☆☆ 2012 NBA Finals ☆☆ The King has been crowned; Heat win 2012 NBA Finals! Bron Finals MVP.

What PMatic said..Baron was averaging close to 7 assists per game last year..His scoring production is definitely not what it once was but he still can get the ball to the right players..As opposed to having a combo guard or a rookie running the offense into the ground

Originally Posted by JapanAir21

Really though, if you had a choice, wouldn't you go ahead and get Gilbert if you could? A or B?

He's shown he can get you 8-10 assists on a given night, and I doubt his jumper is that bad at this point of his career.
I question if you actually watched Arenas last season. An umotivated, out of shape Davis had better efficiency numbers & more assists and points than Arenas. the guy shot 34% from the field. He looked beyond terrible last season. Shot selection was an issue for him even when he was in his prime & now that he lost his athleticism, he's just awful.

If it's between him & Baron, you go with the guy who looked better last season. And that was clearly Davis.

I don't know man, maybe I just like Arenas more and ain't as fond of Baron. I just think that the ceiling is higher for Arenas than it is for Baron in terms of being on the Knicks. This back issue with Baron I just don't see being resolved enough for him to play at a high level.

Originally Posted by Peep Game

The Western conference is ridiculous. No team can afford to slip up.You could go from 5th to like 12th in a week's span.
I saw that Houston is now 12-8, and I'm like "damn, McHale's doing alright." Then I look at the WC standings, and four teams are at 12-8, with a few others right there, who haven't played as many games yet.

Gilbert Arenas is done. There were reports that he looked AWFUL at Attack this summer and that even his shot isnt what it used to be. There's a reason he's not on a team right now.

Did Gilbert get a fair shot last year? Cause I dont think he did. And in Washington the year prior and before the gun fiasco he was scoring a dub on 40% shooting being the man. His being in terrible shape robbed him of the first step just as much if not more than the surgeries.
If you contain his selection he can still create shots and the Lakers need a shot creator.

Originally Posted by DIOR PAINT

Gilbert Arenas is done. There were reports that he looked AWFUL at Attack this summer and that even his shot isnt what he used to be. There's a reason he's not on a team right now.

Your really gone cite reports from a private gym though?  Really?

Originally Posted by gangsta207therevolution

Originally Posted by DIOR PAINT

Gilbert Arenas is done. There were reports that he looked AWFUL at Attack this summer and that even his shot isnt what he used to be. There's a reason he's not on a team right now.

Your really gone cite reports from a private gym though?  Really?

You really think Kobe is or can play for Italy?Really?

I think Gil really messed up by just waiting. Son should've done like Deron and got that overseas contract that can be terminated whenever he felt like it/when the season started. He could've been cooking with them Euros, got in shape, showed off a bit, and show his worth.

Originally Posted by dmbrhs

The Western conference is ridiculous. No team can afford to slip up.You could go from 5th to like 12th in a week's span.
I saw that Houston is now 12-8, and I'm like "damn, McHale's doing alright." Then I look at the WC standings, and four teams are at 12-8, with a few others right there, who haven't played as many games yet.
Yea, Clippers I think have played the least games. With the way the schedule is, teams are gonna want to rest players, but they might risk falling
behind or losing games at the wrong time just to do that. Teams 4 through 10 are all barely ahead/behind each other. You can throw the Wolves

in there too. I guess we'll see where folks are come game 35 or so, see if there's some separation. 

Originally Posted by JapanAir21

^ Okay, how about someone else answer the question.
laugh.gif

It seems like fans are putting a lot of faith in Baron Davis.

If you're going to put a lot of faith in Baron Davis, I don't see why would you wouldn't put faith in Gilbert Arenas.

I normally agree with almost everything you post in this thread, or at least acknowledge it because you seem knowledgable and know basketball but i'm going to have to completely disagree with you on this one. Gilbert looked completely awful last season. Fat, out of shape, on one leg, didn't touch the paint, so he just chucked away. And he wasn't close to making anything. While Baron in Cleveland was surprisingly good. Shot it decent/good, played with some motivation and actually lead that team to some good games. Gilbert looked FAR MORE like a corpse than Baron.  

[h1]Source: Sixers inquire about Stoudemire[/h1] January 29, 2012, 1:00 am

http://www.csnphilly.com/blog/sixer...-about-Stoudemire?blockID=640460#cmnta_640460

[table][tr][td]
[table][tr][td]
[table][tr][td]
buttonLeftImgUp.gif
[/td][td][/td]/cdn.gigya.com/gs/i/reactions/default/buttonCenterImgUp.gif");">http://cdn.gigya.com/gs/i...nCenterImgUp.gif");">
Recommend_Icon_Up.png
[/tr][/table]
[/td][td][/td]/cdn.gigya.com/gs/i/reactions/default/buttonCenterImgUp.gif");">http://cdn.gigya.com/gs/i...nCenterImgUp.gif");">
Recommend
[/tr][/table]
[/td][td]
buttonRightImgUp.gif
[/td][/tr][/table]

[table][tr][td]
[table][tr][td]
[table][tr][td]
[/td][td]
FB_up.png
[/td][td]
[/td][/tr][/table]
[/td][td]
[/td][/tr][/table]
[/td][td]
[table][tr][td]
[table][tr][td]
buttonLeftImgUp.png
[/td][td][/td]/cdn.gigya.com/gs/i/shareBar/button/buttonCenterImgUp.png">http://cdn.gigya.com/gs/i...on/buttonCenterImgUp.png')">
twitter.png
[/tr][/table]
[/td][td][/td]/cdn.gigya.com/gs/i/shareBar/button/buttonCenterImgUp.png">http://cdn.gigya.com/gs/i...on/buttonCenterImgUp.png')">
Twitter
[/tr][/table]
[/td][td]
buttonRightImgUp.png
[/td][/tr][/table]

[table][tr][td]
[table][tr][td]
buttonLeftImgUp.png
email.png
[/tr][/table]
Email
[td]
buttonRightImgUp.png
[/td][/tr][/table]

655578.jpg

Amare Stoudemire has averaged 21.8 points per game in his career. (US Presswire)
finger_complete.png

Last year at this stage of the season, Amare Stoudemire was the toast of New York. Every time he stepped to the foul line during games at Madison Square Garden, Stoudemire was serenaded with, “M-V-P!â€

Eh, I'd need something like Thad, Lou, Jrue, and AI for STAT. Anything less or drastically different would be a step back for the Knicks. Plus they'd have to take Walker, Douglas, Fields, Balkman, and Bibby.

Originally Posted by ATGD7154xBBxMZ

Eh, I'd need something like Thad, Lou, Jrue, and AI for STAT. Anything less or drastically different would be a step back for the Knicks. Plus they'd have to take Walker, Douglas, Fields, Balkman, and Bibby.

All that for Amare? Philly would almost end up like the Knicks when they traded all of their players for Melo. I didn't mean for that to be a joke BTW. 

I've always liked Gil and have never been fond of Baron Davis, that's just me though. I've never really believed in him outside of New Orleans and Golden State. Gil was terrible last year, yeah, but so was Vince Carter, and he's having a pretty decent year in Dallas.

So you want every valuable player from the Sixers for AMARE? What world do you live in? They aren't trading for LeBron James, they're trading for Amare.

No way I give up every piece I got for Stoudemire, not in this world.

roll.gif
@ the thought of a starting five of Evan Turner, Amare, Jodie Meeks, Tony Battie, and Nocioni. You're high on that offer dude.

Amare isn't even playing as dominantly as he should this year, most I give up for him is Iggy, Nocioni and a 1st rounder for Stat MAYBE substitute Noicioni for Lou if you're desperate for Amare but he hasn't shown that he's worth all that yet.

Originally Posted by ATGD7154xBBxMZ

Dawg you are $*+*+%+ stupid.
You guys can have Iggy and Brand and call it a day, and that's even pushing it for how Amare has played this year.....but I'd do it to get both those contracts off the books. Your team would be better with that trade anyway. With that trade package we could get Dwight Howard......what the hell is in the water that you Knicks fans drink? That sewage water up there in the tri-state area is $*+*+%+ with you dudes thoughts.

Originally Posted by dmbrhs

Yea, Clippers I think have played the least games. With the way the schedule is, teams are gonna want to rest players, but they might risk falling
behind or losing games at the wrong time just to do that. Teams 4 through 10 are all barely ahead/behind each other. You can throw the Wolves

in there too. I guess we'll see where folks are come game 35 or so, see if there's some separation. 
I feel like the Clippers are due for a comeuppance soon. Not only have they just played 16 games (every other team has played at least 18, and many 20 or more), but they've only had 4 games outside Staples Center. I took a quick glance at their schedule, and the next month is just brutal for them. They're hardly ever at home.

Back
Top Bottom