☆☆ 2012 NBA Finals ☆☆ The King has been crowned; Heat win 2012 NBA Finals! Bron Finals MVP.

Originally Posted by RyGuy45

Might be late on this but are we doin the NT S&T official fantasy league again ???? Anyone? I know DoubleJs and KLJ etc were in it.
Is this the superfriends league??? If so I want in again.......

chillainvillain wrote:
As long as Dwight or CP3 goes to the Lakers, I'm fine.
pimp.gif

Its NEVER going to happen. Mr. 3 years for 90 million won't renegotiate his contract for the betterment of the team. Lets be real when has kobe ever taken one for the team?
laugh.gif

They can't give away Gasol because of his no trade clause.
No more over the cap spending for LA either. Buss won't want to spend the extra 100 millions tax. Its a business remember that.
wink.gif

Originally Posted by Kevin Cleveland

Remember when I won last year?
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
this guy... if we do that league again can we switch up the scoring to H2H?

So sick of all this talk about Chris Paul going to NY. You already have Amare & Melo, you can't win with just those 2? You need a 3rd superstar?? I wish they would have done something to stop teams from loading up on 2-3 top-tier players. Makes the league less competitive, the NBA needs to go back to how it was in the 90's where pretty much every team had their own star.

JordanXI45 wrote:
So sick of all this talk about Chris Paul going to NY. You already have Amare & Melo, you can't win with just those 2? You need a 3rd superstar?? I wish they would have done something to stop teams from loading up on 2-3 top-tier players. Makes the league less competitive, the NBA needs to go back to how it was in the 70's where pretty much every team had their own star.
Fix. It was a great time to be a basketball fan.
pimp.gif

Paul can't go to NY without taking a huge pay cut. Not unless the Knicks want to give half their roster or picks to the NO. 

id like in that league with you guys, i know you guys will be active and serious
pimp.gif
plus ill whoop on all of you

So sick of all this talk about Chris Paul going to NY
  People always want to dream. Sadly, thats all they do. Dream. Even more saddenning is that some never wake up from it.

Originally Posted by krazy88s

So sick of all this talk about Chris Paul going to NY
  People always want to dream. Sadly, thats all they do. Dream. Even more saddenning is that some never wake up from it.

Inception
nerd.gif
nerd.gif
nerd.gif
nerd.gif
nerd.gif

Originally Posted by Beware The Underdog

JordanXI45 wrote:
So sick of all this talk about Chris Paul going to NY. You already have Amare & Melo, you can't win with just those 2? You need a 3rd superstar?? I wish they would have done something to stop teams from loading up on 2-3 top-tier players. Makes the league less competitive, the NBA needs to go back to how it was in the 70's where pretty much every team had their own star.
Fix. It was a great time to be a basketball fan.
pimp.gif

Paul can't go to NY without taking a huge pay cut. Not unless the Knicks want to give half their roster or picks to the NO. 

Besides the fact that they've basically traded away majority of their picks you aren't allowed to use picks in a sign & trade in consecutive years.  So if he does go he's going to have to take a significant cut somewhere along the lines of 40 million.

At your season thread as i peek in/ Look in your casket/ Feeling sarcastic "Look him. Still sleepin"

Originally Posted by Zyzz

id like in that league with you guys, i know you guys will be active and serious
pimp.gif

im in & im going to do a league of my own also..... so if af1 1982's league is full drop me a pm with your email addy & ill send you an invite for my league (draft is set for the 1st @ 3:45 so send those email addys ASAP) (i might end up making a 2nd league after the FA/anmesty dust settles also B.O.L.O. for it)

Originally Posted by Ballinsam23

Originally Posted by nbafatso

Originally Posted by NobleKane

ayo where they do that?
The choice package.
Any way i can get around that blackout for local teams?

There might be. I remember a friend telling me about something like that. I'm sure there's a hack somewhere.

And all you guys drafting before FAs have even moved? wth.

I don't understand how its a forgone conclusion that B.Roy is automatically bounced out..Portland still won't have much/if any cap room to add anyone in his place..outside of Batum..that bench(as of right now) is nothing to highlight..factor in the chance that Wallace has injury risk(he goes down Batum in the starting 5,no bench)..you need all the help you can get..I think Portland should go into the year with Roy and see how he holds up as the 6th man..and if he can't do it under a full year..then get him out..you have to see how his knees are right now though.

Originally Posted by Mos Def 212

I don't understand how its a forgone conclusion that B.Roy is automatically bounced out..Portland still won't have much/if any cap room to add anyone in his place..outside of Batum..that bench(as of right now) is nothing to highlight..factor in the chance that Wallace has injury risk(he goes down Batum in the starting 5,no bench)..you need all the help you can get..I think Portland should go into the year with Roy and see how he holds up as the 6th man..and if he can't do it under a full year..then get him out..you have to see how his knees are right now though.

people assume too much

like i said pages ago, a large portion of the teams wont even use it. less than 10 teams will use it.

Originally Posted by Beware The Underdog

chillainvillain wrote:
As long as Dwight or CP3 goes to the Lakers, I'm fine.
pimp.gif
Its NEVER going to happen. Mr. 3 years for 90 million won't renegotiate his contract for the betterment of the team. Lets be real when has kobe ever taken one for the team?
laugh.gif

They can't give away Gasol because of his no trade clause.
No more over the cap spending for LA either. Buss won't want to spend the extra 100 millions tax. Its a business remember that.
wink.gif

Do you have a brain?  Serious question.  Do you?  Do you know how to read?  Do you know ANYTHING about the NBA? 

Cuz you sure do say some stupid @#$% reckless as all @#$% up in here. 

• The Knicks have $39.5 million committed just to Stoudemire and Anthony. (And before you ask, they cannot renegotiate their contracts downward.)

Can you read that out loud right quick?  You realize this has FOREVER been the case, but to re-emphasize it for you, this quote is on the last page, in this very thread.  Guess what smart guy, Tim Duncan can't re-do his deal.  Manu can't re-flop his contract either.  NOBODY can.  In the NFL you can, you might know that, you root for half the teams in the NFL, but in the NBA, you cannot. 

Now, what was it you was spewin again?  Some more of your usual jealous jilted hate. 

Next point......Gasol has a trade clause?  He does?  Wow, how did I not know this......I feel so stupid for not knowing that Pau Gasol has a no trade clause.  Gee, how did I miss that? 

30t6p3b.gif

"out the woodwork" what is there to talk about during a lockout? potential matchups/trades? 
laugh.gif

Naw, I wasn't talkin about the lockout offseason thread, I never even went in that joint, I mean in terms of the past few years, it's the same group every year, suddenly this year has expanded quite a bit early on.  I don't expect it to last. 
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by Mos Def 212

people assume too much

like i said pages ago, a large portion of the teams wont even use it. less than 10 teams will use it.
According to some "sources", a NBA executive said that Roy is done with Portland. Again, I don't know how true this is. 

Originally Posted by ColdCity

pimp.gif

im in & im going to do a league of my own also..... so if af1 1982's league is full drop me a pm with your email addy & ill send you an invite for my league (draft is set for the 1st @ 3:45 so send those email addys ASAP) (i might end up making a 2nd league after the FA/anmesty dust settles also B.O.L.O. for it)

hey Zyzz(& whoever else wants in) pm me your email address so i can shoot you an invite
EDIT--- 5 SPOTS LEFT

CP1708 wrote:
"out the woodwork" what is there to talk about during a lockout? potential matchups/trades? 
laugh.gif

Naw, I wasn't talkin about the lockout offseason thread, I never even went in that joint, I mean in terms of the past few years, it's the same group every year, suddenly this year has expanded quite a bit early on.  I don't expect it to last. 
laugh.gif

It probably won't. 
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by CP1708

I can't figure out yet if the trade/free agent period is going to be a frenzy, or dead air.  Teams are still tryin to figure out all the rules, levels, etc, we may not see any real big action for another year or so.  The Dwight/CP3 stuff may drag on for another year still, I don't think we see immediate movement with those 2. 
It will be a frenzy. A ton of teams have very small rosters right now. Most big players are locked up, but a ton of role players don't have a place to play right now. A lot of teams are sitting at like 8 players, like the Celtics/Mavericks.

Plus they'll have to jump into training camp ASAP. It's going to be hectic. I'd expect majority of deals to be done first 3-4 days.

Originally Posted by JapanAir21

Originally Posted by CP1708

I can't figure out yet if the trade/free agent period is going to be a frenzy, or dead air.  Teams are still tryin to figure out all the rules, levels, etc, we may not see any real big action for another year or so.  The Dwight/CP3 stuff may drag on for another year still, I don't think we see immediate movement with those 2. 
It will be a frenzy. A ton of teams have very small rosters right now. Most big players are locked up, but a ton of role players don't have a place to play right now. A lot of teams are sitting at like 8 players, like the Celtics/Mavericks.

Plus they'll have to jump into training camp ASAP. It's going to be hectic. I'd expect majority of deals to be done first 3-4 days.

Yeah, I'd be surprised if there aren't some discussions going on already.  I think 12/9 is going to kick off a pretty crazy few days. 

The Celtics and Hornets will be holding three on threes during their first day of training camp. 
laugh.gif

The kings have like 7 or 8 players under contract if anyone cares...

Back
Top Bottom