YOUR TOP 10 BEST NBA PLAYERS OF THE DECADE!...vol. no kelly

Originally Posted by airmaxpenny1

Billups didn't even have an excpetional finals, that could have really been given to any member of that squad. I swear Billups has the worst nickname in the league, "Mr. Big Shot," my @%#, dude bricks 95% of the time when it matters

Nash's clutchness>Billups clutchness.
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
. Nash has no clutchness in him
laugh.gif

I have one for ya'll, if postseason don't matter, then can't we argue that KG is the better player with the better career then Tim Duncan?
nerd.gif

What seperates them?
nerd.gif

Would it not be the postseason success?

So why would that not apply to Billups and Mr Wonderful?
nerd.gif

Originally Posted by BangDak

Originally Posted by dland24

Originally Posted by I NaSmatic I

CWebb had a strong 4 year run in Sacramento and a good year in Philly, but otherwise
grin.gif

Yet most people have Steve Nash on their list. Wouldnt ^ be the same reason Nash should be excluded from lists?
am i missing something here?

and nash is still more clutch. how many times did he make a 3 last minute to bring a game into OT? how many times has billups done that? not as many, thats for sure.
I think what he was trying to say is that Nash was really great after he signed with the Suns. He was only good when he was on the Mavs and lastseason I guess... People seem to forget the early 2000's, but that is understandable. When Webber was a MVP candidate, Steve Nash was the third best playeron his team. Shoot, there was a time when Mike Finley was better than Dirk and Nash on the Mavs.

[h2][/h2]
[h2]The 10 best NBA players of the last decadehttp://sports.yahoo.com/nba/blog/ba...NBA-players-of-the-last-decade?urn=nba,194287[/h2]
By Kelly Dwyerhttp://sports.yahoo.com/nba/blog/ba...NBA-players-of-the-last-decade?urn=nba,194287

ept_sports_nba_experts-477008373-1254837157.jpg

OK, we know the first decade of the 21st century doesn't really end until 2011. We think. But we also know there have been 10 full NBA seasons played since the phrase "Y2K" was on all of our lips (1999-2000), and here at Ball Don't Lie we've decided to use this as an offseason excuse to rank some of the best and not-so-brightest of the 10 campaigns in question. The result? Why, top 10 lists!

Let's just skip to what people have been asking for since the beginning. The 10 best players.

Times have changed. You can't just figure out who goes where on a list after a series of spirited arm-wrestling tournaments, as was all the rage in the '80s. Magic won, by the way.

With that in place, if you don't mind, let's set a few ground rules. This is a team game, but this is a list of individual players. No player was awarded a higher or lower ranking because they got to play with better or nastier teammates. Defense is half the game, and if you are going to score, you better do it efficiently. Somehow, Flip Murray(notes) missed the cut.

So, here we are, finally. The 10 best players of the last decade. Read on.
http://http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/blog/ba...NBA-players-of-the-last-decade?urn=nba,194287
ept_sports_nba_experts-676554927-1254837192.jpg

10. Allen Iverson(notes)

There's a fair bit to criticize, but Iverson did score quite a lot and create shots for teams that truly needed him to score and create shots. And he's played for the duration of the decade in question, despite heaps of injuries.

And if this comes off as begrudging, it's because it is. I have a hard time selecting Iverson over people like Elton Brand(notes) or Chris Paul(notes) or even Vince Carter(notes), players who don't score as much, but contribute a great deal in all other areas of the game and score way, way more efficiently than Iverson ever did.

ept_sports_nba_experts-871838287-1254837217.jpg

9. Tracy McGrady(notes)http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/blog/ba...NBA-players-of-the-last-decade?urn=nba,194287

T-Mac was the best perimeter player in this league during 2002-03, better than who you think was the best perimeter player in this league, and he was only 23 at the time. Injuries took over from there, though McGrady has been a fine contributor, he's averaged only 55 games a season in his last four years, and the production has tailed off considerably from his peak with the Magic.

Still a terrific all-around player, though, and well-deserving of placement on this list.

only thing kelly dwyer done it right

Originally Posted by PRETTYPLAYA

[h2][/h2]
[h2]The 10 best NBA players of the last decadehttp://sports.yahoo.com/nba/blog/ba...NBA-players-of-the-last-decade?urn=nba,194287[/h2]
By Kelly Dwyerhttp://sports.yahoo.com/nba/blog/ba...NBA-players-of-the-last-decade?urn=nba,194287

ept_sports_nba_experts-477008373-1254837157.jpg

OK, we know the first decade of the 21st century doesn't really end until 2011. We think. But we also know there have been 10 full NBA seasons played since the phrase "Y2K" was on all of our lips (1999-2000), and here at Ball Don't Lie we've decided to use this as an offseason excuse to rank some of the best and not-so-brightest of the 10 campaigns in question. The result? Why, top 10 lists!

Let's just skip to what people have been asking for since the beginning. The 10 best players.

Times have changed. You can't just figure out who goes where on a list after a series of spirited arm-wrestling tournaments, as was all the rage in the '80s. Magic won, by the way.

With that in place, if you don't mind, let's set a few ground rules. This is a team game, but this is a list of individual players. No player was awarded a higher or lower ranking because they got to play with better or nastier teammates. Defense is half the game, and if you are going to score, you better do it efficiently. Somehow, Flip Murray(notes) missed the cut.

So, here we are, finally. The 10 best players of the last decade. Read on.
http://http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/blog/ba...NBA-players-of-the-last-decade?urn=nba,194287
ept_sports_nba_experts-676554927-1254837192.jpg

10. Allen Iverson(notes)

There's a fair bit to criticize, but Iverson did score quite a lot and create shots for teams that truly needed him to score and create shots. And he's played for the duration of the decade in question, despite heaps of injuries.

And if this comes off as begrudging, it's because it is. I have a hard time selecting Iverson over people like Elton Brand(notes) or Chris Paul(notes) or even Vince Carter(notes), players who don't score as much, but contribute a great deal in all other areas of the game and score way, way more efficiently than Iverson ever did.

ept_sports_nba_experts-871838287-1254837217.jpg

9. Tracy McGrady(notes)http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/blog/ba...NBA-players-of-the-last-decade?urn=nba,194287

T-Mac was the best perimeter player in this league during 2002-03, better than who you think was the best perimeter player in this league, and he was only 23 at the time. Injuries took over from there, though McGrady has been a fine contributor, he's averaged only 55 games a season in his last four years, and the production has tailed off considerably from his peak with the Magic.

Still a terrific all-around player, though, and well-deserving of placement on this list.
only thing kelly dwyer done it right
man... why you gotta do that? its going to be a tmac vs kobe thread now.

For what it's worth... I think Chauncey's clutch-ability is vastly overstated...

The #%%$ is wrong with Yuku? I go back to edit a post and it has been deleted?
eyes.gif
Shoot, there was a time when Mike Finley was better than Dirk and Nash on the Mavs.
Yeah, Dirk's first year in Dallas... At no point during this decade was Michael Finley a better or more important player for the DallasMavericks than Dirk Nowitzki...

1. Duncan
2. Kobe
3. Shaq
4.Garnett
5. Dirk
6. LeBron
7. Wade
8. Iverson
9. Kidd
10. Stevauncey
pimp.gif

I love how CP completely ignores the fact that Steve Nash and the Suns made two straight conference finals and then made it to the conference semifinals, andacts as though Nash did NOTHING in the playoffs to contribute to that.

I guess putting up 48, 34 and 39 in three consecutive games against Dallas in the 2005 WC Semis was nothing.

Originally Posted by CP1708

I have one for ya'll, if postseason don't matter, then can't we argue that KG is the better player with the better career then Tim Duncan?
nerd.gif

What seperates them?
nerd.gif

Would it not be the postseason success?
AADM007.jpg

gallery2.jpg

wink.gif

T-Mac was the best perimeter player in this league during 2002-03, better than who you think was the best perimeter player in this league, and he was only 23 at the time.
this is entirely true.

1. Duncan (greatest winner of the decade and all of sports for that matter)
2. Shaq (dominates like no other; would be number one if he played defense consistently)
3. Kobe (great decade for the Mamba and he's only getting started towards the next decade)
4. KG (consistently great during the season and winning the chip only enhance his legacy)
5. Kidd (getting the Nets to back to back finals and losing to Duncan and Shaq is nothing to be ashamed about)
6. Lebron (will have be #1 in the next decade if he continues to improve his game)
7. Iverson (scores like no other that I've ever seen; his game 1 finals against the Lakers is still his best game in my opinion)
8. Wade (if healthy, he will score like Iverson but play better defensively)
9. Dirk (though he gets a lot of criticism for being soft, he took his team to the Finals where they eventually collapsed)
10. C-Webb (like KG, he put up great numbers during the regular season; not getting past the Lakers will forever haunt him though)

Originally Posted by pdouly33

I love how CP completely ignores the fact that Steve Nash and the Suns made two straight conference finals and then made it to the conference semifinals, and acts as though Nash did NOTHING in the playoffs to contribute to that.

I guess putting up 48, 34 and 39 in three consecutive games against Dallas in the 2005 WC Semis was nothing.
laugh.gif
Exactly... Like Steve Nash was the reason those teamscame up short...

Originally Posted by BangDak

no offense, but that is a horrible list fundamental.

It's all subjective anyways. All those players took their teams to the finals with the exception of Webber. He came one game away from reaching finals,closer than Nash so I gave him the benefit of the doubt. If my list is so horrible, where is your list?

I don't think Tracy deserves to be on the list.

He'd be in top 20, but not top 10.

Regular season player with NO post-season success, plus oft injured.

Shaquille O'Neal
Kobe Bryant
Tim Duncan
Lebron James
Kevin Garnett
Jason Kidd
Dirk Nowitzki
Allen Iverson
Dwayne(sp?) Wade
I guess I'll put Webber over Nash

1. Duncan
2. Shaq
3. Garnett
4. Kobe
5. LeBron
6. Iverson
7. Dirk
8. T-Mac
9. Kidd
10. Nash (i don't like nash so my biased reason put him this low, lol)

Originally Posted by Mamba MVP

1a. Kobe (has been dominant the entire decade: 4 rings)

1b. Duncan (same as Kobe: 3 rings)

3. Shaq (unstoppable from 2000-2003; then tailed off except for '06 in Miami, had a lull, but seems to have a little left in the tank: 4 rings)

4. KG (can't stand the guy, but he carried Minny for so long and finally got the chip with Boston
mad.gif
mad.gif
1 ring)

5. AI (best little man scorer in history, MVP, taking bunch of scrubs to the Finals)

6. Kidd (walking triple double, one of the best PGs of all time)

7. Dirk (MVP, took Mavs to Finals, consistent the entire decade)

8. Nash (2-time MVP
smh.gif
, ran one of the most exciting offenses in recent memory)

9. Bron (MVP, gonna definitely be at the top of the list for the next decade)

10. Wade (Finals MVP and performance for the ages even if it was with the help of the striped shirts: 1 ring)
Sounds about right.
smokin.gif

Back
Top Bottom