☆☆ 2012 NBA Finals ☆☆ The King has been crowned; Heat win 2012 NBA Finals! Bron Finals MVP.

Originally Posted by mjshoefanatic

Don't worry about what Clips are due for just focus on whatever your team is doing right now
laugh.gif

2313579a4883cb616843765.gif

Originally Posted by Scientific Method

Originally Posted by PMatic

But the knee issues that robbed Arenas of his first step should be fine.

as should the oft reoccuring weight and focus issues that have become a staple of Baron Davis's career

not sure if serious

Very, although it was said sarcastically as was the post it was in reply to. He hasn't played since April 11. He is going to be fat. He is going to go in and out of focus. He is going to take bad shots himself. Looking at the past of his career, there's no reason to assume otherwise. Carmelo is still going to ballstop. Amare and Carmelo will continue to by pylons on defense. Nothing will change. I'd put money on it if I could.

All valid points but I would still have more faith in Davis than Arenas (I know that doesn't mean much but that's the debate right?
laugh.gif
).

All I know is even fat, extremely out of shape and unfocused Baron Davis is lightyears better than anything the Knicks currently have. Your point guard has to command the respect of your team or else your team just doesn't work. It's the quarterback of your team. Derek Fisher might be the least talented point guard in the league, but his teammates respect him. Nobody on that Knicks team respects Toney Douglas, and it shows. Players respect Baron and the Knicks will be a better team the minute he steps on the floor.

Originally Posted by Buc Em

All I know is even fat, extremely out of shape and unfocused Baron Davis is lightyears better than anything the Knicks currently have. Your point guard has to command the respect of your team or else your team just doesn't work.

how is he supposed to command respect if he's fat, unfocused and extremely out of shape?

this is the same guy that could barely get up to play with Blake Griffin and Eric Gordon

Pretty sure the Knicks would take his 13 and 7 from last year with the Clippers on a crummy young team with no veterans or playoff aspirations. Rookie Blake Griffin and Eric Gordon weren't as respected as the names Amare and Carmelo a year ago. His small forwards were Al-Farouq Aminu and Ryan Gomes......and DeAndre Jordan barely got any PT until the end of the season when Baron was already traded. He looks as into the games from the bench as I've ever seen him in his whole career.

Originally Posted by Buc Em

Pretty sure the Knicks would take his 13 and 7 from last year with the Clippers on a crummy young team with no veterans or playoff aspirations. Rookie Blake Griffin and Eric Gordon weren't as respected as the names Amare and Carmelo a year ago.
so now he should be motivated to play with a non motivated amare and a trigger happy carmelo?

baron is one of the biggest wastes of talent in the past decade

Originally Posted by JapanAir21

Eh, I'd need something like Thad, Lou, Jrue, and AI for STAT. Anything less or drastically different would be a step back for the Knicks. Plus they'd have to take Walker, Douglas, Fields, Balkman, and Bibby.
So you want every valuable player from the Sixers for AMARE? What world do you live in? They aren't trading for LeBron James, they're trading for Amare.

No way I give up every piece I got for Stoudemire, not in this world.

roll.gif
@ the thought of a starting five of Evan Turner, Amare, Jodie Meeks, Tony Battie, and Nocioni. You're high on that offer dude.
Originally Posted by bhzmafia14

Originally Posted by ATGD7154xBBxMZ

Eh, I'd need something like Thad, Lou, Jrue, and AI for STAT. Anything less or drastically different would be a step back for the Knicks. Plus they'd have to take Walker, Douglas, Fields, Balkman, and Bibby.
All that for Amare? Philly would almost end up like the Knicks when they traded all of their players for Melo. I didn't mean for that to be a joke BTW.
Well yeah, I don't understand why Philly would be interested in Amar'e and quite frankly if I'm the Knicks and I'm trading him I want to get better not worse. Philly don't have to take the deal though. Just know that we'd be trying to get greater value.
Originally Posted by Scientific Method

Originally Posted by PMatic

But the knee issues that robbed Arenas of his first step should be fine.
as should the oft reoccuring weight and focus issues that have become a staple of Baron Davis's career
This post makes no sense when PMatic was already responding to JA mentioning BD's injury and weight issues. Why you going in circles over this? You didn't even a state a new point. Just repeated something.

Why do people consistently bring up his weight issue when every media outlet is reporting that he has lost a significant amount of weight from last season? Dudes in this thread had faith that Eddy Curry's weight loss would give him a chance to make an impact for the Heat but Baron Davis who was averaging 7 assists just last year has no shot at staying in shape and playing well? Ok guys

They consistently bring it up because they have consistently not been keeping up with Baron's progress. They're just going off the last time they saw him. Funny cuz they're still ignoring that an overweight Baron Davis still produced good #s in LA and Cle. You'd think the extra weight would hamper Baron so much that he'd be ineffective (yet we know this not to be true).

If it's about defense and him being slower because of weight we can always hide Baron in the team defense and have Shump guard the pgs.

I mean look at Raymon Felton running up and down the court for POR. He could lose some weight but his conditioning is good enough that it's not a problem.

Rasheed Wallace was out of shape the majority of his career and he was still a great player in the league most of his career.

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
That has to be the dumbest thing i ever heard. All that for a aging STAT. That is our main core of the team and you want all that for STAT. Any trade involving stat your team will be better, i mean how worse can it get?
laugh.gif

Rasheed Wallace was out of shape the majority of his career and he was still a great player in the league most of his career.

That's different.
laugh.gif

Some guys can be good and not be in shape. Baron? Eh, I doubt it.

Originally Posted by JapanAir21

That's different.
laugh.gif

Some guys can be good and not be in shape. Baron? Eh, I doubt it.
Baron is always in and out of shape. but dudes skills have never fell off.  Also he's a good dude and is passes well when he has talent around him.  Baron will help.  Not sure why dudes in here are trying so hard to bash this dude. 

Originally Posted by j d0t win

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
That has to be the dumbest thing i ever heard. All that for a aging STAT. That is our main core of the team and you want all that for STAT. Any trade involving stat your team will be better, i mean how worse can it get?
laugh.gif

I seriously don't know if he was joking or not, he had to have been. One of the best up and coming point guards in the league, an Olympian who's maybe the best perimeter defender in the entire league, and two 6th Man of the Year candidates, one of which is our leading scorer. 
Take a look at my avy for Jrue's opinion on your proposal.

Originally Posted by Zyzz

Arenas will prove you haters wrong, just watch.
I'm not even hating since I'd be fine with the Knicks signing him. I just don't agree with this idea that Arenas over Baron is a given, especially after how both faired last season. Gil had an awful season last year and not just that he just didn't look right out there.
Originally Posted by j d0t win

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
This is false. Besides I threw in Fields with the deal
laugh.gif

All I'm saying is if we're trading STAT I don't want Philly's slightly above average players. Any trade isn't making us better. I still don't understand why Philly of all teams out there is interested anyway.

Rose gets no respect from the refs. Wade ran right into him no call. Rose trying to go out of bron way and they call charge

I wish the NBA would get rid of the charge.

Originally Posted by DubA169

Rose gets no respect from the refs. Wade ran right into him no call. Rose trying to go out of bron way and they call charge

I wish the NBA would get rid of the charge.

To get rid of the charge would be ridiculous. What would stop people like Lebron and D12 from just lowering their shoulders and ramming into people?Refs just need to call it correctly.

I wouldnt get rid of the charge call, but the one they called on Derrick was BS. Not having Loul is going to kill us today

Back
Top Bottom