Your Next Vacation Destination.....?

Visiting SF / San Jose for Memorial Day weekend -- first time there

Recommendations for food, art galleries, ABG spots?
Thanks fam!

Little Saigon in East San Jose has a LOT of good Vietnamese restaurants, bars, and ABG spots :pimp: :lol: Make sure you take out cash though, since damn near none of them take credit cards. If you like high end shopping/bars like I do, hit up Santana Row at night. Paper Plane in downtown SJ has good cocktails. Koreatown is near by in Santa Clara (10-15 mins drive); this is where all the best restaurants and bars are for meeting :pimp: girls (food is obviously amazing too)

Food in SF is trash since the authentic spots have been replaced by white washed hipster versions. Bar hopping is wack there too since there's zero fine girls there anymore and just full of musty Midwestern/East Coast hipsters. I would still check out Cityscape Bar at the Hilton though; really good cocktails and views of SF. If you're with a group, hit up Urban Putt in the Mission at night; it's a fun indoor mini golf/bar spot. Dolores Park in SF during long weekends is usually pretty fun; tons of people out there drinking and smoking. You're from NYC so you'll be used to 60% of the city smelling like urine.

Last edited:
Visiting SF / San Jose for Memorial Day weekend -- first time there

Recommendations for food, art galleries, ABG spots?
Thanks fam!

Yo man.....check this IG profile if you need to get recommendations on food spots (https://www.instagram.com/bestfoodsf/?hl=en). Below is sort of my personal choices but they are also the most famous spots too.

Art galleries are sort of really dead imo in SF. Upper Playground used to have one in SF but it seems shut down. Some artists will come to SF and just throw shows in some pop up shop but as far as a rotating show, I am sort of not in the know for that. I guess go to Haight St to possibly see stuff.

And just some general areas to visit in SF as a tourist, go to Twin Peaks for a cool view of SF, walk the Golden Gate bridge if you can, see the Bay Bridge at night to see the bridge lit up, walk Embarcadero starting at the Fairy Building to Pier 39 and go a Giants game if you can. For checking on things to do in SF on the days you are here, click this site and peep the calendar: https://www.sfstation.com.

Let me know if you need anything else.

Food in SF is trash since the authentic spots have been replaced by white washed hipster versions. Bar hopping is wack there too since there's zero fine girls there anymore and just full of musty Midwestern/East Coast hipsters. I would still check out Cityscape Bar at the Hilton though; really good cocktails and views of SF. If you're with a group, hit up Urban Putt in the Mission at night; it's a fun indoor mini golf/bar spot. Dolores Park in SF during long weekends is usually pretty fun; tons of people out there drinking and smoking. You're from NYC so you'll be used to 60% of the city smelling like urine.

I am always waiting to hear you SF slander. I'll give it to you....you're consistent. Haha. I cosign on the Cityscape Bar. I thought it'd be dumb gimmick but it does have a cool view and adult vibe.

Oh....weed is legal in CA. Not sure if that is a good factor for you or not but a perk anyways if you partake in it.

I am always waiting to hear you SF slander. I'll give it to you....you're consistent. Haha. I cosign on the Cityscape Bar. I thought it'd be dumb gimmick but it does have a cool view and adult vibe.

Oh....weed is legal in CA. Not sure if that is a good factor for you or not but a perk anyways if you partake in it.

Every time I come back from any major city in Asia/Europe or just from the cleanliness and diversity of the rest of the Bay, I'm always reminded of how terrible it is. I moved out but my job requires me to be there most of the time.

Every time I come back from any major city in Asia/Europe or just from the cleanliness and diversity of the rest of the Bay, I'm always reminded of how terrible it is. I moved out but my job requires me to be there most of the time.

I hear you man. Now that I am in Oakland, I am noticing that everything is just so much damn cheaper here in regards to food and even something as dumb as a car wash. I was going to get a wash in SF the other day and it was like $40 and then I went to Oakland and it was $24 for like the same service. Even got Japanese food in Oakland and everything just seemed relatively cheaper and even better. I guess I got sort of used to the SF living but it really is a dog out there in how they price things.

I hear you man. Now that I am in Oakland, I am noticing that everything is just so much damn cheaper here in regards to food and even something as dumb as a car wash. I was going to get a wash in SF the other day and it was like $40 and then I went to Oakland and it was $24 for like the same service. Even got Japanese food in Oakland and everything just seemed relatively cheaper and even better. I guess I got sort of used to the SF living but it really is a dog out there in how they price things.

That's what I mean too. I don't mind paying more for food and services if they're actually good, but in SF, they just never are these days. Literally every ethnic food you can think if has much better and cheaper options available throughout the rest of the Bay. The hipsters in the city prefer their $10 Bi Rite banh mi on wheat bread though :sick:

Oakland has gotten some ot the hipster spillover but it's still :pimp: too many newcomers think anything outside of the city is a slum or wasteland, which I appreciate a lot these days :lol: the day I see hipsters in Little Saigon or Koreatown, I'm on the first one way plane out

Any recommendations for a quick trip to Oahu? Gonna be there with my girl starting a Thursday afternoon - Sunday afternoon

Heading to Mexico City for Memorial Day Weekend, gonna check out Teotihuacan, the Futuristic Library, Xochimilco, and some other spots.

Basically had the same itinerary
Be sure to plan ahead on how you’re splitting your time
The pyramids are like 1 1/2 hour north of Mexico City
Xochimilco was ok, not my favorite part of the wknd as it was just 2 of us and it seems to make more sense if you’re with a larger group

Anyone been to Bermuda? Thinking of going by myself for 2 days found a cheap flight.

Anyone been to Bermuda? Thinking of going by myself for 2 days found a cheap flight.

went in 05 for a cruise lol im 27 now so i dont really remember much. Had a great time tho from what i do remember being on island for few days

me and homies looking to book a trip for this summer actually

jamaica, punta cana, some type of island

also a miami trip

Basically had the same itinerary
Be sure to plan ahead on how you’re splitting your time
The pyramids are like 1 1/2 hour north of Mexico City
Xochimilco was ok, not my favorite part of the wknd as it was just 2 of us and it seems to make more sense if you’re with a larger group

Cool bro, I get there this Thursday Morning.

I'm planning it now, I rented a car for like $20 for 5 days no lie. It's dirt cheap. Plus my Chase Sapphire Reserve covers me for Primary Car Rental Insurance.

Planning on going to Toronto and Miami in August. When traveling to Toronto should I fly into Pearson(YYZ) or Bishop (YTZ) ?

Planning on going to Toronto and Miami in August. When traveling to Toronto should I fly into Pearson(YYZ) or Bishop (YTZ) ?

I flew into YYZ and it was pretty good. Only downside is it’s kinda far from downtown. No clue what YTZ is like

If youre staying in the city go to YTZ, theres a shuttle that can take you for free to union station which is a good jump off spot to wherever your hotel is.. Porter Airlines is great if they depart from your home airport. Look out for their sales via email.

If you fly to Pearson, there's a train called the UP Express that can get you to Union station in about 25 mins and will cost about <$15 one way.

Morocco worth the trip? Was gonna do Barcelona in november.

Yes! I went to Barcelona and Morocco last year. Pretty quick flight too and cheap. Morocco is just a culture shock. Like a live Aladdin market scene with just tons of crazy scooters and what not. I would say the heckling of selling crap gets kind of old though cause everyone is trying to rip you off in some sort of fashion but you are talking about pennies compared to the US standards. Still, a guy wanted $20 US from me for taking a photo with his monkey. We gave him $2 US and walked away. Haha.

Some photos:

Morocco+4.jpg

Morocco+5.jpg

Morocco_7.jpg

Morocco+6.jpg

Looking like ima do Mexico City next month... and do a hostel. Never did a hostel before any advice about it and/or Mexico City. Def wanna do some tour guides.

Hawaii Honolulu for 3 days Maui for 3 days... Any recommendations on food where to go and what to skip?
honolulu:
leonards for some malasadas
stop by the food trucks on the drive up to North shore
pearl harbor tour is like 2-3 hours so id skip it if youre pressed for time.

622CA27E-D0A9-4417-80A5-AE9553B4E370.jpeg
2718FE83-BF0A-4437-88F5-05CD1079F914.jpeg
CD9544F9-F265-4223-B565-FE3FE6EEC86F.jpeg
BE5020C0-E73E-409E-83AA-A6FF8CAAB1C3.jpeg
2540B4D8-6970-42F3-82BE-3BB37F570809.jpeg
43D5E8F6-E0C2-4BD0-A8E1-CE30B4B31C9F.jpeg
EFF47479-1906-43A7-A3FC-1CB3CF53C200.jpeg
81CCE4BE-2267-4B72-9CD9-327DB1E3F0B7.jpeg
EA3B9CFE-39BD-4092-9048-F04753833A03.jpeg
29D9770D-00F4-4017-993F-D4A8294527D1.jpeg
Looking like ima do Mexico City next month... and do a hostel. Never did a hostel before any advice about it and/or Mexico City. Def wanna do some tour guides.

If you’re traveling solo, a Hostel is dope because you can meet a lot of new people and sometimes chicks will be in the shared room.

Mexico City hostels are fine as long as they have hot water, and the other things you take for granted. Just don’t drink any tap water. Make sure it says from the bottle.

Just came back from Mexico City this past Memorial Day Weekend. Had a blast. Check out the pics. Even Meetup with a NT’er to watch game 7. Shoutout to @thekillerj23

Back
Top Bottom