEE KANYE

rest in power to cowboy, mel's budwiser racing singlet is money and why in the hell does scorpio have his shirt tucked into his drawls w/ no pants on while rocking a slouch boot/gold lame' robe combo? cocaine is one hell of a drug, aint it? :rofl:
Yeah - most of my pics are of the Lo, but you don't see me reposting Timeless Truth's and Meyhem Lauren's entire Instagram, right?...

There's virtue in moderation.

peace to the timeless truth brothers :smokin

Last edited:
Dont know why you guys go crazy over those OG Polo pieces. Maybe cause its Polo? The history behind it? Whatever the inside scoop is, the design themselves are meh, almost tacky.

Different strokes.

In my opinion, hands down the whole bright colors/more fitted clothing (on rappers/urban demographic) look came from Kanye and Pharrell. Find me a picture of Jay Z or TI or a relevant rapper in slim fit clothing before 2007. That has to be the biggest effect he's left on the game.

Of course, you got dudes wearing blazers, U-Necks, and mad chains, a look Ye started at the 2010 VMA performance.

Then of course, no one was rocking leather pants/waxed denim before him and his camp.

And remember in 09 when everyone was nappy/didn't shave for a few months because Kanye was on that 808s ****. Lol find a pic of Usher or Jay from 09 and you'll see what I'm talking about.

Have you ever went to the beach and saw people in those corny *** shutter shades? Although I think they're corny as ****, it's another long lasting trend that Kanye brought back. I understand they were popular in the 80s, but no one in this generation was rocking them like that till the "Stronger" video...
So in that case is it still original even if was being done before(decades)? Its like if you today started wearing bell bottoms, does that make you original?
If I started rocking bell bottoms and it somehow caught on, then yes, it would be original, because before I started rocking them, dudes would get clowned for rocking them. (Although I'd def get clowned for rocking them, but assuming in this hypothetical situation I had the following/influence of Kanye
laugh.gif
)

Rita Ora has perfect breasts.

She had an OD revealing jacket where her chesticles were out, wish I could post here.

In my opinion, hands down the whole bright colors/more fitted clothing (on rappers/urban demographic) look came from Kanye and Pharrell. Find me a picture of Jay Z or TI or a relevant rapper in slim fit clothing before 2007. That has to be the biggest effect he's left on the game.

Of course, you got dudes wearing blazers, U-Necks, and mad chains, a look Ye started at the 2010 VMA performance.

Then of course, no one was rocking leather pants/waxed denim before him and his camp.

And remember in 09 when everyone was nappy/didn't shave for a few months because Kanye was on that 808s ****. Lol find a pic of Usher or Jay from 09 and you'll see what I'm talking about.

Have you ever went to the beach and saw people in those corny *** shutter shades? Although I think they're corny as ****, it's another long lasting trend that Kanye brought back. I understand they were popular in the 80s, but no one in this generation was rocking them like that till the "Stronger" video...
Does "The fresh prince" not ring a bell?  Loud colors...CHECK.

Fitted clothing? NWA was rocking fitted jeans and crew neck sweaters since jump. Ice T was rocking fitted clothing...CHECK.

Mad chains?  Do you not know who Slick Rick is?....CHECK

Leather pants? Run DMC. Ice T......CHECK

Unshaven,"nappy" look? Jay always lets his hair grow during the recording process. Way before Ye' was signed...CHECK. (let's not forget 808s was right after his mom passed. Dude was depressed and still is.

"Shutter Shades"? Well, you gotta take a trip to the EAST...our Asian brethren pioneered that look in the 90s. CHECK.

U-necks? No rappers that I think of but thats stolen from Marc Jacobs and our Italian brethren.
Lol. So dawg you telling me that a TV show that aired 20 years ago had a bigger effect on the way people dressed in 2007- now than popular artists like Pharrell and Ye? You saying kids in high school are wearing brighter colors because of Will Smith's character from 1992 and NOT one of the most relevant and best selling artists of their time? Ask yourself that question, who has the bigger influence, a Fresh Prince episode from 92 or a Kanye West video.

You saying that when rappers starting wearing tight clothes, they just woke up one day and decided to dress more fitted because of what NWA and Ice T wore in 1989, just decided to ignore that 20 or so year period from the mid 90s to late 2000s where dudes clothes was literally falling off of them? You saying dudes like Jay and Wayne and TI and the rest of urban America stopped wearing 4XL white tees because NWA used to rock tight **** back in the late 80s?

Not gonna really argue with you about chains.

And again, you can't possibly convince me that it's more likely that the whole game was watching old Run DMC videos, rather than them starting to wear leather pants after Ye did it.

I mean, did Kevin's stylist get this idea from Marc Jacobs or Ye? You tell me.

kanye-tokyo-5.jpg

kevin_hart_mtv_vma_2012_instagram_photo_184iv5f-184iv8b.jpg

Again, is Barack Obama wearing Shutter Shades because of "Asian brethren from the West" or is he doing it because Ye brought it back in 07 and it caught on and became an American pop culture staple?

tumblr_md35ddkNYU1qzhkvho1_500.jpg

I mean, it's like dude up there said - if Kanye started rocking bell bottoms and bucket hats tomorrow, and you go to a party and mad dudes are rocking bell bottoms and bucket hats, it COULD be argued that JJ from Good Times is the reason dudes are doing it, but honestly, what's more likely?
laugh.gif

You can always argue that a trend came from some old or obscure source, but you have to ask yourself how much influence does Run DMC wearing leather pants 20 years ago have versus Celebrity Sneaker Stalker on NiceKicks showing Ye every week in leather pants and Bred 1's.

Last edited:
Lol. So dawg you telling me that a TV show that aired 20 years ago had a bigger effect on the way people dressed in 2007- now than popular artists like Pharrell and Ye? You saying kids in high school are wearing brighter colors because of Will Smith's character from 1992 and NOT one of the most relevant and best selling artists of their time? Ask yourself that question, who has the bigger influence, a Fresh Prince episode from 92 or a Kanye West video.

You saying that when rappers starting wearing tight clothes, they just woke up one day and decided to dress more fitted because of what NWA and Ice T wore in 1989, just decided to ignore that 20 or so year period from the mid 90s to late 2000s where dudes clothes was literally falling off of them? You saying dudes like Jay and Wayne and TI and the rest of urban America stopped wearing 4XL white tees because NWA used to rock tight **** back in the late 80s?

Not gonna really argue with you about chains.

And again, you can't possibly convince me that it's more likely that the whole game was watching old Run DMC videos, rather than them starting to wear leather pants after Ye did it.

I mean, did Kevin's stylist get this idea from Marc Jacobs or Ye? You tell me.

kanye-tokyo-5.jpg

kevin_hart_mtv_vma_2012_instagram_photo_184iv5f-184iv8b.jpg

Again, is Barack Obama wearing Shutter Shades because of "Asian brethren from the West" or is he doing it because Ye brought it back in 07 and it caught on and became an American pop culture staple?

tumblr_md35ddkNYU1qzhkvho1_500.jpg

I mean, it's like dude up there said - if Kanye started rocking bell bottoms and bucket hats tomorrow, and you go to a party and mad dudes are rocking bell bottoms and bucket hats, it COULD be argued that JJ from Good Times is the reason dudes are doing it, but honestly, what's more likely?
laugh.gif

You can always argue that a trend came from some old or obscure source, but you have to ask yourself how much influence does Run DMC wearing leather pants 20 years ago have versus Celebrity Sneaker Stalker on NiceKicks showing Ye every week in leather pants and Bred 1's.
You don't get it. Ye isn't influenced by Ye. He's influenced by others who he then emulates. It's that simple.

Same dudes who called rockers gay for wearing tight pants, leather jeans and slinky tanks are the same ones rocking it religiously. Point is..social media wasn't around back then and Will Smith influenced the hell out of the world in the 90s. Everyone had on Nike Windbreakers and J's cause Will did. If you're gonna give me credit for the Slick Rick comparison then you have to give credit for every other thing.

Yall just give dudes waaaaay too much credit. And to answer your question about Kevin Hart...YOU DO REALIZE that these dudes come from nothing and when you become a millionaire you run in different circles which usually lead to FASHION SHOWS. They take what EUROPEAN models are wearing and bring it to the states because they have the money for $800 t-shirts and 1k jeans, etc.

Kevin Hart even admitted he buys Bellangcias *sp* because they're expensive and he can afford it now...This coming from one of the few real sneaker heads in Hollywood.

Mostly because we are subjected to the same pics of Kanye wearing the same outfits from different angles. How many times are we expected to see Kanye wearing leather pants and AJKO's before it becomes redundant?

Sooo YOU post some different pics. What's the good in crying about it and not changing anything? Wanna see more celebs in here? GET TO POSTING. Y'all will complain about any and everything. Forum full of little girls I swear.

Even if I did, it would get lost in the flood of Kanye pics from different angles that you CONTINUE to post. How many times can you see Kanye in his leather pants and AJKO's before you get tired of posting it? How much do you love this man?

Son. Just stop. Just like my dude said, if you aren't going to try to contribute and change the thread, then stop *****ing about it and stop coming in here.

He called you out, and you're doing everything you can to dance around the fact that YOU don't have anything to contribute but complaints.

If you're tired of seeing Kanye, then honestly, don't go into any thread with "Celebrity" and "sneakers/kicks" in it. Because he is obviously one of, if not the biggest celebrity sneaker enthusiast right now. So you WILL see him.

this piece is probrably the most heat in a while in this thread.
Only about 3 made ever.
Worn by Ian Connor

Last edited:
Mostly because we are subjected to the same pics of Kanye wearing the same outfits from different angles. How many times are we expected to see Kanye wearing leather pants and AJKO's before it becomes redundant?

Sooo YOU post some different pics. What's the good in crying about it and not changing anything? Wanna see more celebs in here? GET TO POSTING. Y'all will complain about any and everything. Forum full of little girls I swear.

Even if I did, it would get lost in the flood of Kanye pics from different angles that you CONTINUE to post. How many times can you see Kanye in his leather pants and AJKO's before you get tired of posting it? How much do you love this man?

Son. Just stop. Just like my dude said, if you aren't going to try to contribute and change the thread, then stop *****ing about it and stop coming in here.

He called you out, and you're doing everything you can to dance around the fact that YOU don't have anything to contribute but complaints.

If you're tired of seeing Kanye, then honestly, don't go into any thread with "Celebrity" and "sneakers/kicks" in it. Because he is obviously one of, if not the biggest celebrity sneaker enthusiast right now. So you WILL see him.

Son like I said, I will continue to complain about it. And I actually did post several pics on that same page. And "celebrity sneaker enthusiast"? I literally see pictures posted of him in the same clothes rotating the same pair of shoes AJKOs/Flyknits/some LV BS. So no he is not obviously the biggest celebrity "Sneaker enthusiast". My issue wasnt pictures of Kanye, my issue was people posting pictures of him in the same fit and the same kicks day after day after day like its something new. Like I said, how many times do we have to see Ye in leather pants and AJKOs before it becomes yesterdays news?

Lol. So dawg you telling me that a TV show that aired 20 years ago had a bigger effect on the way people dressed in 2007- now than popular artists like Pharrell and Ye? You saying kids in high school are wearing brighter colors because of Will Smith's character from 1992 and NOT one of the most relevant and best selling artists of their time? Ask yourself that question, who has the bigger influence, a Fresh Prince episode from 92 or a Kanye West video.​

I won't deny that Kanye was influential. But, the 80s - early 90s, in general, came back style-wise. Remember when people were wearing "Fresh Prince hats?" People were rocking flat tops and all kinds of stuff from that generation. I'm not saying Will Smith alone was responsible for that, but Kanye wasn't singularly responsible either.

You saying that when rappers starting wearing tight clothes, they just woke up one day and decided to dress more fitted because of what NWA and Ice T wore in 1989, just decided to ignore that 20 or so year period from the mid 90s to late 2000s where dudes clothes was literally falling off of them? You saying dudes like Jay and Wayne and TI and the rest of urban America stopped wearing 4XL white tees because NWA used to rock tight **** back in the late 80s?​

Actually, and ditto for the leather pants thing, I think a lot of it came from a period when rappers started more identiftying as "rock stars." There seemed a larger influence than in the past from both the rock and skater cultures, and that shifted things. I'd actually give Skateboard P more credit in this area than Yeezus. Kanye played a minor part in this, but as in most cases, his role is overstated.

And again, you can't possibly convince me that it's more likely that the whole game was watching old Run DMC videos, rather than them starting to wear leather pants after Ye did it.​

As Ninjahood stated, tons of more contemporary rappers rocked leather pants. Ja Rule for sure. Nas also has a weird love for leather pants. But, as I said above, I think more if came from the "rock star" influence than any one hip hop artist.

Again, is Barack Obama wearing Shutter Shades because of "Asian brethren from the West" or is he doing it because Ye brought it back in 07 and it caught on and became an American pop culture staple?​

I'll wholeheartedly grant the shades thing. But, let's be fair, that "trend" lasted about two months and lived longer as a meme than as a trend. More pairs were bought in jest than in earnest.

I mean, it's like dude up there said - if Kanye started rocking bell bottoms and bucket hats tomorrow, and you go to a party and mad dudes are rocking bell bottoms and bucket hats, it COULD be argued that JJ from Good Times is the reason dudes are doing it, but honestly, what's more likely? :lol:

Fashion is cyclical. There are only so many new things that can be done. I won't say that reviving a trend doesn't count and that you have to come up with something totally new to be considered influential. My point is really about the degree to which Kanye played a part in these revivals. I don't deny that he has influence, but I disagree with many about how much influence he has.

Last edited:
Dont know why you guys go crazy over those OG Polo pieces. Maybe cause its Polo? The history behind it? Whatever the inside scoop is, the design themselves are meh, almost tacky.

Different strokes.

The "tackiness" as you call it, is actually part of it.

A lot of urban culture has its roots in the idea of appropriating things that weren't meant for you - muscling in on spaces, styles, and commodities that largely excluded from the poor and disenfranchised and making them their own.

That goes for the appropriation of public space, exclusion of the established art scene, and the advertising industry and the rise of graffiti. It underpins the idea that a lack of access to formal musical training led to turning a record player to a musical instrument

And, that goes to the appropriation of clothing originally intended for a wealthy white demographic as well. The collections held in highest esteem by, first the Lo-Lifes, and then the larger Lo-rocking hip hop community deviate from the more traditional, conservative, Ralph Lauren aesthetic. So, this was a slice of fashion that was both aspirational and otherwise exclusive that a young, poor, urban demographic could make their own. For those of us older enough to have lived through at least part of the early Lo-Life era, it was a real thing. Many of these pieces became legendary.

So, it is nostalgia, but it's also something more. It represents an era that we came up in that is different than that of today. When people talk about fashion as a way to express themselves what they mean is that we use clothing as one of the tools to communicate to the world how we want others to understand us. These pieces are also valued because they are very poignant "badges" (as sociologists would call them). If I see somebody wearing a piece like that, I can usually make a lot of assumptions about that person that are likely to be true. That's not true for most pieces of clothing. So, one of the other reasons those pieces are so valued is that they "do their job" very well.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom