☆☆ 2012 NBA Finals ☆☆ The King has been crowned; Heat win 2012 NBA Finals! Bron Finals MVP.

Unless its just a priority for the Magic to get under the cap, I dont see how Okafor being in a Bynum, Hedu, Howard trade is rotten apples for Orlando.
You got to figure they want another big, and when he is healthy Okafor is prob a better solution at the money than Nene, or Chandler.
From the Magic prospective, yea I get being able to shed 40 million in 2 manouvers is great, but taking Jersey's picks and Lopez does nothing for them.

Imo the Lakers still have the best shot at Howard even with the trade for Paul being changed to include them taking back Okafor.
IMO I think Orlando takes back Okafor, Bynum and try and find a creator at SG. Jameer Nelson is servicable, Nick Young, Wilson Chandler, Or heck make Anderson a starter. That team is prob in the same position as with Howard, and in 3 years is in position to have no one on the books.

I dont think that Orlando, with the teams that are being talked about really values picks. Its more of a trade now situation, and Bynum and Okafor is better than the Nets offer.  

As for the sign and trade they have going on with Boston. Thats a slight improvement for Boston, and its a cap move for NO. 2012 isnt a great year for Mid to Small market teams, but reducing cap hits will come into play even more next year in prep for year 3 of this CBA. They will have to cut more salary after the Paul trade and Odom is a guy who could end up gone. Odom, and the Hornets pick for Minnesotas pick and a body isnt a bad deal.

Originally Posted by PMatic

Asking Tyson Chandler to cover for Amare, Melo and Bibby on defense is asking way too much.
Hey man there's only one ball on the court.

laugh.gif
30t6p3b.gif

Even if they are trying to shave cap space (Magic).. They can get rid of Bynum after this year because they have a team option after this year...

If the Magic intend on trading D12.. Lakers were always the first choice, and still are... And are Howard's first choice if they can land CP3... He wants to play with a point guard that's why he said Derron and the Nets when it looked like there was no shot at CP3 in LA...  And also why he didn't say the Knicks

There is no team looking to trade that can offer what the Lakers can...

so........................ jo for david west is in the best interest of the hornets and basketball huh?

disgusting.

That's the way I've been looking at it. We get Okafor and trade him with bynum some picks and get Howard and Turk. Lopez isn't that great to me.

Originally Posted by NobleKane

so........................ jo for david west is in the best interest of the hornets and basketball huh?

disgusting.
Would you like sea salt or seasoned?

Originally Posted by Essential1

Even if they are trying to shave cap space (Magic).. They can get rid of Bynum after this year because they have a team option after this year...

If the Magic intend on trading D12.. Lakers were always the first choice, and still are... And are Howard's first choice if they can land CP3...

There is no team looking to trade that can offer what the Lakers can...
If healthy Bynum is getting that team option exercised.
That Orlando big rotation would look like this with Okafor..
C Bynum, Orton
PF Okafor, Davis and Anderson Okafor can play C at least in spurts.
at SF they need to make a splash imo, or they could save money. Wilson Chandler in March isnt a bad signing at all.
 So Chandler, mixed with some Anderson at the 3 and maybe some times going small with  Richardson at the 2 and Redick at the 2
SG? I always thought that Jason Richardson would end up signing there, and the market is making it look that way.
Okafor and Bynum when healthy protects those guards imo.
They are going to still be over the cap, but they could move some contracts around for Chandler in an sign and trade.

Originally Posted by finnns2003

disgusting.
His blood-pressure is already high bro.

That damn Birdman handrub .gif 
roll.gif

CP3 - Not fair is 
roll.gif
 too

I guess the Knicks think Chandler is Dwight Howard. If he's able to transform that team into a top 10 defensive team, I'll be a little surprised.

Originally Posted by bhzmafia14

That damn Birdman handrub .gif 
roll.gif

CP3 - Not fair is 
roll.gif
 too

I guess the Knicks think Chandler is Dwight Howard. If he's able to transform that team into a top 10 defensive team, I'll be a little surprised.

With D'Antoni as the coach.. It will never happen..

Originally Posted by laker4lifeman

That's the way I've been looking at it. We get Okafor and trade him with bynum some picks and get Howard and Turk. Lopez isn't that great to me.
lopez would price himself out of Orlando imo.
So the Magic would end up with at best if those picks are the Nets picks 20-30 in the first round. 
I would rather pay Okafor, personally. Either way you look at it contending is at least 5 years in the future, but 2014 you could have had 2 straight lotto picks, or Bynum is a healthy beast in his prime or both. With cap space.
I say Orlando would be a playoff team with the Okafor deal, and while I think its true, it wouldnt last because they have little in somewhat proven young talent. its prob this year and next as far as playoffs with minimal roster turnover.
Orton and Anderson are the 2 youngest guys on the team, and neither is to write home about.
Orlando can get away with playing for cap space because they are a FA destination, but losing Howard makes it toxic for a little while imo.
If Bynum is good, and Orlando can keep the books clean for 2014, John Wall would have to consider Orlando imo.

David West for Jermaine O'Neal..

Smart basketball move by New Orleans..

N.O definitely got the better of that trade..

Also in David Stern eyes the Celtics ain't stacking up their team..

Hopefully Mike Woodson as our defensive coach will help too.

Originally Posted by finnns2003

disgusting.

you guys still gonna get ran over by the heat, knicks, and bulls so it dont matter 
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by Ballinsam23

I'm not a Knicks fan but I hope he does.. Because D'Antoni wastes so much talent by just saying first to 110 points wins...

Originally Posted by Ballinsam23

I'm not a Knicks fan but I hope he does.. Because D'Antoni wastes so much talent by just saying first to 110 points wins...

You need a scheme where Melo and Amar'e dont expend a lot of energy defending. Half there problem, is that they never expend the energy cause they know they have to close, and score. 

Woj says most of the working are between Hornets and Lakers in revised deal....

I'm sure it's Emeka to Lakers... For a 1st & 2nd rounder is the changes..   Wouldn't be surprised if Ebanks or Caracter is thrown in

Originally Posted by 2g00d4u

Anyone mind posting a list of twitters I can follow? Im already following Woj.

@StephenASmith
@Chris_Broussard
@Daldaridgetnt

There's also 1-2 main guys for each team that you should follow.. I just don't know who

Getting Emeka back actually makes the Lakers better tho. I don't get it. 
That's a good *%% defensive team with CP3, Kobe, Artest, Okafor, Bynum. (if no other moves are made).

Originally Posted by PMatic

Asking Tyson Chandler to cover for Amare, Melo and Bibby on defense is asking way too much.
Not only that, but Dallas had one of the best defensive coaches in the L to lean on. I'm not saying Tyson wasn't pivotal, he WAS the anchor, but he alone couldn't have done it. You had other great individual defenders like Marion, Stevenson, and Kidd for stretches.

That and he's playing for D'Antoni? A guy who's entire career has never taught a player how to play D?

It's asking a whole lot.

Not to mention, the only times Tyson Chandler has been truly successful, he's had a great-passing PG to lead the helm, making his job a lot easier on offense. Paul and Kidd made him a lot of money. Without those two PGs, how has he done? Not very well.

Am I saying he'll flop? No, but I think under these types of circumstances, there's a likelihood he won't live up to that contract, and I'd say a high likelihood.

Back
Top Bottom