3. Kobe
4. Dirk
5. KG
6. Kidd
7. Nash
8. Mcgrady
9. AI
10. Lebron

I hate these lists because it's hard to factor in guys like Wade, and Lebron.

you have lebron up, but no wade?
and fundamental, you put lebron and wade somewhere around 6-8.
they should be no where near there. they haven't even been in the league for a decade, that being one. and two, what have they accomplished? (besideswade).
they'll be at the top for next decade, thats for sure.

Wade and LeBron are the only two players worth mentioning from 2003 forward.

CP3 is nice, but not nice enough, he'd probably be top 20, 25, he just hasn't been around for a while, that's where you also factor in guys whofinished their careers strong in the early 2000's like Chris Webber.

Originally Posted by Laced Up Jordans

I'm still not understanding how people are putting Kobe at #1 over Timmy. Lots of homerism going on here. Kobe should be at most #2
how does Kobe not have an argument over Timmy? *$%$ outta here..

My reasoning for Tim over Kobe and also Shaq over Kobe is how many championships were Tim/Shaq the BIGGEST piece to?

Three questionably four for Timmy, and three for Shaq.

Kobe was the biggest piece to only the past championship.

Kobe's been great the entire decade, pretty much injury free, but when Shaq left, until Pau came to town, the Lakers were mediocre. 04-07 they either gotbounced in the first round or didn't even make it to the Playoffs at all (04/05 season).

Timmy Duncan lead the Spurs for the entire decade, and although he was injured for a bit, they were still successful ALL THROUGH the 2000's, minus lastyears first round exit.

Shaq I can see putting below Kobe, but I just can't put anyone ahead of.

Originally Posted by BangDak

you have lebron up, but no wade?
and fundamental, you put lebron and wade somewhere around 6-8.
they should be no where near there. they haven't even been in the league for a decade, that being one. and two, what have they accomplished? (besides wade).
they'll be at the top for next decade, thats for sure.
Just because they haven't been in the league for a decade does not mean they haven't accomplished more than their peers. Just becauseLeBron has not win a championship does not mean he doesn't belong right up there. If you think about it, Duncan, Shaq, Kobe, and Garnett should be top 4and the rest are debatable in my opinion.

JA, your arguments on these past 2 pages have flaws, but i cant seem to think what atm. talk about a brain freeze
laugh.gif
smh.gif

i didnt mean that when i said they havn't been in the for over a decade, although it puts them at an disadvantage.
and yes, because lebron hasnt won a ring, he does not belong up there. honestly. when we're talking about the best, every little accomplishment comes up.just like the way tmac has never been out of the 1st round, he'll never be taken seriously, by most people at least.

Originally Posted by JapanAir21

My reasoning for Tim over Kobe and also Shaq over Kobe is how many championships were Tim/Shaq the BIGGEST piece to?

Kobe's been great the entire decade, pretty much injury free, but when Shaq left, until Pau came to town, the Lakers were mediocre. 04-07 they either got bounced in the first round or didn't even make it to the Playoffs at all (04/05 season).

Timmy Duncan lead the Spurs for the entire decade, and although he was injured for a bit, they were still successful ALL THROUGH the 2000's, minus last years first round exit.

Tim's 4th was in 99, which means nothing in this decade. 3 rings total 2000-09

Spurs also were kicked out in the first round in 2000 as well.

So basically, the Spurs were out in the first round 2 times, the Lakers were out in the first round 2 times.

The only thing you have left is Kobe missed the playoffs one whole season. But made the finals 6 times. Tim made the finals 3 times.

But I guess that one playoff non season holds more weight.
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by CP1708

Kobe's been great the entire decade, pretty much injury free, but when Shaq left, until Pau came to town, the Lakers were mediocre. 04-07 they either got bounced in the first round or didn't even make it to the Playoffs at all (04/05 season).

Timmy Duncan lead the Spurs for the entire decade, and although he was injured for a bit, they were still successful ALL THROUGH the 2000's, minus last years first round exit.

Tim's 4th was in 99, which means zero in this decade.

Spurs also were kicked out in the first round in 2000 as well.

So basically, the Spurs were out in the first round 2 times, the Lakers were out in the first round 2 times.

The only thing you have left is Kobe missed the playoffs one whole season. But made the finals 6 times. Tim made the finals 3 times.

But I guess that one playoff non season holds more weight.
laugh.gif
WHAAAAAAATTT?

Meaning he has 3 rings this decade, the 4th one he has (his first) doesn't count for this specific decade. Make sense?

Originally Posted by JsindaA

Yea
laugh.gif
I was looking like wait....does he realize TD has 3 this decade?

Oh damn it, I see what you mean, I should have said means nothing this decade instead of means zero.
laugh.gif

My bad on that if anyone else gets confused. I'll edit.

Originally Posted by I NaSmatic I

Duncan didn't play in the playoffs in 2000, out with an injury.
I know, but sssshhhhhh, that doesn't matter. He's still better then anybody ever.
nerd.gif
wink.gif

thats 3 for timmy and 4 for kobe and shaq
kobe was the biggest piece to only the past championship?
laugh.gif
what thehell are you talking about?
roll.gif
...first off the biggest piece to thatchampionship was pau...weve had kobe for years! LOL...he and shaq were the perfect duo...are you kidding me?...they were both go to guys on the team...yes shaqwas the main man on the team but kobe not the biggest on that 00-04 squads?...and c'mon if you have kwame and smush on your team of course youre gonna bemediocre
laugh.gif
...if youre basing things off finals mvps to say kobe wasnt thebiggest piece...then does that mean tony parker was the main man on the spurs 2007 championship since he was the finals mvp?
wink.gif
...but duncan over shaq isnt farfetched

but what do you know...you said the Lakers were done in the first game of last years western conference finals
laugh.gif
eyes.gif
wink.gif

Originally Posted by westcoastsfinest

thats 3 for timmy and 4 for kobe and shaq
kobe was the biggest piece to only the past championship?
laugh.gif
what the hell are you talking about?
roll.gif
...first off the biggest piece to that championship was pau...weve had kobe for years! LOL...he and shaq were the perfect duo...are you kidding me?...they were both go to guys on the team...yes shaq was the main man on the team but kobe not the biggest on that 00-04 squads?...and c'mon if you have kwame and smush on your team of course youre gonna be mediocre
laugh.gif
...if youre basing things off finals mvps to say kobe wasnt the biggest piece...then does that mean tony parker was the main man on the spurs 2007 championship since he was the finals mvp?
wink.gif
...but duncan over shaq isnt farfetched

but what do you know...you said the Lakers were done in the first game of last years western conference finals
laugh.gif
eyes.gif
wink.gif

Tell me you aren't trying to say Timmy shouldn't be ahead of Kobe. He's BARELY ahead of Shaq let alone Tim, and that's only becuase of Shaqdeclining the last 5 years.

Say what you want, but how can a two time mvp, not be on people's list is phenomonal to me.....

1.Tim Duncan-3 rings, mulitiple mvp's, finals mvp's, all star appearances multiple, all star mvp, enough said.
2.Shaquille O'neal-4 rings, mvp, lead the league in scoring in this decade, all star mvp, multiple all star appearances, enough said
3.Kobe Bryant-4 rings, finals mvp, league mvp, 81,lead the league in scoring twice, 2x all star mvp,could go on
4.Kevin Garnett-1 ring, consistently carried the minnesota timberwolves during his stretch there. Multiple 20/10 seasons, all star mvp, multiple all starappearances
5.Allen Iverson-Finals apperance, has one of the highest scoring avg's in finals history, lead the league in scoring 4x's,60 pt game, 2x all star mvp,could go on
7.Dirk notwiski-finals appearance, league mvp, one of the highest scoring avg's for a 4 man in league history in this decade, multiple all starappearances, could go on
6.Paul Pierce-Finals mvp, one ring, multiple all star appearances, scored at a very high clip during the sour days in boston, could go on
8.Chauncey Billups-4x's all star, finals mvp, 1 ring, multiple conference finals appearances, one of the greatest assist to To's ratio in history
9.Steve Nash-multiple all star, multiple mvp's, lead league in assist multiple times, 60 win season(s),
10.Jason Kidd-multiple all star, lead league in assist multiple times, couple finals appearances,....

Debate on this list.....

Originally Posted by Clutchshooter

01- Whooped by the Bucks in 4, averaged about 33/6/8, but they still lost, plus 41% from the field. The team they lost to was one of the better ones, with Ray Allen, Glenn Robinson, Sam Cassell, Tim THomas, Lindsey Hunter. The Magic had Tracy, Darrell, Pat Garrity, Bo Outlaw, Mike Miller and a bunch of other dudes with not too much significance.

02- Lose in 4 again to the Hornets, averaging 30/6/5, and lost again. Not a terrible team, they had Ewing at the end of his career!
laugh.gif
, but also had Darrell Armstrong,Troy Hudson, Mike Miller, and Pat Garrity, yeah they got destroyed.
laugh.gif
Thing is they lost to Baron, David Wesley, Elden Campbell, Magloire, PJ Brown, and Stacey Augmon, Tracy could do better than that.

03- A little better team this year, had Drew Gooden who was realyl good for them, averaging 14/13 in the Playoffs, they had Vaughn, Giricek, and Shawn Kemp too, Tracy averaged 32 7 and 5, but still lost to some guys named the Pistons.
laugh.gif
. Took em to seven, but choked it away, losing three straight. After going 2-1, Tracy shot about 35% for the rest of the 4 games in that series.
do you realize that stating McGrady's massive playoff numbers and then stating his team still managed to lose doesnt help your argument?

a star player can only do so much.
Vaughn, Giricek, and Shawn Kemp too,
i mean you're saying should have won a series because they had jacques vaughn, gordon giricek, and a POST CAVS SHAWN KEMP.
laugh.gif
A certain star player carried the damn SIXERS to the FINALS. He's had his chance to get out of the first round, and he failed, on multiple occasions. You go to 3 game sevens and you can't close out any of those times.

The players I listed were not that great, but they sure helped more than the scrubs that were on the rest of the teams. Were they good talent? No not really, but even when Tracy HAD some players around him, like when he had Vince, or when he had Battier/Yao healthy, still came up short. Not to mention you win in the first round WITHOUT him? That doesn't sit well in my stomach.

Averaging 30/5/5 but shooting 40% is going to lead you no where fast. No those aren't his exact numbers, but when it matters, that's about right. Give me someone who can win a series over someone who puts up good stats, anyday.

There is not a chance in hell I can put Tracy over someone like Nash, or Billups, and honestly I was iffy on Iverson. Hell someone like Shawn Marion puts up numbers like 36/20, 32/19, 20/15, 39/9, 19/19, 24/13 in a postseason where their team wins, that's a lot more impressive to me than saying I got 30/5/5 and shot 40% and my team lost.

Any of the players listed could at least carry a bare-boned team to at least the second round, Tracy didn't do that, despite numerous efforts. He's also been injury-prone most of the decade. So does Grant Hill/Penny Hardaway deserve to be Top-10 of the 90s? I wouldn't put them on there. Could they have been? Sure, but they both were on crutches most of their career.

Nash is phenomenal in the post-season, so he hasn't made it to the Finals, big deal. They just couldn't get past the Spurs. He went from being an above-average PG in Dallas to being an elite PG in Phoenix. But he ALWAYS shot well, he ALWAYS passed well, those Phoenix teams just had tons of success because there were athletes. Nash put his team on his back in 05 to beat Dallas after being 2-2, and int he prior game put up a phenomenal 48. The next two games he closed out with 34/12/13 and 39/12/9 to destroy the Mavericks. If McGrady was on that level, he should be able to put his team on his back for a game or two to close-out a series.

He's in that second-tier, 11-20 group, he has no business being in top 10 for ZERO playoff success and being oft injured.

And SHUGHES, PP is probably 11 for me on my list, I'd take Iverson off and put PP in probably.

My 11-15 would probably consist of Webber, PP, Vince, Tracy, Chauncey. If I put more thought into it I could pound out five more names to fill out a top 20, but I just can't think of anyone who comes to mind, TP? Manu? Shawn Marion? JO? I don't know, probably TP, Manu, Marion, maybe Yao and Carmelo maybe. I'm sure I'm missing an obvious choice that was good in the early 2000s, maybe sneak in a Steve Francis in there somewhere.

Wow, this will be really fun. Yet another T-Mac discussion for me.

First of all, when making these lists, it's hard to either include or not include post season success. Everyone knows what is wrong with T-Mac'scareer, no playoffs success and he's often injured.

You listed some summary of T-Mac's past post season failures. If an objective person would have read it, what do you think they will say? That T-Maccouldn't lead his team out of the first round because he couldn't bring it in the playoffs or wow, those Orlando Magic teams really sucked when thesecond best player doesn't even start on their current team at their prime now (please see Mike Miller and Drew Gooden). T-Mac, being the leader and bestplayer on the team, will take the blame, but don't act like they were favorites to win any of those series. What is also amazing is that T-Mac actually hasbetter stats in the playoffs then in the regular season. Not so sure about not stepping up. Please remember that it takes 5...
smile.gif

You mentioned the 2000-01 76ers. Do you really want to go there? Do you really want to compare the 76ers to the Orlando Magic? Not even going into details, butthey tied with the Lakers for the best record in the league. Do you remember Dikembe? Do you remember the team defense from that team? Yes, Tyrone Hill > BoOutlaw and Pat Garrity at the 4!

Toronto Raptors days? Not his team and not this decade.

Houston Rockets. Really the start of the incurable injuries... smh. Depth was always an issue until this past season (thank you mr. morey). The first playoffsseries with the Mavs, do you remember who was the third best player on the Rockets? Everyone knew about Yao and T-Mac... No, Battier wasn't even on theteam. The last two series against the Jazz can be blamed on T-Mac. He had no answer for Boozer, Williams, Okur, and AK's defense. Yao's defense againstBoozer and Okur was also amazing.

Actually, T-Mac's playoffs average are 29-7-6 at 43%. Now comparing % to Nash will be a fail for T-Mac, but please look up the career FG % of comparableshooting guards that are age 30+ (VC, PP, AI, Kobe, Allen) and you will see the differences are not enormous.

You know what is amazing, I can't wait to see Amare healthy and see if Nash can carry his team to the playoffs and out of the first round. You make itsound like it's that easy for any superstar to be on a bare-boned team and win in the playoffs... Last two years were a fail for Nash. No excuses for nothaving Amare and having your offense ruined by an old Shaq right?

Tim Duncan:

[table][tr][td]1997-98[/td] [td]San Antonio[/td] [td]82[/td] [td]82[/td] [td]39.1[/td] [td].549[/td] [td].000[/td] [td].662[/td] [td]11.9[/td] [td]2.7[/td] [td].7[/td] [td]2.5[/td] [td]21.1[/td] [/tr][tr][td]1998-99[/td] [td]San Antonio[/td] [td]50[/td] [td]50[/td] [td]39.3[/td] [td].495[/td] [td].143[/td] [td].690[/td] [td]11.4[/td] [td]2.4[/td] [td].9[/td] [td]2.5[/td] [td]21.7[/td] [/tr][tr][td]1999-00[/td] [td]San Antonio[/td] [td]74[/td] [td]74[/td] [td]38.9[/td] [td].490[/td] [td].091[/td] [td].761[/td] [td]12.4[/td] [td]3.2[/td] [td].9[/td] [td]2.2[/td] [td]23.2[/td] [/tr][tr][td]2000-01[/td] [td]San Antonio[/td] [td]82[/td] [td]82[/td] [td]38.7[/td] [td].499[/td] [td].259[/td] [td].618[/td] [td]12.2[/td] [td]3.0[/td] [td].9[/td] [td]2.3[/td] [td]22.2[/td] [/tr][tr][td]2001-02[/td] [td]San Antonio[/td] [td]82[/td] [td]82[/td] [td]40.6[/td] [td].508[/td] [td].100[/td] [td].799[/td] [td]12.7[/td] [td]3.7[/td] [td].7[/td] [td]2.5[/td] [td]25.5[/td] [/tr][tr][td]2002-03[/td] [td]San Antonio[/td] [td]81[/td] [td]81[/td] [td]39.3[/td] [td].513[/td] [td].273[/td] [td].710[/td] [td]12.9[/td] [td]3.9[/td] [td].7[/td] [td]2.9[/td] [td]23.3[/td] [/tr][tr][td]2003-04[/td] [td]San Antonio[/td] [td]69[/td] [td]68[/td] [td]36.6[/td] [td].501[/td] [td].167[/td] [td].599[/td] [td]12.4[/td] [td]3.1[/td] [td].9[/td] [td]2.7[/td] [td]22.3[/td] [/tr][tr][td]2004-05[/td] [td]San Antonio[/td] [td]66[/td] [td]66[/td] [td]33.4[/td] [td].496[/td] [td].333[/td] [td].670[/td] [td]11.1[/td] [td]2.7[/td] [td].7[/td] [td]2.6[/td] [td]20.3[/td] [/tr][tr][td]2005-06[/td] [td]San Antonio[/td] [td]80[/td] [td]80[/td] [td]34.8[/td] [td].484[/td] [td].400[/td] [td].629[/td] [td]11.0[/td] [td]3.2[/td] [td].9[/td] [td]2.0[/td] [td]18.6[/td] [/tr][tr][td]2006-07[/td] [td]San Antonio[/td] [td]80[/td] [td]80[/td] [td]34.1[/td] [td].546[/td] [td].111[/td] [td].637[/td] [td]10.6[/td] [td]3.4[/td] [td].8[/td] [td]2.4[/td] [td]20.0[/td] [/tr][tr][td]2007-08[/td] [td]San Antonio[/td] [td]78[/td] [td]78[/td] [td]34.0[/td] [td].497[/td] [td].000[/td] [td].730[/td] [td]11.3[/td] [td]2.8[/td] [td].7[/td] [td]2.0[/td] [td]19.3[/td] [/tr][tr][td]2008-09[/td] [td]San Antonio[/td] [td]75[/td] [td]75[/td] [td]33.6[/td] [td].504[/td] [td].000[/td] [td].692[/td] [td]10.7[/td] [td]3.5[/td] [td].5[/td] [td]1.7[/td] [td]19.3[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Career[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]899[/td] [td]898[/td] [td]36.9[/td] [td].507[/td] [td].188[/td] [td].685[/td] [td]11.7[/td] [td]3.2[/td] [td].8[/td] [td]2.3[/td] [td]21.4[/td] [/tr][tr][td]All-Star[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]11[/td] [td]10[/td] [td]23.8[/td] [td].584[/td] [td].333[/td] [td].800[/td] [td]10.6[/td] [td]2.5[/td] [td].8[/td] [td].7[/td] [td]11.9[/td] [/tr][/table][h3][edit] Playoffs[/h3][table][tr][th=""]Year [/th] [th=""]Team [/th] [th=""]GP [/th] [th=""]GS [/th] [th=""]MPG [/th] [th=""]FG% [/th] [th=""]3P% [/th] [th=""]FT% [/th] [th=""]RPG [/th] [th=""]APG [/th] [th=""]SPG [/th] [th=""]BPG [/th] [th=""]PPG [/th] [/tr][tr][td]1997-98[/td] [td]San Antonio[/td] [td]9[/td] [td]9[/td] [td]41.6[/td] [td].521[/td] [td].000[/td] [td].667[/td] [td]9.0[/td] [td]1.9[/td] [td].6[/td] [td]2.6[/td] [td]20.7[/td] [/tr][tr][td]1998-99[/td] [td]San Antonio[/td] [td]17[/td] [td]17[/td] [td]43.1[/td] [td].511[/td] [td].000[/td] [td].748[/td] [td]11.5[/td] [td]2.8[/td] [td].8[/td] [td]2.7[/td] [td]23.2[/td] [/tr][tr][td]2000-01[/td] [td]San Antonio[/td] [td]13[/td] [td]13[/td] [td]40.5[/td] [td].488[/td] [td]1.000[/td] [td].639[/td] [td]14.5[/td] [td]3.8[/td] [td]1.1[/td] [td]2.7[/td] [td]24.4[/td] [/tr][tr][td]2001-02[/td] [td]San Antonio[/td] [td]9[/td] [td]9[/td] [td]42.2[/td] [td].453[/td] [td].333[/td] [td].822[/td] [td]14.4[/td] [td]5.0[/td] [td].7[/td] [td]4.3[/td] [td]27.6[/td] [/tr][tr][td]2002-03[/td] [td]San Antonio[/td] [td]24[/td] [td]24[/td] [td]42.5[/td] [td].529[/td] [td].000[/td] [td].677[/td] [td]15.4[/td] [td]5.3[/td] [td].6[/td] [td]3.3[/td] [td]24.7[/td] [/tr][tr][td]2003-04[/td] [td]San Antonio[/td] [td]10[/td] [td]10[/td] [td]40.5[/td] [td].522[/td] [td].000[/td] [td].632[/td] [td]11.3[/td] [td]3.2[/td] [td].8[/td] [td]2.0[/td] [td]22.1[/td] [/tr][tr][td]2004-05[/td] [td]San Antonio[/td] [td]23[/td] [td]23[/td] [td]37.8[/td] [td].464[/td] [td].200[/td] [td].717[/td] [td]12.4[/td] [td]2.7[/td] [td].3[/td] [td]2.3[/td] [td]23.6[/td] [/tr][tr][td]2005-06[/td] [td]San Antonio[/td] [td]13[/td] [td]13[/td] [td]37.9[/td] [td].573[/td] [td].000[/td] [td].718[/td] [td]10.5[/td] [td]3.3[/td] [td].9[/td] [td]1.9[/td] [td]25.8[/td] [/tr][tr][td]2006-07[/td] [td]San Antonio[/td] [td]20[/td] [td]20[/td] [td]36.8[/td] [td].521[/td] [td].000[/td] [td].644[/td] [td]11.5[/td] [td]3.3[/td] [td].6[/td] [td]3.1[/td] [td]22.2[/td] [/tr][tr][td]2007-08[/td] [td]San Antonio[/td] [td]17[/td] [td]17[/td] [td]39.2[/td] [td].449[/td] [td].200[/td] [td].626[/td] [td]14.5[/td] [td]3.3[/td] [td].9[/td] [td]2.1[/td] [td]20.2[/td] [/tr][tr][td]2008-09[/td] [td]San Antonio[/td] [td]5[/td] [td]5[/td] [td]32.8[/td] [td].532[/td] [td].000[/td] [td].607[/td] [td]8.0[/td] [td]3.2[/td] [td].6[/td] [td]1.2[/td] [td]19.8[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Career[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]160[/td] [td]160[/td] [td]39.8[/td] [td].501[/td] [td].143[/td] [td].689[/td] [td]12.6[/td] [td]3.5[/td] [td].7[/td] [td]2.6[/td] [td]23.3[/td] [/tr][/table]
(DISREGARD THE SEASONS BEFORE 1999-200)

Accomplishments:
- 4-time NBA Champion (1999,2003,2005,2007)
- 2-time NBA MVP (2002, 2003)
- 3-time NBA FINALS MVP (1999,2003,2005)
- 10+ Time ALL NBA, ALL STAR, ALL DEFENSIVE

Spurs Record With Timmy:

[table][tr][td]2008-09[/td] [td]San Antonio[/td] [td]54[/td] [td]28[/td] [td].659[/td] [td]1st[/td] [td]Southwest Division[/td] [td]1[/td] [td]4[/td] [td].200[/td] [td]Lost West Conf 1st Rd[/td] [/tr][tr][td]2007-08[/td] [td]San Antonio[/td] [td]56[/td] [td]26[/td] [td].683[/td] [td]2nd[/td] [td]Southwest Division[/td] [td]9[/td] [td]8[/td] [td].529[/td] [td]Lost West Conf Finals[/td] [/tr][tr][td]2006-07[/td] [td]San Antonio[/td] [td]58[/td] [td]24[/td] [td].707[/td] [td]2nd[/td] [td]Southwest Division[/td] [td]16[/td] [td]4[/td] [td].800[/td] [td]
nba_trophy.gif
Won NBA Finals
[/td] [/tr][tr][td]2005-06[/td] [td]San Antonio[/td] [td]63[/td] [td]19[/td] [td]768[/td] [td]1st[/td] [td]Southwest Division[/td] [td]7[/td] [td]6[/td] [td].538[/td] [td]Lost West Conf Semis[/td] [/tr][tr][td]2004-05[/td] [td]San Antonio[/td] [td]59[/td] [td]23[/td] [td].720[/td] [td]1st[/td] [td]Southwest Division[/td] [td]16[/td] [td]7[/td] [td].696[/td] [td]
nba_trophy.gif
Won NBA Finals
[/td] [/tr][tr][td]2003-04[/td] [td]San Antonio[/td] [td]57[/td] [td]25[/td] [td].695[/td] [td]2nd[/td] [td]Midwest Division[/td] [td]6[/td] [td]4[/td] [td].600[/td] [td]Lost West Conf Semis[/td] [/tr][tr][td]2002-03[/td] [td]San Antonio[/td] [td]60[/td] [td]22[/td] [td].732[/td] [td]1st[/td] [td]Midwest Division[/td] [td]16[/td] [td]9[/td] [td].640[/td] [td]
nba_trophy.gif
Won NBA Finals
[/td] [/tr][tr][td]2001-02[/td] [td]San Antonio[/td] [td]58[/td] [td]24[/td] [td].707[/td] [td]1st[/td] [td]Midwest Division[/td] [td]4[/td] [td]6[/td] [td].400[/td] [td]Lost West Conf Semis[/td] [/tr][tr][td]2000-01[/td] [td]San Antonio[/td] [td]58[/td] [td]24[/td] [td].707[/td] [td]1st[/td] [td]Midwest Division[/td] [td]7[/td] [td]6[/td] [td].538[/td] [td]Lost West Conf Finals[/td] [/tr][tr][td]1999-00[/td] [td]San Antonio[/td] [td]53[/td] [td]29[/td] [td].646[/td] [td]2nd[/td] [td]Midwest Division[/td] [td]1[/td] [td]3[/td] [td].250[/td] [td]Lost West Conf 1st Rd[/td] [/tr][/table]
Tim had David Robinson until 2002. Manu didnt come to the Spurs in 2002-2003 and didnt really do that much. Tony Parker didnt join till 2002 and we all knowthat he was on the verge of being replaced by J.Kidd his early years.

Kobe Bryant:

[table][tr][td]1996-97[/td] [td]L.A. Lakers[/td] [td]71[/td] [td]6[/td] [td]15.5[/td] [td].417[/td] [td].375[/td] [td].819[/td] [td]1.9[/td] [td]1.3[/td] [td].7[/td] [td].3[/td] [td]7.6[/td] [/tr][tr][td]1997-98[/td] [td]L.A. Lakers[/td] [td]79[/td] [td]1[/td] [td]26.0[/td] [td].428[/td] [td].341[/td] [td].794[/td] [td]3.1[/td] [td]2.5[/td] [td].9[/td] [td].5[/td] [td]15.4[/td] [/tr][tr][td]1998-99[/td] [td]L.A. Lakers[/td] [td]50[/td] [td]50[/td] [td]37.9[/td] [td].465[/td] [td].267[/td] [td].839[/td] [td]5.3[/td] [td]3.8[/td] [td]1.4[/td] [td]1.0[/td] [td]19.9[/td] [/tr][tr][td]1999-00[/td] [td]L.A. Lakers[/td] [td]66[/td] [td]62[/td] [td]38.2[/td] [td].468[/td] [td].319[/td] [td].821[/td] [td]6.3[/td] [td]4.9[/td] [td]1.6[/td] [td].9[/td] [td]22.5[/td] [/tr][tr][td]2000-01[/td] [td]L.A. Lakers[/td] [td]68[/td] [td]68[/td] [td]40.9[/td] [td].464[/td] [td].305[/td] [td].853[/td] [td]5.9[/td] [td]5.0[/td] [td]1.7[/td] [td].6[/td] [td]28.5[/td] [/tr][tr][td]2001-02[/td] [td]L.A. Lakers[/td] [td]80[/td] [td]80[/td] [td]38.3[/td] [td].469[/td] [td].250[/td] [td].829[/td] [td]5.5[/td] [td]5.5[/td] [td]1.5[/td] [td].4[/td] [td]25.2[/td] [/tr][tr][td]2002-03[/td] [td]L.A. Lakers[/td] [td]82[/td] [td]82[/td] [td]41.5[/td] [td].451[/td] [td].383[/td] [td].843[/td] [td]6.9[/td] [td]5.9[/td] [td]2.2[/td] [td].8[/td] [td]30.0[/td] [/tr][tr][td]2003-04[/td] [td]L.A. Lakers[/td] [td]65[/td] [td]64[/td] [td]37.6[/td] [td].438[/td] [td].327[/td] [td].852[/td] [td]5.5[/td] [td]5.1[/td] [td]1.7[/td] [td].4[/td] [td]24.0[/td] [/tr][tr][td]2004-05[/td] [td]L.A. Lakers[/td] [td]66[/td] [td]66[/td] [td]40.7[/td] [td].433[/td] [td].339[/td] [td].816[/td] [td]5.9[/td] [td]6.0[/td] [td]1.3[/td] [td].8[/td] [td]27.6[/td] [/tr][tr][td]2005-06[/td] [td]L.A. Lakers[/td] [td]80[/td] [td]80[/td] [td]41.0[/td] [td].450[/td] [td].347[/td] [td].850[/td] [td]5.3[/td] [td]4.5[/td] [td]1.8[/td] [td].4[/td] [td]35.4[/td] [/tr][tr][td]2006-07[/td] [td]L.A. Lakers[/td] [td]77[/td] [td]77[/td] [td]40.8[/td] [td].463[/td] [td].344[/td] [td].868[/td] [td]5.7[/td] [td]5.4[/td] [td]1.4[/td] [td].5[/td] [td]31.6[/td] [/tr][tr][td]2007-08[/td] [td]L.A. Lakers[/td] [td]82[/td] [td]82[/td] [td]38.9[/td] [td].459[/td] [td].361[/td] [td].840[/td] [td]6.3[/td] [td]5.4[/td] [td]1.8[/td] [td].5[/td] [td]28.3[/td] [/tr][tr][td]2008-09[/td] [td]L.A. Lakers[/td] [td]82[/td] [td]82[/td] [td]36.1[/td] [td].467[/td] [td].351[/td] [td].856[/td] [td]5.2[/td] [td]4.9[/td] [td]1.5[/td] [td].4[/td] [td]26.8[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Career[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]948[/td] [td]800[/td] [td]36.4[/td] [td].455[/td] [td].341[/td] [td].840[/td] [td]5.3[/td] [td]4.6[/td] [td]1.5[/td] [td].5[/td] [td]25.1[/td] [/tr][tr][td]All-Star[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]11[/td] [td]11[/td] [td]27.1[/td] [td].503[/td] [td].354[/td] [td].778[/td] [td]4.5[/td] [td]4.6[/td] [td]2.7[/td] [td].4[/td] [td]18.8[/td] [/tr][/table][h3]Playoffs[/h3][table][tr][th=""]Year [/th] [th=""]Team [/th] [th=""]GP [/th] [th=""]GS [/th] [th=""]MPG [/th] [th=""]FG% [/th] [th=""]3P% [/th] [th=""]FT% [/th] [th=""]RPG [/th] [th=""]APG [/th] [th=""]SPG [/th] [th=""]BPG [/th] [th=""]PPG [/th] [/tr][tr][td]1996-97[/td] [td]L.A. Lakers[/td] [td]9[/td] [td]0[/td] [td]14.8[/td] [td].382[/td] [td].261[/td] [td].867[/td] [td]1.2[/td] [td]1.2[/td] [td].3[/td] [td].2[/td] [td]8.2[/td] [/tr][tr][td]1997-98[/td] [td]L.A. Lakers[/td] [td]11[/td] [td]0[/td] [td]20.0[/td] [td].408[/td] [td].214[/td] [td].689[/td] [td]1.9[/td] [td]1.5[/td] [td].3[/td] [td].7[/td] [td]8.7[/td] [/tr][tr][td]1998-99[/td] [td]L.A. Lakers[/td] [td]8[/td] [td]8[/td] [td]39.4[/td] [td].430[/td] [td].348[/td] [td].800[/td] [td]6.9[/td] [td]4.6[/td] [td]1.9[/td] [td]1.2[/td] [td]19.8[/td] [/tr][tr][td]1999-00[/td] [td]L.A. Lakers[/td] [td]22[/td] [td]22[/td] [td]39.0[/td] [td].442[/td] [td].344[/td] [td].754[/td] [td]4.5[/td] [td]4.4[/td] [td]1.5[/td] [td]1.5[/td] [td]21.1[/td] [/tr][tr][td]2000-01[/td] [td]L.A. Lakers[/td] [td]16[/td] [td]16[/td] [td]43.4[/td] [td].469[/td] [td].324[/td] [td].821[/td] [td]7.3[/td] [td]6.1[/td] [td]1.6[/td] [td].8[/td] [td]29.4[/td] [/tr][tr][td]2001-02[/td] [td]L.A. Lakers[/td] [td]19[/td] [td]19[/td] [td]43.8[/td] [td].434[/td] [td].379[/td] [td].759[/td] [td]5.8[/td] [td]4.6[/td] [td]1.4[/td] [td].9[/td] [td]26.6[/td] [/tr][tr][td]2002-03[/td] [td]L.A. Lakers[/td] [td]12[/td] [td]12[/td] [td]44.3[/td] [td].432[/td] [td].403[/td] [td].827[/td] [td]5.1[/td] [td]5.2[/td] [td]1.2[/td] [td].1[/td] [td]32.1[/td] [/tr][tr][td]2003-04[/td] [td]L.A. Lakers[/td] [td]22[/td] [td]22[/td] [td]44.2[/td] [td].413[/td] [td].247[/td] [td].813[/td] [td]4.7[/td] [td]5.5[/td] [td]1.9[/td] [td].3[/td] [td]24.5[/td] [/tr][tr][td]2005-06[/td] [td]L.A. Lakers[/td] [td]7[/td] [td]7[/td] [td]44.9[/td] [td].497[/td] [td].400[/td] [td].771[/td] [td]6.3[/td] [td]5.1[/td] [td]1.1[/td] [td].4[/td] [td]27.9[/td] [/tr][tr][td]2006-07[/td] [td]L.A. Lakers[/td] [td]5[/td] [td]5[/td] [td]43.0[/td] [td].462[/td] [td].357[/td] [td].919[/td] [td]5.2[/td] [td]4.4[/td] [td]1.0[/td] [td].4[/td] [td]32.8[/td] [/tr][tr][td]2007-08[/td] [td]L.A. Lakers[/td] [td]21[/td] [td]21[/td] [td]41.1[/td] [td].479[/td] [td].302[/td] [td].809[/td] [td]5.7[/td] [td]5.6[/td] [td]1.7[/td] [td].4[/td] [td]30.1[/td] [/tr][tr][td]2008-09[/td] [td]L.A. Lakers[/td] [td]23[/td] [td]23[/td] [td]40.8[/td] [td].457[/td] [td].349[/td] [td].883[/td] [td]5.3[/td] [td]5.5[/td] [td]1.7[/td] [td].9[/td] [td]30.2[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Career[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]175[/td] [td]155[/td] [td]39.4[/td] [td].447[/td] [td].329[/td] [td].811[/td] [td]5.1[/td] [td]4.7[/td] [td]1.4[/td] [td].7[/td] [td]25.0[/td] [/tr][/table]
(Disregard anything before 1999-2000)

Accomplishments:
- 4-time NBA Champion (2000,2001,2002,2009)
- 1-time NBA MVP (2008)
- 1-time NBA Finals MVP (2009)
- 10+ time ALL NBA and ALL STAR
- 9-time ALL DEFENSE

[table][tr][td]2008-09[/td] [td]Los Angeles[/td] [td]65[/td] [td]17[/td] [td].793[/td] [td]1st[/td] [td]Pacific Division[/td] [td]16[/td] [td]7[/td] [td].696[/td] [td]
nba_trophy.gif
Won NBA Finals
[/td] [/tr][tr][td]2007-08[/td] [td]Los Angeles[/td] [td]57[/td] [td]25[/td] [td].695[/td] [td]1st[/td] [td]Pacific Division[/td] [td]14[/td] [td]7[/td] [td].667[/td] [td]Lost NBA Finals[/td] [/tr][tr][td]2006-07[/td] [td]Los Angeles[/td] [td]42[/td] [td]40[/td] [td].512[/td] [td]2nd[/td] [td]Pacific Division[/td] [td]1[/td] [td]4[/td] [td].200[/td] [td]Lost West Conf 1st Rd[/td] [/tr][tr][td]2005-06[/td] [td]Los Angeles[/td] [td]45[/td] [td]37[/td] [td].549[/td] [td]3rd[/td] [td]Pacific Division[/td] [td]3[/td] [td]4[/td] [td].429[/td] [td]Lost West Conf 1st Rd[/td] [/tr][tr][td]2004-05[/td] [td]Los Angeles[/td] [td]34[/td] [td]48[/td] [td].415[/td] [td]4th[/td] [td]Pacific Division[/td] [td]-[/td] [td]-[/td] [td]-[/td] [td]DNQ[/td] [/tr][tr][td]2003-04[/td] [td]Los Angeles[/td] [td]56[/td] [td]26[/td] [td].683[/td] [td]1st[/td] [td]Pacific Division[/td] [td]13[/td] [td]9[/td] [td].591[/td] [td]Lost NBA Finals[/td] [/tr][tr][td]2002-03[/td] [td]Los Angeles[/td] [td]50[/td] [td]32[/td] [td].610[/td] [td]2nd[/td] [td]Pacific Division[/td] [td]6[/td] [td]6[/td] [td].500[/td] [td]Lost West Conf Semis[/td] [/tr][tr][td]2001-02[/td] [td]Los Angeles[/td] [td]58[/td] [td]24[/td] [td].707[/td] [td]2nd[/td] [td]Pacific Division[/td] [td]15[/td] [td]4[/td] [td].789[/td] [td]
nba_trophy.gif
Won NBA Finals
[/td] [/tr][tr][td]2000-01[/td] [td]Los Angeles[/td] [td]56[/td] [td]26[/td] [td].683[/td] [td]1st[/td] [td]Pacific Division[/td] [td]15[/td] [td]1[/td] [td].938[/td] [td]
nba_trophy.gif
Won NBA Finals
[/td] [/tr][tr][td]1999-00[/td] [td]Los Angeles[/td] [td]67[/td] [td]15[/td] [td].817[/td] [td]1st[/td] [td]Pacific Division[/td] [td]15[/td] [td]8[/td] [td].652[/td] [td]
nba_trophy.gif
Won NBA Finals
[/td] [/tr][/table]
I think we can all agree that Kobe was a big part of the Lakers winning those 3 championships but Shaq was THE MAIN MAN on that team and the one EVERY teamfeared even coming up with "Hack-A-Shaq". My point is that Kobe couldnt do nothing without Shaq and run the show by himself until that trade forGasol and Odom. Tim Duncan had a over the hill Robinson and rookies Manu and TP (who were NOWHERE near what they are today) during those early '00 yearsand did more with less.

The only spot that matter is the #1 spot

And if anyone who doesn't put Duncan or Shaq in that spot losses credibility.

Originally Posted by nycknicks105

The only spot that matter is the #1 spot

And if anyone who doesn't put Duncan or Shaq in that spot losses credibility.
How are people going to call Timmy the greatest PF ever and not have him #1 in the decade he played in?..

Originally Posted by shoeking2101

Say what you want, but how can a two time mvp, not be on people's list is phenomonal to me.....

1.Tim Duncan-3 rings, mulitiple mvp's, finals mvp's, all star appearances multiple, all star mvp, enough said.
2.Shaquille O'neal-4 rings, mvp, lead the league in scoring in this decade, all star mvp, multiple all star appearances, enough said
3.Kobe Bryant-4 rings, finals mvp, league mvp, 81,lead the league in scoring twice, 2x all star mvp,could go on
4.Kevin Garnett-1 ring, consistently carried the minnesota timberwolves during his stretch there. Multiple 20/10 seasons, all star mvp, multiple all star appearances
5.Allen Iverson-Finals apperance, has one of the highest scoring avg's in finals history, lead the league in scoring 4x's,60 pt game, 2x all star mvp, could go on
7.Dirk notwiski-finals appearance, league mvp, one of the highest scoring avg's for a 4 man in league history in this decade, multiple all star appearances, could go on
6.Paul Pierce-Finals mvp, one ring, multiple all star appearances, scored at a very high clip during the sour days in boston, could go on
8.Chauncey Billups-4x's all star, finals mvp, 1 ring, multiple conference finals appearances, one of the greatest assist to To's ratio in history
9.Steve Nash-multiple all star, multiple mvp's, lead league in assist multiple times, 60 win season(s),
10.Jason Kidd-multiple all star, lead league in assist multiple times, couple finals appearances,....

Debate on this list.....
i would put wade over PP all day...

Back
Top Bottom