¹ 2008 Spring Football/Summer Workouts (updates) ©

Im' trynna step my College FB game up fellas... if you dont mind a rookie asking, what are the top playmakers to look out for this season? Lookin to dosome research on some of the players who should do big things this season, For both offense and defense. 5-10 for each one would satisfy me...

QB's...RB's... WR's...DB's, any position, most of the players i knew got drafted in last years nfl draft.
embarassed.gif
so i have a lot of work to do withthis years College FB season.

Will be much appreciated fellas.
pimp.gif

QBS: Tim Tebow Florida, Matthew Stafford Georgia, Josh Freeman Kansas State, Chase Daniel Missouri, Willie Tiutima (sp) Arizona, Jake Locker Washington, ColtMcCoy Texas, Armanti Edwards Appalachian State, Graham Harrell Texas Tech, Sam Bradford Oklahoma, Juice Williams Illinois, Pat White West Virginia, CullenHarper Clemson

RBS: Knoshown Moreno Georgia, CJ Spiller and James Davis Clemson, Arian Foster Tennessee, Charles Scott Richard Murphy Keiland Williams LSU, DeMarco MurrayOklahoma, Beanie Wells Ohio State, Joe McKnight USC, Noel Devine West Virginia, Chris Rainey Florida, Mike Goodson Texas A&M, Lesean McCoy Pitt, JavarrisJames and Graig Cooper Da U, Josh Adams Wake Forrest, Damion Fletcher Southern Miss

WR: Percy Harvin and Louis Murphy Florida, Gregg Carr and Preston Parker Florida State, Aaron Kelly Clemson, Jeremy Maclin Missouri, Arrelious Benn Illinois,Demetrius Byrd and Terrance Toliver LSU, Gerald Jones and Lucas Taylor Tennessee, Michael Crabtree Texas Tech, Darrius Heyward Bay Maryland, Dez BryantOklahoma State, Julio Jones Alabama, Brian Robiskie and Brian Hartline Ohio State, Kenny McKinley South Carolina

DBS: Eric Berry and Dee Morley Tennessee, Major Wright and Will Hill Florida, Taylor Mays USC, D.J. Moore Vandy, Trevard Lindley Kentucky, Vontae DavisIllinois, Malcolm Jenkins Ohio State, Mike Mickens Cincinnati, Alphonso Smith Wake Forrest, Macho Harris Virginia Tech, Myron Rolle FSU,

LBs: Brandon Spikes Florida, Nigel Bradham Florida State, Rey Maualuga and Brian Cushing USC, James Laurinaitis OSU, Darry Beckwith LSU, Scott McKillop Pitt,Joe Mortensen Kansas, Rico McCoy Tennesse, Eric Norwood (should be a DE) South Carolina, Dannell Ellerbee UGA

Hope this helps you get started I was bored and haven't been in this thread for a while. Most of the guys I listed are on the bigger programs so you canfind them on the tube pretty easily in less than two weeks. can't wait until Sat September 30
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Take off Nigel and Substitute Dekoda Watson. Nigel gonna be 2bd string all year except for Suspension or Injury.

Are there any L$U fans on here???

I wonder how Brandon Lafell is doing. That boy got talent....But too many drops.
smh.gif

DBS: Eric Berry and Dee Morley Tennessee, Major Wright and Will Hill Florida, Taylor Mays USC, D.J. Moore Vandy, Trevard Lindley Kentucky, Vontae Davis Illinois, Malcolm Jenkins Ohio State, Mike Mickens Cincinnati, Alphonso Smith Wake Forrest, Macho Harris Virginia Tech, Myron Rolle FSU,
David Bruton.

This Chris Rainey hype is getting out of control. He better have a monster year or else I am gonna be disappointed. I am sure when certain players are notcutting it, Urban will rely soley on Percy and Tebow again.

Kevin Newsome has back of his commitment to us and opened up his recruiting again. In my opinion I say forget him, and bring in Tate Forcier, who as has shownthat he wants to come to UofM.

Seems like Newsome never wanted to really come here anyways. The VT people all around him (including BOTH parents) have gotten him thinking. I could Tatecommiting sometime soon. But at any rate we need to take the first QB that wants to come here. I am real happy that Shavodrick is a Wolverine but we still needanother option at QB. I would pray that they go hard after Geno Smith from FL. The kid can play.

eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif

Wow guys, i was expectin maybe about 10 players named...didnt know my man gatorb87 was gonna break it down like that.

Thanks a lot man, and thanks to everyone else, im surely going to youtube most, if not all those names this weekend and check out some footage...see what thesecats are all about
pimp.gif

This could also help our chances at that Inkster kid, the "next TP," for next years class.

Originally Posted by zs05wc

This could also help our chances at that Inkster kid, the "next TP," for next years class.

Personally I don't think any QB was gonna come in and grab the spot next year. Possibly but not probable. I think that still levaes Sheridan and Threetfighting it out for the majority of the snaps and keeping the HS QBs looking at us. Gardner and Bolden seem to be real high on Michigans board as do a coupleof Florida QBs.

man my boy Nigal gonna be doing it big this year for FSU i was watching TV and all the players and coaches said he could be pound for pund the strongest on theteam thats crazy for a Freshman!

CJ Holton u better step ya game up! yo brother doin big things in Tally

Louisville suspended Matt Simms (Phil's son) for 4 games for violation of team rules. don't really matter though.

nerd.gif

Originally Posted by allen3xis

DBS: Eric Berry and Dee Morley Tennessee, Major Wright and Will Hill Florida, Taylor Mays USC, D.J. Moore Vandy, Trevard Lindley Kentucky, Vontae Davis Illinois, Malcolm Jenkins Ohio State, Mike Mickens Cincinnati, Alphonso Smith Wake Forrest, Macho Harris Virginia Tech, Myron Rolle FSU,
David Bruton.
William Moore, Missouri...
pimp.gif

yo whats the deal with all the players that transfer to D2 going to TSU.
Eugene Clifford, JaJuan Spillman... @+*! they may be the best team in Nashville.
laugh.gif

My friend and ex-teammate Mike McLaughlin got named captain at Boston College, kinda surprising because he is gonna be a RS Junior and he only started 3 gameslast year after Dunbar went down. He did put up some good #'s though (was like 4th on the team in total tackles) and he is crazy dedicated to the game so Iam sure that had something to do with it. BC is definitely going to struggle this year but still pretty legit

http://bceagles.cstv.com/...l/spec-rel/081308aaa.html

It seems like Michigan offense is going to be wild this year. Observers from the mdia were not allowed to comment on the first 30 mins of practice per RR'srequest but they said it was crazy to see the winged helmet doing these things. QBs had a great day yesterday and look to be neck and neck. I don't carewho starts just as long as they don't turn the ball over.
RB position is loaded with 5 guys that could/should see quite a few carries.
Terrence Robinson makes the depth in the slot a little thinner because of a tweaked knee.
John Ferrara an old DT is now playing OG and they love him there.
The true frosh at quite a few postitions are really making the coaches look at them and call out the guys who thought they had a spot locked up.
The season will be interesting thats for sure. I like the team, but then again I always do, but I have not been so anxious to see a team hit the field than Iam with this team. For nothing else than the difference in the offense. I hope the D has the 1997 mentality where it kills the opponents will early in the gameand the O can slowly (or rapidly with this O) pull away.

Updated: 11:20 AM ET Thu, Aug. 21, 2008
[h1]Five-star QB picks Kentucky

CARMEL, Ind. -- The University of Kentucky took another step toward one of the best football recruiting classes in school history when Carmel High School quarterback Morgan Newton announced Thursday that he would sign with the Wildcats in February.[/h1]
The 6-foot-5, 220-pound Newton, who is rated a five-star prospect by Scout.com, picked the Wildcats over Florida, Clemson and Illinois. As a junior, Newton completed 124 of 213 passes for 1,900 yards and 25 touchdowns. He also rushed for 750 yards and 11 scores.

Newton is the second high-profile quarterback to commit to the Cats this summer, joining four-star Texan Ryan Mossakowski.

Newton's father, Dr. John Newton, played four years of college football under legendary Grambling Coach Eddie Robinson and was a teammate of former Super Bowl MVP Doug Williams. While many might second-guess Morgan Newton's decision to pick a Kentucky program that's not rich in history or tradition, Newton's father his son made an educated decision and that UK has a lot of positives to offer.

For starters, there's a chance for Newton to step in and play immediately. Newton's father also cited the Wildcats' pro-style offense and the fact that quarterbacks coach Randy Sanders groomed several successful quarterbacks, including current Indianapolis Colts star Peyton Manning.

"We spent a lot of time with this decision," Newton said. "We talked to a lot of people and gathered a lot of input, including Doug Williams. We really believe Kentucky is a place where Morgan can succeed individually and compete for championships."

Newton is ranked as the nation's seventh-best quarterback by Scout.com. Mossakowski is ranked the No. 9 pro-style quarterback with the country's second-strongest arm by Rivals.com.

Kentucky also has commitments from Henry Clay's Sam Simpson, ranked the country's second-best center by Scout.com; Qua Huzzie, a three-star linebacker from LaGrange, Ga.; and Madison Central offensive lineman Larry Warford, who's listed as one of the nation's top 30 guards by Rivals.com. Of UK's 17 commitments, 13 rate three stars or higher.

In 2007, nine of Kentucky's 20 signees were three stars or higher, with Henry Clay wide receiver Aaron Boyd the only four-star player. Kentucky signed 29 players in 2006, but only eight were three-star prospects and the only four-star player, D.J. Stafford of LaGrange, Ga., never made it to campus.

out %!%@%@% standing.
pimp.gif

Jonas is a beast. He had a great senior year but I question his ability to run between the tackles. Doesn't play at his 4.4 speed and always wants tobounce outside. I think he could be good but I also think that he is more of a camp stud.

August 20, 2008
[h1]Several teams look to true freshman for help[/h1]
David Fox
Rivals.com College Football Staff Writer

Perhaps more than ever, teams are counting on true freshmen to fill key spots on winning teams.

Some of the top teams in the country - among them Florida, Georgia, Ohio State and LSU - have national-title hopes, but also will have true freshmen starting or contributing in a major way. And Notre Dame, Miami and Alabama are likely to play their share of freshmen from their touted recruited classes as they try to reclaim further glory.

Here are the projected top 10 impact true freshmen for the 2008 season - listed alphabetically, by school:
[table][tr][td]
JULIOJONES2_300.JPG
[/td] [td]JULIO JONES, Wide receiver, ALABAMA[/td] [/tr][tr][td]With Alabama's top three receivers gone, the Crimson Tide needs a difference-maker on the outside. Jones is the likely candidate. Jones, a 6-4, 210-pounder from Foley, Ala., is physically ready to play at the college level. Another five-star freshman, Burton Scott, also is in the mix.[/td] [td] [/td] [/tr][tr][td]Julio Jones was the top-ranked wide receiver and fourth overall prospect in this year's freshman class.[/td] [/tr][/table][table][tr][td]JOSH HADEN, Running back, BOSTON COLLEGE[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Matt Ryan wasn't the only costly departure from the Boston College backfield. Seniors Andre Callender and L.V. Whitworth, who combined for 302 carries and 1,351 yards last year, left the Eagles without an experienced tailback. BC likely will turn to Haden to lead the new running attack. Haden, a four-star prospect from Fort Washington, Md., is the brother of Florida cornerback Joe Haden. Josh Haden enrolled in the spring and gives Boston College a small, speedy back to work in Steve Logan's offense.[/td] [td] [/td] [/tr][tr][td]DaQUAN BOWERS, Defensive end, CLEMSON[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Clemson is well on its way toward becoming the new Defensive End U. Gaines Adams was the fourth overall pick in 2007 NFL Draft, Phillip Merling was the first pick in the second round this year and five-star prospect Ricky Sapp is a returning starter on this season's team. The next in line is Bowers, the No. 2 prospect in the 2008 class. Bowers, a 6-foot-5, 265-pounder from Bamberg, S.C., enrolled early and is expected to have an immediate impact.[/td] [td] [/td] [/tr][tr][td]DARRELL SCOTT, Running back, COLORADO[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Say this for second-year Colorado coach Dan Hawkins: He can close. Hawkins went toe-to-toe with Texas for Scott - a Ventura, Calif., native who was the No. 6 prospect in the country - and came out on top. Hawkins vows not to rush Scott - Demetrius Sumler has been named the starting tailback for the opener - but Scott has a nice combination of power and speed. We figure Scott will eventually get the starting nod.[/td] [td] [/td] [/tr][tr][td]WILL HILL, Strong safety, FLORIDA[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Florida had one of the worst pass defenses in the SEC last season, and the Gators received a steady stream of bad news at strong safety during the offseason. Projected starter Dorian Munroe suffered a torn ACL during the offseason and was lost for the season. Backups John Curtis (ACL) and Jamar Hornsby (dismissed) are gone. And touted freshman Dee Finley didn't qualify. One bit of good news: Hill, a 6-3, 203-pounder from Jersey City, N.J., who was a five-star prospect, looks as if he can help immediately. He currently is backing up sophomore Ahmad Black, but has a far greater upside than Black.[/td] [td] [/td] [/tr][tr][td]A.J. GREEN, Wide receiver, GEORGIA[/td] [/tr][tr][td]If Georgia is going to be a national championship contender, the Bulldogs need to improve a passing game that ranked eighth in the SEC last season. Georgia's most veteran receiver, Mohamed Massaquoi, has never caught 40 passes in a season. Green, the No. 9 player in the class of 2008, should help. Green, a 6-4, 190-pounder from Summerville, S.C., could be the dynamic playmaker in the passing game Georgia hasn't had for several years.[/td] [td] [/td] [/tr][tr][td]PATRICK PETERSON, Cornerback, LSU[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Peterson, from Pompano Beach, Fla., changed his name from Patrick Johnson after his parents married, but he remains the same fast, physical cornerback who was the No. 5 prospect in the 2008 class. The Tigers must replace starting corners Jonathan Zenon and Chevis Jackson. Peterson will be in the mix with touted recruits from previous seasons, and could end up starting despite his youth.[/td] [td] [/td] [/tr][tr][td]MARCUS FORSTON, Defensive tackle, MIAMI[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Miami's rebuilding job started in town at Northwestern High. Forston was one of seven players from the Bulls' state championship team to enroll with the Hurricanes. Forston will have a shot at early playing time. The No. 7 player in the class of 2008, Forston enrolled early and has pushed for a starting spot since spring practice. Miami has two senior tackles on the depth chart, but Forston could outdistance them by the start of the season - if he hasn't already.[/td] [td] [/td] [/tr][tr][td]MICHAEL FLOYD, Wide receiver, NOTRE DAME[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Like the rest of Notre Dame's offense, the wide receivers didn't put up big numbers last season. Even with playmakers Duval Kamara and Golden Tate in the mix, Floyd - a five-star prospect from Minneapolis - should see some early playing time. No Notre Dame wide receiver caught more than 32 passes or had more than 361 receiving yards last season.[/td] [td] [/td] [/tr][tr][td]TERRELLE PRYOR, Quarterback, OHIO STATE[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Pryor waited until the middle of March to sign with Ohio State, but the Buckeyes' coaching staff probably was thinking of creative ways to use the nation's top-ranked player long before they received his letter-of-intent. Ohio State already has a senior quarterback and numerous offensive weapons, but Pryor - from Jeannette, Pa. - gives the Buckeyes more options.[/td] [td] [/td] [/tr][tr][td]OTHERS TO WATCH[/td] [/tr][tr][td]LB Arthur Brown, Miami; WR Jonathan Baldwin, Pittsburgh; LB Nigel Bradham, Florida State; WR DeAndre Brown, Southern Miss; RB Enrique Davis, Ole Miss; WR Jeff Fuller, Texas A&M; G Cordy Glenn, Georgia; QB Robert Griffin, Baylor; LB Brandon Herron, Michigan; LB Dexter Heyman, Louisville; CB 'Antoine Hood, Auburn; DE Tyler Hoover, Michigan State; WR Marvin Jones, California; DT David Kruger, Utah; RB Mikel LeShoure, Illinois; QB Bo Levi Mitchell, SMU; FS Rahim Moore, UCLA; OT Lucas Nix, Pittsburgh; OT Ken Plue, Purdue; RB Chris Polk, Washington; WR Dyrell Roberts, Virginia Tech; LB Christian Robinson, Georgia; WR Gerell Robinson, Arizona State; RB Jacquizz Rodgers, Oregon State; OT Zebrie Sanders, Florida State; LB Sean Spence, Miami; WR Darryl Stonum, Michigan; S Christian Thompson, Auburn; LB Courtney Upshaw, Alabama; K Blair Walsh, Georgia; RB Ryan Williams, Virginia Tech.[/td] [/tr][/table]

Back
Top Bottom