YOUR TOP 10 BEST NBA PLAYERS OF THE DECADE!...vol. no kelly

Originally Posted by chris boshs neck

shaq has been trash since 2005 how is top player of the decade kobe has been ontop for 10 years child pleae
2000-2005 were some AMAZING years. Dude was THE dominant force in basketball. Thats damn near half a decade, hell even include 1999

Originally Posted by Do Be Doo

Originally Posted by nycknicks105

The only spot that matter is the #1 spot

And if anyone who doesn't put Duncan or Shaq in that spot losses credibility.
How are people going to call Timmy the greatest PF ever and not have him #1 in the decade he played in?..

Easy Tim Duncan is the great power forward ever but Shaq is one the top 5 or 6 players ever.

Wait a minute, people are actually questioning whether Shaq was the centerpiece of the three-peat? Are you kidding me?

I'm fine with putting Kobe as #2 overall, that's fine, but saying Kobe was as important as Shaq during their shared championship run is laughable.

Shaq averaged 37/17/3 blocks in the Finals, and for the post-season averaged 31/15/2.5 blocks for the first ring.
Shaq averaged 33/16/5 assists/3 blocks in the Finals, and for the post-season averaged 30/15/2.5 blocks for the second ring.
Shaq averaged 36/12/2.5 blocks in the Finals, and for the post-season averaged 29/13/2.5 blocks for the third ring.

Kobe averaged 16/5/4 for the Finals, and for the post-season averaged 21/4/4 for the first ring.
Kobe averaged 25/8/6 assists/1 block for the Finals, and for the post-season averaged 29/7/6 for the second ring.
Kobe averaged 27/6/5 assists for the Finals, and for the post-season averaged 27/6/5 for their third ring.

Now, with all those numbers aside, it doesn't take into consideration what a defensive force Shaq was, and how much he changed the game. I'm not tryingto justify Shaq being better than Kobester for the decade, that's another debate which is a lot closer, but during their championship run, Shaq was theman, and Kobe was the Robin to Shaq's Batman.

And as far as Tracy is concerned..
grin.gif

It's all shoulda, coulda, woulda, and when it comes down to it, he doesn't have the resume to be top-10 material. He's a great player, he'svery talented, but he has no playoff success, he's been an all-nba player and an all-star seven times, but that's nothing compared to the rest of theguys on this list. 2 First teams and 3 second teams, cool, good for him.

Nash or Billups.. Take your pick, Nash? 6 time all NBA, 3 first teams, 6-time all star, 2 time MVP, and has been very successful in the Playoffs. Take anynumbers you want about Tracy and throw em out the window because Nash has put up HUGE numbers in HUGE games when it matters, and they win. Billups? Finals MVP,2 All-Defense teams, 3 All-NBA teams, 4 time all-star, leading his team to seven straight Conference Finals, the prime example of playoff success.

Tracy's teams haven't been that great, and most times they aren't favored no, but they've had their opportunities to win, but came up short.

I don't see how you DON'T factor in Post-season success when talking about a guys career.

Originally Posted by JapanAir21

Wait a minute, people are actually questioning whether Shaq was the centerpiece of the three-peat? Are you kidding me?

I'm fine with putting Kobe as #2 overall, that's fine, but saying Kobe was as important as Shaq during their shared championship run is laughable.

Shaq averaged 37/17/3 blocks in the Finals, and for the post-season averaged 31/15/2.5 blocks for the first ring.
Shaq averaged 33/16/5 assists/3 blocks in the Finals, and for the post-season averaged 30/15/2.5 blocks for the second ring.
Shaq averaged 36/12/2.5 blocks in the Finals, and for the post-season averaged 29/13/2.5 blocks for the third ring.

Kobe averaged 16/5/4 for the Finals, and for the post-season averaged 21/4/4 for the first ring.
Kobe averaged 25/8/6 assists/1 block for the Finals, and for the post-season averaged 29/7/6 for the second ring.
Kobe averaged 27/6/5 assists for the Finals, and for the post-season averaged 27/6/5 for their third ring.

Now, with all those numbers aside, it doesn't take into consideration what a defensive force Shaq was, and how much he changed the game. I'm not trying to justify Shaq being better than Kobester for the decade, that's another debate which is a lot closer, but during their championship run, Shaq was the man, and Kobe was the Robin to Shaq's Batman.

grin.gif

It's all shoulda, coulda, woulda, and when it comes down to it, he doesn't have the resume to be top-10 material. He's a great player, he's very talented, but he has no playoff success, he's been an all-nba player and an all-star seven times, but that's nothing compared to the rest of the guys on this list. 2 First teams and 3 second teams, cool, good for him.

Nash or Billups.. Take your pick, Nash? 6 time all NBA, 3 first teams, 6-time all star, 2 time MVP, and has been very successful in the Playoffs. Take any numbers you want about Tracy and throw em out the window because Nash has put up HUGE numbers in HUGE games when it matters, and they win. Billups? Finals MVP, 2 All-Defense teams, 3 All-NBA teams, 4 time all-star, leading his team to seven straight Conference Finals, the prime example of playoff success.

Tracy's teams haven't been that great, and most times they aren't favored no, but they've had their opportunities to win, but came up short.

I don't see how you DON'T factor in Post-season success when talking about a guys career.
EXACTLY.

And how in the world would Timmy not be Top 5 All Time?

Tim Duncan was the best player this past decade. Look at his stats and his team's win/loss each season. That is ridiculous, he has to be one of only ahandful of players EVER to have led his team to 53+ wins every season, FOR TEN SEASONS.

Second, everyone who rides kobe and says stuff like "if you had smush and kwame on your team, you wouldn't make it past the first round either"shouldn't watch sports or even be allowed out of the house. This has to be one of the most idiotic arguments of all time. You expect Kobe or any othersuperstar to have a loaded bench and to play with all-stars every year of his career? Seriously, grow up.

Tim Duncan has been the most consistent and best player this decade. I hate the Spurs and hate watching them play but the guy does it on both ends of the court(and unlike Kobe he actually is a solid defender the ENTIRE game, and doesn't get defensive-recognition because he's supremely athletic/gifted). Shaqis probably the second best player of the decade, followed by Kobe/Garnett in a tie. Allen Iverson has to be next on the list. The rest is a mixed bag. Iwouldn't put Paul Pierce on the list, I would take Chauncey or Webber over him any day. Chris Webber was a top five player in the league for the first partof the decade; Paul Pierce has never been top 5.

1. Duncan - nothing even needs to be said.
2. Shaq - would be 1b, but has declined past few years.
3. KG - gonna get crap for putting him over Kobe, but he has been top 5 offensive and defensive player for the past 10 years. The way you affect the game as abig is so much more important than a swingman. Honestly, if you put KG on those Spurs teams with Pop and Duncan on those awful Minnesota teams, who knows ifit's not a given KG is in that top spot?
4. Kobe - it's funny how much that championship last year did for his legacy, yet he would still be in this exact spot even if they didn't win it in09.
5. Dirk - man, look at how he put that team on his back through a tough Spurs team. You know a guy needs help when he is putting up about 35 and 10 and histeam is still getting exterminated.
6. Kidd - guy can barely shoot yet he is one of the best pg's we will ever see...think about how amazing that is.
7. Lebron - really dominant for second half of this decade. So dominant that he earns my 7 spot after only being significant in the NBA world for a little overhalf of the decade.
8. Pierce - consistent and has always gotten the most of the talent around him. ecf's with kenny anderson, antoine walker (always overrated), ericwilliams, tony battie, rodney rogers. Finals MVP first year he gets real help.
9 Iverson - his roster during that Finals run was garbage, but the east was just terrible during that time. not as in love with iverson's accomplishmentsas others because of his fg% and failure with talent in Denver.
10. TMac - guy is really good, yet bothered by injuries all career. pretty natural for him to get hurt during the year when he has the most help...put tmac onthose early 00s lakers teams and they probably win the same amount of rings. i'm just not gonna dock a guy for not getting out of the first round of theplayoffs when he puts up fantastic numbers and has no help.

Omissions: Nash: guys voting for the MVP are clowns and fell in love with the suns style of play. the real MVP was D'Antoni's system, which now hasKnicks fans thinking David Lee was an all star last year. don't get me wrong, I'd include Nash from 11-13, but can't see him as top 10 of decade.

Wade: has only been healthy for 4/10 years of the decade. Love Wade, but that's just not enough.

grin.gif

It's all shoulda, coulda, woulda, and when it comes down to it, he doesn't have the resume to be top-10 material. He's a great player, he's very talented, but he has no playoff success, he's been an all-nba player and an all-star seven times, but that's nothing compared to the rest of the guys on this list. 2 First teams and 3 second teams, cool, good for him.

Nash or Billups.. Take your pick, Nash? 6 time all NBA, 3 first teams, 6-time all star, 2 time MVP, and has been very successful in the Playoffs. Take any numbers you want about Tracy and throw em out the window because Nash has put up HUGE numbers in HUGE games when it matters, and they win. Billups? Finals MVP, 2 All-Defense teams, 3 All-NBA teams, 4 time all-star, leading his team to seven straight Conference Finals, the prime example of playoff success.

It seems like its a T-Mac vs Nash (or Billiups) argument. While playoff success is important when judging a player's career and legacy, we aretalking about the ten BEST players of the past decade. We can argue all day about Nash winning the MVP award two years in a row, but can we honestly say he wasthe BEST player in the NBA those two years? And yes he has been very successful in the playoffs when compared to T-Mac, but by bringing in playoffs success, wethen can't exclude someone like Chris Webber who has had playoffs success too and was very solid as Kings player. Everyone knows Nash was a solid PG on theMavs, but was he even the second best with Dirk and Finley? T-Mac and Webber have always been the best player on their own team during their best years. Evenon the Rockets, T-Mac was the best player until the last two years. Heck, what about Nash's poor defense that made Mike Bibby look like an all-star duringthe Kings vs Mavs rivalry?

Trying to be objective, I can see the knock on T-Mac. If including playoff success, no way he should be on the list. Make fun of his eye, bad back, no heart,but to say he was just a stat stuffer like someone said is wrong.

Originally Posted by CP1708

can I ask why Paul can't be on the list?

nba_pierce_580.jpg

wink.gif

I'm as big a D Wade fan as anyone on this board.... But what more has Wade done in LESS time than PP?? Both have 1 title. Both have 1 Finals mvp. But PPhas been doing it longer and putting up just as good numbers in that span. PP had KG/Jesus. Wade had Diesel. Bos beat the Lakers (no fluke team). And the Heatbeat Dallas (no fluke team).

I don't see what MORE Wade has done in LESS time.

Someone please explain why Pierce is not on more lists.

Originally Posted by SHUGES

nba_pierce_580.jpg

wink.gif

I'm as big a D Wade fan as anyone on this board.... But what more has Wade done in LESS time than PP?? Both have 1 title. Both have 1 Finals mvp. But PP has been doing it longer and putting up just as good numbers in that span. PP had KG/Jesus. Wade had Diesel. Bos beat the Lakers (no fluke team). And the Heat beat Dallas (no fluke team).

I think hes talkin bout Chris Paul... I could be wrong though

Originally Posted by yungmatt

Originally Posted by SHUGES

nba_pierce_580.jpg

wink.gif

I'm as big a D Wade fan as anyone on this board.... But what more has Wade done in LESS time than PP?? Both have 1 title. Both have 1 Finals mvp. But PP has been doing it longer and putting up just as good numbers in that span. PP had KG/Jesus. Wade had Diesel. Bos beat the Lakers (no fluke team). And the Heat beat Dallas (no fluke team).

I think hes talkin bout Chris Paul... I could be wrong though

"
wink.gif
"

That makes your crime even worse then.

I honestly thought you were talking about CP3 and tried to flip it to PP.

But now you wanna put PAU GASOL over PAUL PIERCE??

I hope you're messing around now.

Originally Posted by JsindaA

Originally Posted by westcoastsfinest

My reasoning for Tim over Kobe and also Shaq over Kobe is how many championships were Tim/Shaq the BIGGEST piece to?

Three questionably four for Timmy, and three for Shaq.

Kobe was the biggest piece to only the past championship.

Kobe's been great the entire decade, pretty much injury free, but when Shaq left, until Pau came to town, the Lakers were mediocre. 04-07 they either got bounced in the first round or didn't even make it to the Playoffs at all (04/05 season).

Timmy Duncan lead the Spurs for the entire decade, and although he was injured for a bit, they were still successful ALL THROUGH the 2000's, minus last years first round exit.

Shaq I can see putting below Kobe, but I just can't put anyone ahead of.
thats 3 for timmy and 4 for kobe and shaq
kobe was the biggest piece to only the past championship?
laugh.gif
what the hell are you talking about?
roll.gif
...first off the biggest piece to that championship was pau...weve had kobe for years! LOL...he and shaq were the perfect duo...are you kidding me?...they were both go to guys on the team...yes shaq was the main man on the team but kobe not the biggest on that 00-04 squads?...and c'mon if you have kwame and smush on your team of course youre gonna be mediocre
laugh.gif
...if youre basing things off finals mvps to say kobe wasnt the biggest piece...then does that mean tony parker was the main man on the spurs 2007 championship since he was the finals mvp?
wink.gif
...but duncan over shaq isnt farfetched

but what do you know...you said the Lakers were done in the first game of last years western conference finals
laugh.gif
eyes.gif
wink.gif

Tell me you aren't trying to say Timmy shouldn't be ahead of Kobe. He's BARELY ahead of Shaq let alone Tim, and that's only becuase of Shaq declining the last 5 years.

what are you talking about?!
laugh.gif
...if you look at my list in the firstpage...i put shaq...duncan and kg over kobe...what i was trying to prove that he made it sound like kobe was irrelevant to those the 3peat years and wasnt abig piece to those championships
laugh.gif

roll.gif

Come on ya'll, you don't think I got jokes at the ready all the time?
nerd.gif

CP3, or Paul Pierce, either of em work for me. They easy in the top 12-15 range, one could make a case they could slide up into the top 10.

CP3 only one year after Bron and Wade, and they both make it in with only 6-7 years on their resume, Shaq was only dominant for 5 years, so CP3 should get alook imo.

And PP was steady and solid for the decade, then added the title in 08, pushin him up in there.

I used Pau as the joke over which Paul, come on now.
wink.gif

My reasoning for Tim over Kobe and also Shaq over Kobe is how many championships were Tim/Shaq the BIGGEST piece to?

Kobe's been great the entire decade, pretty much injury free, but when Shaq left, until Pau came to town, the Lakers were mediocre. 04-07 they either got bounced in the first round or didn't even make it to the Playoffs at all (04/05 season).

Timmy Duncan lead the Spurs for the entire decade, and although he was injured for a bit, they were still successful ALL THROUGH the 2000's, minus last years first round exit.

laugh.gif
roll.gif
...first off the biggest piece to that championship was pau...weve had kobe for years! LOL...he and shaq were the perfect duo...are you kidding me?...they were both go to guys on the team...yes shaq was the main man on the team but kobe not the biggest on that 00-04 squads?...and c'mon if you have kwame and smush on your team of course youre gonna be mediocre
laugh.gif
...if youre basing things off finals mvps to say kobe wasnt the biggest piece...then does that mean tony parker was the main man on the spurs 2007 championship since he was the finals mvp?
wink.gif

but what do you know...you said the Lakers were done in the first game of last years western conference finals
laugh.gif
eyes.gif
wink.gif

Tell me you aren't trying to say Timmy shouldn't be ahead of Kobe. He's BARELY ahead of Shaq let alone Tim, and that's only becuase of Shaq declining the last 5 years.

laugh.gif
...if you look at my list in the first page...i put shaq...duncan and kg over kobe

Why would I go back and look at that list when.......wait a minute you said that Pau was the biggest piece to the past championship?

The f*(k you smoking? THEN you put KG over Kobe?
indifferent.gif
Nodude.....just no.

Nicedude, I can see where you're coming from, but personally I can't put a guy in a top 10 list if he hasn't done anything in the post-season tobump up his rep.

Good thing Mike wasn't in here, dude is so dyslexic that he calls Pau Gasol, Paul Gasol.
smh.gif
laugh.gif

Paul Pierece, Paul Gasol, Chris Paul,
smh.gif
laugh.gif

laugh.gif
Soon as I seen them debating which Paul I was talkin, I knew the Pauname drop would have them on skates.
laugh.gif
pimp.gif

laugh.gif
roll.gif
laugh.gif
wink.gif

laugh.gif
eyes.gif
wink.gif

laugh.gif
...if you look at my list in the first page...i put shaq...duncan and kg over kobe

Why would I go back and look at that list when.......wait a minute you said that Pau was the biggest piece to the past championship?

indifferent.gif
No dude.....just no.

pau was the biggest piece that championship along with kobe...if it wasnt for pau we'd still be mediocre...wait a minute didnt you just ask me i hope idont think duncan shouldnt be ahead of kobe then you trip that i put him..shaq and kg over kobe?...news flash did you not watch garnett in the twolves?...dudewas just overall beast!

second calm down its just NT bro
laugh.gif

laugh.gif
roll.gif
laugh.gif
wink.gif

laugh.gif
eyes.gif
wink.gif

laugh.gif

indifferent.gif
No dude.....just no.

pau was the biggest piece that championship along with kobe...if it wasnt for pau we'd still be mediocre...wait a minute didnt you just ask me i hope i dont think duncan shouldnt be ahead of kobe then you trip that i put him..shaq and kg over kobe?...news flash did you not watch garnett in the twolves?...dude was just overall beast!

second calm down its just NT bro
laugh.gif

Thats like me saying Kobe was the biggest piece to the 3 peat.....no. That would be Shaq, Kobe was a huge piece but not the biggest....just like Pau. Shaq hasbeen declining for 5 years and KG has not been better than Kobe this decade. Yeah he was great in Minny.....while Kobe was great, alongside the most dominantplayer in the league at the time, and got BETTER when Shaq left. They both have an MVP (Kobe should have like 2) and a ring. Kobe has a finals MVP, 4 rings,and has played in 6 finals. There really is no argument for KG over Kobe. None.

Back
Top Bottom