☆☆ 2012 NBA Finals ☆☆ The King has been crowned; Heat win 2012 NBA Finals! Bron Finals MVP.

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

Do my Nuggz even have a team?  Need to rename the team to the China Nuggets.

Originally Posted by rck2sactown

Originally Posted by StroShow4

JapanAir21 wrote:

Three GREAT Centers (given the generation) up for FA right now, and another decent one in Dalembert. 

Dalembert sucks.  Ask any Sixer fan about him.  Dumblembert makes at least 2 bad decisions for every shot he blocks.
I literally yell at my TV everytime I see Dalembert take a jump shot
laugh.gif
which is like 5 times a game
roll.gif

In Philly, was he in love with the jumper that much?

angielainasam.jpg

laugh.gif
he's too funny

anyone remember that video of nelson throwing an Oop to D howard over Dalembert? crazy dunk

Afflalo, Lawson, and Nene.
pimp.gif

Afflalo became one of my favorite NBA players last year. So efficient, even if he did make the JET.gif.
30t6p3b.gif

Rudy Fernandez stays acting like a whiney euro-!%$%%.

Originally Posted by Cyber Smoke

Can Dallas afford Deron next season ?
They have 41 million on the books next year.

You have to believe they'll sign at least 3-4 guys this year. I highly doubt many of those guys will be one year deals. Then we still have to extend JET, and see what Kidd wants to do.

So unless we completely bank on getting Deron next year, probably not.

If we sign Tyson/Caron/Barea, it's pretty much a given no.

MAYBE if we signed Caron to a one-year deal, didn't retain Barea, got a 1-year back-up point, and signed Tyson only long term. That's a big maybe though.

Deron
Beaubois
Marion
Dirk
Tyson

That'd be extremely hard to pull off, and a lot of it depends on the salary cap and what we do this off-season.

It's a pipe dream.

That said, I don't want Deron if Tyson ain't there. No point.

Sammy D is trash. I'm glad he got rid of him. He had one solid year and our idiot management gave him a big fat contract. Needless to say, he didn't live up to his expectations and potential.

I'm sure Denver will re-sign Afflalo and possibly Nene. Will they use their clause on Harrington? JR Smith is gone. No Chandler right now either with him being locked up in China.
Lawson

Afflalo

Gallinari

?

Nene

Mozgov

Miller

Andersen

Koufous

Am I missing something here? I think they would keep Al being that Chandler will still be overseas. 

I'd think they'd want to get rid of Al Harrington, get some more space, and get some guys this off-season. Get David West in there?
nerd.gif

Originally Posted by JapanAir21

Three GREAT Centers (given the generation) up for FA right now, and another decent one in Dalembert. 

Dalembert sucks.  Ask any Sixer fan about him.  Dumblembert makes at least 2 bad decisions for every shot he blocks.
laugh.gif
roll.gif

Ohhhh my god. You don't even understand. I was hype about getting Spencer Hawes for him. That's how I feel about Dalembert. He thinks he's Hakeem in his head I swear. Every time he'd play any good big man (especially Dwight and Garnett) he'd go at them ALL game trying to take over. Dribble the ball between his legs then shoot a fadeaway turn around jumper behind his head with a man right in his face. But dammit....after a year of Spencer Hawes.....give me Sam Dalembert all %*%+%!% day. Jesus christ Spencer Hawes shouldn't even be in the D-League. I bet BJ Mullens would slay Hawes +*@. Kwame would give him work. Kosta Koufas would make him his +@%*#. Get that guy out of a Sixers uniform as soon as December 9th comes.

So which western conference teams take the L and don't host the Heat this season?
nerd.gif

I think it's always a good idea to get rid of Al Harrington no matter the circumstances.

Originally Posted by Buc Em

laugh.gif
roll.gif

Ohhhh my god. You don't even understand. I was hype about getting Spencer Hawes for him. That's how I feel about Dalembert. He thinks he's Hakeem in his head I swear. Every time he'd play any good big man (especially Dwight and Garnett) he'd go at them ALL game trying to take over. Dribble the ball between his legs then shoot a fadeaway turn around jumper behind his head with a man right in his face. But dammit....after a year of Spencer Hawes.....give me Sam Dalembert all %*%+%!% day. Jesus christ Spencer Hawes shouldn't even be in the D-League. I bet BJ Mullens would slay Hawes +*@. Kwame would give him work. Kosta Koufas would make him his +@%*#. Get that guy out of a Sixers uniform as soon as December 9th comes.
THIS.
laugh.gif

Hawes is the epitome of a big white stiff

if Sammy D is in a Heat uniform you won't be seeing those 5 fadeaway-overthehead shots all season. He'll be strictly defense and putting the ball in near the hoop.

I hope.

Originally Posted by heirjordan15

if Sammy D is in a Heat uniform you won't be seeing those 5 fadeaway-overthehead shots all season. He'll be strictly defense and putting the ball in near the hoop.

I hope.

Prepare to be disappointed. 
laugh.gif

Seriously, even playing with Wade/LBJ/Bosh... I still don't think he'll get it.  The guy is a complete bonehead.

Chris_Broussard Chris Broussard 
Chris Paul's first choice is to play for the Knicks, sources say. He's willing to wait & sign w/NYK as free agent next summer.

CP3 would also consider signing extension w/LA Clippers. But Clips' 1st choice is Dwight Howard, sources say....

Clippers will do whatever it takes - outside of trading Blake Griffin - to get Dwight, sources say.

Originally Posted by denni5themenace

Chris Paul's first choice is to play for the Knicks, sources say. He's willing to wait & sign w/NYK as free agent next summer.

CP3 would also consider signing extension w/LA Clippers. But Clips' 1st choice is Dwight Howard, sources say....

Clippers will do whatever it takes - outside of trading Blake Griffin - to get Dwight, sources say.

I always can never tell when Broussard is an idiot or providing legit information.

Option 1: CP3, Melo, Amare- I like it, but they'd obviously need more pieces than that because it didn't work out for Miami.
Option 2: CP3, Griffin, EG- That team is a little more complete, and I actually like that a lot better than NYK. Get a good wing and they're set. Imagine CP3, EG, Caron or Prince, Griffin, DeAndre? Imagine CP3 working with those two young dudes? FILTH.
Option 3: Dwight, Griffin, EG- Don't like it as much, and who knows if they'd have to give up EG.

It'd suck to have a powerhouse like that in the West, but damn, imagining Paul throwing oops to Griffin and Jordan all day makes me giddy.

I just don't see the Clippers doing any of that. 
We all know CP3 wants to play with Melo and Amare. There is maybe a 2% chance he ends up as a Clipper.
laugh.gif
The same thing with Dwight. He will end up in New Jersey before LAC.

Originally Posted by JapanAir21

Originally Posted by denni5themenace

I always can never tell when Broussard is an idiot or providing legit information.

Option 1: CP3, Melo, Amare- I like it, but they'd obviously need more pieces than that because it didn't work out for Miami.
Option 2: CP3, Griffin, EG- That team is a little more complete, and I actually like that a lot better than NYK. Get a good wing and they're set. Imagine CP3, EG, Caron or Prince, Griffin, DeAndre? Imagine CP3 wrking with those two young dudes? FILTH.
Option 3: Dwight, Griffin, EG- Don't like it as much, and who knows if they'd have to give up EG.

It'd suck to have a powerhouse like that in the West, but damn, imagining Paul throwing oops to Griffin and Jordan all day makes me giddy.

You do realize Miami almost won in their first and only year together right?

It worked.

Originally Posted by bhzmafia14

I just don't see the Clippers doing any of that. 
We all know CP3 wants to play with Melo and Amare. There is maybe a 2% chance he ends up as a Clipper.
laugh.gif
The same thing with Dwight. He will end up in New Jersey before LAC.
I don't know man, I know the glitz and the glam is in NY, but if I'm looking at rosters, LAC has something more suitable for Paul. It's a question of whether you want EG+DeAndre for Melo as your core, because to an extent, Griffin and Amare can be thought of as a wash. Neither are excellent defenders, both are high-offense guys, both are good rebounders, both are top athletes. There's more to do with DeAndre and Blake if you ask me.

I'm probably am just too crazy thinking about all the possibilities with DeAndre and Blake.
laugh.gif

You do realize Miami almost won in their first and only year together right?

Yeah, they have arguably the two BEST PLAYERS in the ENTIRE WORLD.
laugh.gif

And they still lost.

I'm sorry, but you have the two best players in the world on your team, with a decent squad around them that had very little injuries, I ain't backing you up. Can't do it. There are no excuses, they lost when "they should have won."

You can't compare what these two cats have the opportunity to do. It can't be replicated. It's saying that Magic and Jordan were both in their primes at the same time, playing on the same team. It's like that. Plus a legit top-position player to compliment them?

Between CP3 and Carmelo, you might get a Top-5 player in there for a given season, MAYBE. With Miami, you will have these two guys, two of the best players in the world, on the same team, for at least the next half-dozen years.

CP3 and Carmelo is Isiah Thomas and Clyde Drexler. Not in terms of their similarities, but in terms of the dilution of talent.

And for the record, I'm very high on Carmelo, I've always thought he's had the potential to be a Top-three talent in the NBA. I think that highly of him.

I'm all for CP3 joining up with Melo and Amare, but the journey doesn't end there. It gives you an opportunity, but not a guarantee. You know that, we all know that. We're starting to see two types of teams...

Lakers, Mavericks, Spurs, Early 2000s Pistons
Heat, Celtics, Knicks.

Now, the jury is still out on how Miami and New York will fare, and Boston is a bit different as they did all of their stuff through trades (technically, Melo did too, but you get my point). It's going to be a battle between individuals functioning as a team, and a team functioning as individuals. You got Kobe's team, Dirk's team, Duncan's team, and the strange case of the Pistons. Then you got these guys who don't really have a clear leader. It's Bron and Wade, it's Amare and Melo, it's The Big Three.

Maybe I'm just too cut and dry. Maybe I think there's a clear division of what teams are wanting to do. But with a lot of these teams, I see a lot of egos. It's what separates Wade, LeBron, Dwight, Paul, Amare, and Melo from Dirk, Rose and Durant.

Back
Top Bottom