YOUR TOP 10 BEST NBA PLAYERS OF THE DECADE!...vol. no kelly

CP3 only one year after Bron and Wade, and they both make it in with only 6-7 years on their resume
Nah, 2 years after Bron and Wade. CP3 has only played 4 years.

Originally Posted by JsindaA

Yeah he was great in Minny.....while Kobe was great, alongside the most dominant player in the league at the time, and got BETTER when Shaq left. They both have an MVP (Kobe should have like 2) and a ring. Kobe has a finals MVP, 4 rings, and has played in 6 finals. There really is no argument for KG over Kobe. None.
kobe was fortunate enough and had a co-star in shaq...i honestly think kobe did more than shaq during those 3 peat years...he was a top defenderand he ran the offense but there is no doubt shaq was our go to guy...kg's wolves were not beating our Lakers in the early decade but that doesnt mean hedidnt carry that weak team to the playoffs every year...look at his numbers simply amazing...not only does have an MVP but he is also a DPOY...also dude canbasically play all positions...hes very versitle i still hate him though
mad.gif
but i gotta respect him though...got it my fellow Laker fan
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by JapanAir21

Nicedude, I can see where you're coming from, but personally I can't put a guy in a top 10 list if he hasn't done anything in the post-season to bump up his rep.

Good thing Mike wasn't in here, dude is so dyslexic that he calls Pau Gasol, Paul Gasol.
smh.gif
laugh.gif

Paul Pierece, Paul Gasol, Chris Paul,
smh.gif
laugh.gif
I agree with your points too man about playoffs success. Speaking of Mike Finley, really wish my dude Mitch Richmond could have been on the Kingswith Webber and the rest of the crew. Oh wells, at least dude got a ring with the Lakers...
mad.gif

smh.gif
laugh.gif

And yet I STILL don't see too many people giving reasons why Paul Pierce should NOT be in the top 10.

At least CP acknowledged that he should be in the running at the very least.

Originally Posted by SHUGES

smh.gif
laugh.gif

And yet I STILL don't see too many people giving reasons why Paul Pierce should NOT be in the top 10.

He should but people will use the C's absolutely sucking as a reason not to.....

Originally Posted by SHUGES

smh.gif
laugh.gif

I did, I don't know if you skimmed over it or not, but I said he's on the cusp. He's 11-12 for me, he'd be ahead of Tracy, andeither 11th or 12th depending on where I'd place Chauncey.

Originally Posted by encore2007

KG was irrelevant a few years before he went to B-Town. I honestly don't think he's top 3
Irrelevant? 22 points, 13 rebounds, 4 assists, a block and a half, and a steal and a half means he's irrelevant? His team may have beenirrelevant, but certainly not himself.

Top 10 Players of the Decade According to Adjusted Plus Minus*

*My partner Jeff Sagarin and I believe in evaluating players based on how they impact the score of the game and the chance of the team winning We find the set of player ratings that best fit the scores of the game segments which hare defined by who is on the floor.(ex. PER) We call this Adjusted , since we modify the old hockey measure to adjust for who you play with and who you play against.
Based on our ratings from 2000-2009 here are the top 10 players of the decade.
[h1] [/h1] [h2]Top 10 Players of the Decade[/h2]
1.KG +11.7

2.Duncan +11.2

3. LeBron James +10.9

4. Dirk +10.4

5. Wade +8.9

6. Chris Paul +8.6

7. Kobe Bryant +8.4

8. Stockton +8.2

9. Manu Ginobili +7.5

10. Rasheed Wallace +7.5

Of course, you say, why is Rasheed Wallace here? In his prime (2001-2006), Rasheed averaged a +10 rating. How can he be better than Shaq? First of all Shaq's best years were in the 1990's. Remember Rasheed's team beat Kobe and Shaq in the championship. This only happened after the Pistons traded for Rasheed. If Kobe and Shaq were so great how could this happen? By the way, Paul Pierce and Ray Allen are #17 and #18 for the decade, so it looks like this year's Celtics have 4 legitimate Hall of Fame Candidates (although they are all probably past their prime). Rasheed's technical fouls propensity may prevent him from being realized for the great player that he was (is?), but the numbers speak for themselves.

Food for thought, this doesn't take into account how long they have played though.

Rasheed
eek.gif
pimp.gif

His high plus minus probably has something to do with the fact that he draws shot blockers away from the bucket making it easier for his team to score.

I really don't see how someone can be ion the decline for half a decade and be #1 on this list. Shaq was crazy during 2000-2003 but after that his scoringnumbers dropped significantly and he wasn't the force he once was.

In 02-03 he avg. 27.5 ppg and in 04-05 21.5 ppg, missing more games, etc. He has been on the decline ever since. Yeah I know he won the title in '06, butD-Wade/refs won that Finals, Shaq was as much of a non-factor as he ever was in the playoffs. Also I know everyone brings up his Finals numbers which were justout of this world but in the climb to get there, KB24 was just as important and put up similar and sometimes even better stats in the West playoffs.

TOP 10 of the Decade:

1. Duncan
2. Shaq
3. KG
4. Kobe
5. Lebron
6. Iverson
7. Wade
8. Dirk
9. Nash
10. Carter/McGrady/Sheed (take your pick)

1. KOBE
2. LEBRON
3. SHAQ
4. DUNCAN
5. KG
6. D WADE
7. IVERSON
8. NOWITSKI
9. NASH
10. TONY PARKER

Kobe does have a legitamate chance of being number 1 tho........

4 rings........ Yes Shaq was the go to guy but Kobes averages were VERY good to being just a second to him. As a 21 year old he whooped Indianas Reggie duringOT.

Pyear in and year out All 1st team and Defensive.

3 All Star MVPs

1 Mvp

1 Finals MVP

6 Finals appearances

2 time Scoring Champion with an 81, 65, 62, 60 multiple 50s a streak of 40pt games. Tied makes in most 3s. Most points in a half.

Tim is GREAT as well but y'all make it seem like Kobe doesn't have a chance. Since 05 timmy has always had a great team. And the begining of the decadehe had a great defensive Man in DR.

they're both interchangeable

Originally Posted by LamarOwnsem

Originally Posted by encore2007

KG was irrelevant a few years before he went to B-Town. I honestly don't think he's top 3
Irrelevant? 22 points, 13 rebounds, 4 assists, a block and a half, and a steal and a half means he's irrelevant? His team may have been irrelevant, but certainly not himself.

thank you...dudes brushing off kg just cause he was on a garbage team...he was consistent no doubt during this decade

1. T-Mac(when healthy)
2. Kidd
3. Wade
4. TD
5. KG
6. Shaq
7. AI
8. Lebron
9. Billups
grin.gif
[+]
Kobe

Originally Posted by kvsm23vs24

Kobe does have a legitamate chance of being number 1 tho........ No.

4 rings........ Yes Shaq was the go to guy but Kobes averages were VERY good to being just a second to him. As a 21 year old he whooped Indianas Reggie during OT.

Pyear in and year out All 1st team and Defensive.

3 All Star MVPs
laugh.gif

1 Mvp

1 Finals MVP

6 Finals appearances

2 time Scoring Champion with an 81, 65, 62, 60 multiple 50s a streak of 40pt games. Tied makes in most 3s. Most points in a half.

Tim is GREAT as well but y'all make it seem like Kobe doesn't have a chance. Since 05 timmy has always had a great team. And the begining of the decade he had a great defensive Man in DR.

they're both interchangeable

Originally Posted by B1acMan365

1. T-Mac(when healthy)
2. Kidd
3. Wade
4. TD
5. KG
6. AI
7. Dirk
8. Lebron
9. Billups
grin.gif
[+]
Kobe
eek.gif
laugh.gif
sick.gif
indifferent.gif
roll.gif
my exact reaction how can you say Kobe is behind Billups Lebron Dirk AI WadeKidd Tmac is a joke AND NO SHAQ? you sir need to quit posting

Originally Posted by Lakersfan1

Originally Posted by B1acMan365

1. T-Mac(when healthy)
2. Kidd
3. Wade
4. TD
5. KG
6. AI
7. Dirk
8. Lebron
9. Billups
grin.gif
[+]
Kobe
eek.gif
laugh.gif
sick.gif
indifferent.gif
roll.gif
my exact reaction how can you say Kobe is behind Billups Lebron Dirk AI Wade Kidd Tmac is a joke AND NO SHAQ? you sir need to quit posting
He did say no particular order in the title part or w/e.

laugh.gif
dude a few posts above put Tony Parker in the top 10. Hope he was kidding
eyes.gif

Back
Top Bottom