*★*Official Chicago Bears 2009-2010 Thread(4-4)*★* week 10 @49ers

didnt see one looked for one and all if one is out there link me and lock this up.

we have the "easiest" schedule in the NFL for the 2009 season % wise anyways(.414)

lets hope we dont give away a few of those easy one in the last min of the game(
smh.gif
)

ok now for off season pick ups those i think the bears need to try to go after

QB -

byron leftwich - he went to the steelers for a ring he got that ring and now i feel that he may want to prove that he is a starter in this league why not withus?

donovan mcnabb - not likely to happen now
grin.gif
but hey a _ can dreamright
laugh.gif

WR -like really if we dont get a big wr i think i my have to go treat somebody life

T.J. housasgmfahahg - dont know how likely it is we get him since theres gone be others in tryin

Anquan boldin - he may get hit with the tags but if not
nerd.gif

OT -

john St. clair - they need to resign him asap dont even let him test the water

max starks - on the low low
nerd.gif

DT -

albert haynesworth -he say he aint giving out no home town discounts
laugh.gif
and he would close that middle up nicely(IMO)

CB -

nnamdi asomugha - let Al *$#+ around and not put the tags on him
nerd.gif

those are the main names out there we need to try and get atleast 1 or 2 of them and then work the draft

yess much needed

my advice, go for one of the big time but disgruntled WRs. Id love to have Boldin on this team or even like Braylon Edwards. We need to get a #1 WR threat.

We good with Forte, a few new defenders would help and some Olinemen. And draft a QB within the top 3 picks to compete with Kyle.

Thats all for now.

Originally Posted by THE GR8

yess much needed

my advice, go for one of the big time but disgruntled WRs. Id love to have Boldin on this team or even like Braylon Edwards. We need to get a #1 WR threat.

We good with Forte, a few new defenders would help and some Olinemen. And draft a QB within the top 3 picks to compete with Kyle.

Thats all for now.
Agreed.

"Chicago is where WRs go to die..."

-Mushin Muhammad

Originally Posted by CasperJr

didnt see one looked for one and all if one is out there link me and lock this up.

we have the "easiest" schedule in the NFL for the 2009 season % wise anyways(.414)

lets hope we dont give away a few of those easy one in the last min of the game(
smh.gif
)

ok now for off season pick ups those i think the bears need to try to go after

QB -

byron leftwich - he went to the steelers for a ring he got that ring and now i feel that he may want to prove that he is a starter in this league why not with us?

donovan mcnabb - not likely to happen now
grin.gif
but hey a _ can dream right
laugh.gif

WR -like really if we dont get a big wr i think i my have to go treat somebody life

T.J. housasgmfahahg - dont know how likely it is we get him since theres gone be others in tryin

Anquan boldin - he may get hit with the tags but if not
nerd.gif

OT -

john St. clair - they need to resign him asap dont even let him test the water

max starks - on the low low
nerd.gif

DT -

albert haynesworth -he say he aint giving out no home town discounts
laugh.gif
and he would close that middle up nicely(IMO)

CB -

nnamdi asomugha - let Al *#*% around and not put the tags on him
nerd.gif

those are the main names out there we need to try and get atleast 1 or 2 of them and then work the draft
You sound like a NT 49ers fan right now
laugh.gif
. But Donovancoming back home would be nice
frown.gif
. I think we have a legit shot atgrabbing Boldin. Draft picks are probably gonna be lost in order to do so, but I'm all for it.

Originally Posted by therenegade23

Angelo is too cheap.
say word. Its %!%@+%% ridiculous. i bet you thatll be the reason he dont go after a guy like Boldin either. Hopefully he does though cause like isaid we neeeeed a #1 WR threat.

And this guy Basanez an undrafted benchwarmer from Northwestern better not be Angelos cheap @!# answer to compete with Kyle
smh.gif

Wish I could see Aso on a better team, but
frown.gif
I don't think that will happen. If your wishlist comes true
laugh.gif
I think the bears could be true contenders.

Originally Posted by CasperJr

Originally Posted by arstyle27

Yeah......we're not getting any of those player.
laugh.gif
damn you done lost all hope on me G?
He's just speaking the truth. I can't remember the last time we gotta speedy and actually good WR.
Vasher can't healthy anymore. And Mike Brown..well you know him.

It is too soon to talk about this. The Bears have a massively overpaid, old, slow defense. An offense completely devoid of football ability, Forte being thenotable exception. I just dont know how they will be any good next year. Angelo is too cheap and stupid to compete for any free agent of real significance andyou know he wont draft a good WR. I just hope baseball season goes well enough and carries me through the football season.

Originally Posted by worldbeefreeg

Orton is the least of y'all's issues, real talk.
I concur thats why i said we should draft a QB within the top 3 to be a backup/compete with Orton rather than signing or trading for one. CauseIMO unless McNabb is available Orton > any QB on the market.

Its funny how quickly %+$# changes in football. After a few good games people are saying Bears finally found a QB who should stick for the future, i still gotfaith in Kyle being a legit starter, he was a borderline pro bowler at a point this year and his game really only backtracked because he got injured that onegame and was playing hurt because Rex is
sick.gif
But before that he was playingthe best he had all season.

WR IMO is the biggest issue, Ortons got 2 good TEs and a great RB who can do it all, if we can sure up the Oline a little more (dont forget we will finally getto see Chris Williams healthy) and have someone Orton can throw to consistently it will open up are passing game and therefore open up %+$# for Forte likewhat was happening those weeks when we were passing well. If we can o that we can have a potent offense.

IMO there is still a TON left on this D as well. We need a few upgrades but IMO Urlacher, Briggs, Peanut, Harris, and Ogunleye are all amongst the best attheir positions when healthy. and we got a few promosing young standouts such as Corey Graham, Kevin Payne, and a few other dudes.

I also think though that Mike Brown and Vasher are still very good when healthy (esp Brown) but i doubt that they can stay healthy for long.

Waddle & Silvy (WMVP-AM 1000) had an interesting interview with T. J. Houshmandzadeh today.

I love that when Waddle mentioned the possibility of coming to Chicago, Houshmandzadeh talked about the wrong quarterback.

"No, I don't know," Houshmandzadeh. "You know what's funny, man? Y'all probably going to laugh at me when I tell you this; I kind of like Rex Grossman."

Even after being told Rex won't be around next season, T.J. went on to praise Rex.

Maybe Houshmandzadeh will want to go wherever Rex ends up. Wonder how he feels about Brett Basanez.

T.J. also praised Lovie Smith by association.

Here is the transcript of the interview:

Houshmandzadeh's comments regarding whether or not he is interested in "the offer" that Waddle made to him about possibly coming to the city of Chicago and playing for the Bears

Houshmandzadeh: "Yeah, they have to be interested first. If you worked in the front office, or you were tied in, we could really talk, but I don't know how much that's going to do for me to say I'm interested or I'm not interested."

Houshmandzadeh's comments regarding his excitement about the upcoming free agency period

Houshmandzadeh: "It's just one of those things. I'm excited, to be honest with you. Can't wait for, I believe it is March 1st or February 28th, whenever free agency begins. I'm excited about it, and I can't wait to see what the future holds."

Houshmandzadeh's comments regarding whether or not he has narrowed it down to a small number of teams that he would like to go to as a free agent

Houshmandzadeh: "I haven't narrowed it down because I don't know who's interested and who's not interested. So, once you get a feel for who would be interested, then you begin to look at the roster; look at the offensive coordinator and the coaches and the quarterback, and things of that nature."

Houshmandzadeh's thoughts and comments regarding Kyle Orton and Ron Turner

Houshmandzadeh: "I'm familiar with the NFL. I pretty much can tell you every quarterback and offensive coordinator through the league. I'm open to everything. I just want to win games, really, to be honest with you. Been playing eight years, really, and been to the playoffs, and I was one and done. So, I just want to win. I want to get on the big stage and play."

Houshmandzadeh's comments regarding Cedric Benson's performance with the Cincinnati Bengals this past season

Houshmandzadeh: "Ced came in there. He did a good job for us, and Ced practiced hard, man. I don't know what the reputation he had in Chicago, but Ced practices really hard. Everything he does is full speed. It's so full speed to the point where in walkthrough; he's running guys over in walkthrough. He practiced hard, and he got a chance to play, and he did well. I don't know what happened; why things didn't go exactly the way they planned in Chicago, but a running back is only as good as his offensive line. So, Ced didn't have the success there that he would have liked, but he went to Cincinnati last year, and he did well. So, he might not be back. So, there's a lot to remain to be seen at what happens."

Houshmandzadeh's comments on whether or not it matters to him if he is signed right away once the free agency period begins at the end of this month

Houshmandzadeh: "No, no. If I get an offer from a team that I'm interested in, it's a done deal. You don't need to wine and dine me, so to speak. I'm not a woman. I don't need to be taken out and go out at...no; I don't need none of that, man."

Houshmandzadeh's comments on what he believes his role is going to be on his next team, and whether or not he wants to possibly move outside more, and play more of a role like Chad Johnson has played

Houshmandzadeh: "I would like to do both, cause I can do both. I've been pigeonholed where it's like I only can do one thing, and that's playing the slot. I can do both. They know I can do both, but when you only have one guy on your team that can play inside, then you're kind of stuck when you go three wides. Like, I'm the only guy that can play inside, so, I have no choice but to play inside. That was the hard part."

Houshmandzadeh's comments on whether or not Chad Johnson was ever interested in moving inside and playing more from the interior spot that T.J. almost always played from

Houshmandzadeh: "It's not whether you're interested or not. It's whether, can you do it? So, it was me, and Antonio Chapman. He was injured off and on, and so, when you only got one guy that can play in the slot when you go three wides, I have no choice but to go in the slot. I would like to do both. I would prefer to play in the slot sometimes, but I like to get outside because I can do both. But like I say, when you guys see me do so much of one thing, you think that's all I can do. Trust me, if I get an opportunity, and wherever I go, I'm going to have that opportunity because I want that to be a point that I make that I can do both, and I'm going to do both."

Houshmandzadeh's comments on whether or not he thinks that it is going to be hard for certain teams to get past the idea(s) and the preconceived notion(s) that he is only an inside, slot type of player

Houshmandzadeh: "If you know football, and you watch receivers, you'll see that I can do both. I've done both in Cincinnati. It's just, the last couple of years, I just haven't had as much of an opportunity. If you go back and watch tape, they've thrown me deep balls, and whether I'm covered or not, I jump over somebody's head and I catch the ball. For whatever reason, the last few years, the last couple years, they've been very far and few between, but like I said, I know I can do it. I just want to win, and if me going in the slot all the time means I'm going to win, I'm fine with that. I just want to win, and I feel like I can get on the outside and create some matchups, and just catch the ball, and that's all I want to do."

Houshmandzadeh's comments on what his gut feeling is regarding whether or not Chicago would be a good "landing spot" for him

Houshmandzadeh: "No, I don't know. You know what's funny, man? Y'all probably going to laugh at me when I tell you this; I kind of like Rex Grossman."

Houshmandzadeh's comments after Waddle and Silvy reiterate to T.J. that Grossman isn't going to be with the Bears this upcoming season

Houshmandzadeh: "No, but I'm saying...I always watched on T.V. how they give Rex Grossman a hard time. I don't know why. He takes chances, but when those chances pay off, nobody talks about them.

Houshmandzadeh's comments after Waddle emphasizes the fact that Rex Grossman is no Carson Palmer

Houshmandzadeh: "Oh yeah, yeah, I know. I'm just saying, you know, just his arm strength; he gets the ball down the field. He has that cocky confidence about him, and I don't even know him. It's just from what I see on T.V., and I liked that in him. When he had Bernard Berrian, he did pretty well getting the ball down the field, and you put Devin Hester in that position, had he had got a chance to play some games this year, I think Devin Hester would have had a better season just because of the fact that he's going to get the ball down the field. He's going to give Devin Hester chances to make plays with his speed and his explosion."

Houshmandzadeh's comments on whether or not he is a big Kyle Orton fan

Houshmandzadeh: "I don't know much about Kyle Orton. I know he went to Purdue. I know he played well as a rookie. I know he was a starter this year, and I know he fought his way back from an ankle injury because he didn't want Rex Grossman to play too well while he was hurt. He played well, though. He played well since his first year from starting compared to his rookie year. So, he did really well. I'm open to everything, I promise you that."

Houshmandzadeh's comments regarding Lovie Smith and whether or not Smith is a good selling point for him

Houshmandzadeh: "Hey, and by the way, you know a coach that coached under Tony Dungy is a good coach, and a cool guy. So, that always helps."

Houshmandzadeh: "Yeah, man, anybody that comes under Tony Dungy, if they have any type of the characteristics that Tony Dungy has, you can't beat that."

[h3][/h3]
[h3]Turner confident that Orton will continue to improve[/h3]
LAKE FOREST, Ill. - In the first of a two-part series, offensive coordinator Ron Turner answers email questions from fans exclusively on ChicagoBears.com:

How would you assess how Kyle Orton performed in 2008, and what do you think about him being the long-term answer at the position?
[table][tr][td]
Orton_inside081708%284%29.jpg

Kyle Orton threw for 2,972 yards with 18 TDs, 12 interceptions and a 79.6 passer rating in 2008.[/td] [/tr][/table]Phil K.
Rockford, Illinois
I feel great about Kyle; he played well this past year. He was starting to really find his rhythm and play with a lot of confidence before he [sprained his ankle]. He was getting better every week. When he came back from the injury, he wasn't in sync. He didn't have the rhythm that he had early, but he was starting to get it at the end of the year. I'm real pleased with how he played. I think he can be [the long-term solution], no question about it. He's still very young; he's 26 years old. He's going to continue to get better as he gets more reps. He does a lot of things really well, very naturally. He's a great leader and he's very intelligent. Mentally he can handle anything that you throw at him, and physically he's got all the skills to definitely be a top player in this league.

I was impressed with Kyle Orton in 2008. My only concern is that he cannot throw the long ball more accurately. How much does that concern you and how big of an emphasis will you place on that while working with Kyle during the offseason?

Juan G.
Burbank, Illinois

There were some throws that he missed this year that we could have connected on, and that's one of the things that was missing in our offense this year. We did a lot of good things, but we didn't make enough big plays. We didn't make enough plays down the field that we're capable of making, that we've got to make and that we should make. In this league, it's really difficult to score if you don't have big plays, and those big plays usually have to come in the passing game. When you have opportunities to make them, we need to make them. That's a scenario we've got to improve on. But is it all Kyle? No, it's not all Kyle. A lot of it has to do with getting the timing, getting the rhythm and getting a feel for the receivers. The more he's around them and the more experience he gets, he'll hit those. A lot of it has to do with practice. We had some guys who couldn't practice as much as they wanted because of injuries. If you're not throwing those things full speed in practice, it's hard to hit them in the games. He missed some he should have made, but there were other factors involved.

I love what Matt Forte was able to do as a rookie, but I'm concerned that he was overused. Will you make a more concerted effort to have another running back share the workload with Forte next season?

Matt H.
Hammond, Indiana

Yes, we will. It's something that we've talked about since the season's been over. Matt Forte is so good that it's hard to take him off the field. But we also know we have to. We want to get him in the neighborhood of 20-25 touches a game. That still leaves plenty of opportunities to get somebody else in there. We definitely know we need to incorporate other people. Garrett Wolfe is a guy we want to do that with. We wanted to do it a little more this past year than what we did. A lot of it has to do with Adrian Peterson. We've got so much confidence in "AP." When we take Matt out and put "AP" in, whether it's a third-down situation, a blitz pickup or all the different things, we know he's going to be in the right place to do the right thing. We just need to develop the same kind of confidence in Garrett and whoever else is in there.

With the success your brother, Norv, had this year with Darren Sproles as a complementary running back in San Diego, do you think that Garrett Wolfe can fill a similar role with the Bears?

Brad R.
Los Angeles, California

I think he can definitely fill a role for the Bears, no question about it. Like I said, we wanted to do that more this past year. We definitely will do it this coming year. He's a good football player. We want to have a role for him. But he's different than Darren Sproles. Everyone looks at it and says they're both not very tall, so they're the same player. But their body types are different. Darren Sproles is probably a little stronger lower body-wise and more compact. One similarity is that they're both great to utilize on screen passes. Garrett Wolfe brings a lot to the table. He's very explosive and very quick.

Have you ever considered using Adrian Peterson as a fullback? He reminds me of Larry Centers with his blitz pickups and pass-catching skills. I think he could present some match-up problems.

Francis R.

That's a great question and a great observation. It's something that we have talked about, putting him and maybe Matt or somebody else on the field at the same time, especially since we only carried one fullback on the active roster. That's something that Adrian definitely could adjust to and could do.

Originally Posted by worldbeefreeg

Orton is the least of y'all's issues, real talk.
When the starting quarterback on your favorite team completes his first pass that travels over 30 yds in WEEK17, THEN and ONLY THEN, come back and say that.

Kyle orton is a $$@%$#+ band aid on a bullet wound! HE is the %!#!#$$%%$!$* king of staring down his receivers. We wont go out and get a big time QB or WR, butwe will go ahead and sign a guy who doctors said has the body of a 35 yr old man (Tommie Harris) to a big time contract. Dont get me wrong I like Tommieharris, but throwing that much money at him was ridiculous. Management spent WAYYYYY too much money on its own players the past couple of offseasons.

I would love to see TJ land here, but I seriously doubt that the Bears will throw large money at one specific guy. I think they'd rather use money to signseveral lower tier players.

Back
Top Bottom