Your Next Vacation Destination.....?

Lived in CA all my life and never went to SF

Planning on going this summer for my anniversary

wed-sat good? where to stay?

wife and i like to eat and relax
hotels shouldnt be too pricey for midweek visit.
you driving up there? recommend finding a hotel that offers free parking
can do the ordinary touristy things : fishermans wharf, recommend renting a bike and taking a cruise over the brideg into sausalito then taking a ferry back. catch a baseball game
le meridien is nice and i stayed at hotel diva the last time i was there

hotels shouldnt be too pricey for midweek visit.
you driving up there? recommend finding a hotel that offers free parking
can do the ordinary touristy things : fishermans wharf, recommend renting a bike and taking a cruise over the brideg into sausalito then taking a ferry back. catch a baseball game
le meridien is nice and i stayed at hotel diva the last time i was there
Most likely flying since Uber and transit there is awesome

Food is good there yeah? We like to eat and chill

Probably a spa day too

I'm supposed to go to Thailand in June. I've known this girl I met off Yahoo chat like 10 years ago and she has been begging me to come there since we met... never had both the time and funds to go, but I stepped down as store manager in February, so now I have the time... and I opened a credit card for 50k FF miles, so that takes care of the biggest expense. Also I don't have to worry about paying for a hotel since I'll be staying with her, so all I have to pay for is food, which is supposed dirt cheap there, and whatever else she might want. Might do a little more traveling around Adia, she goes to China frequently so we might do that. Either way I'm excited. Haven't taken a real vacation since Cabos over 2 years ago.

After balking at a couple of other trips (Japan mostly) earlier this year, I think the wife and I are going to try to meet some friends in Greece. Friends are going June 28 and coming back July 8th. We are trying to determine if we should add another stop somewhere in Europe before Greece, or after. Flights to Greece are pretty expensive ($2500ish each) or use up all of our Chase UR miles (~300k) to get there, so we were thinking that maybe we could fly somewhere else first if we can find cheaper/less points trips, and then use Ryan Air or whatever to get to/from Greece.

Any thoughts? Was thinking of possibly flying into Rome or Barcelona. Just trying to maximize our time and value of our points over there.

After balking at a couple of other trips (Japan mostly) earlier this year, I think the wife and I are going to try to meet some friends in Greece. Friends are going June 28 and coming back July 8th. We are trying to determine if we should add another stop somewhere in Europe before Greece, or after. Flights to Greece are pretty expensive ($2500ish each) or use up all of our Chase UR miles (~300k) to get there, so we were thinking that maybe we could fly somewhere else first if we can find cheaper/less points trips, and then use Ryan Air or whatever to get to/from Greece.

Any thoughts? Was thinking of possibly flying into Rome or Barcelona. Just trying to maximize our time and value of our points over there.
Rome is a must. You can get so much done in just 2 days per say.

I'm supposed to go to Thailand in June. I've known this girl I met off Yahoo chat like 10 years ago and she has been begging me to come there since we met... never had both the time and funds to go, but I stepped down as store manager in February, so now I have the time... and I opened a credit card for 50k FF miles, so that takes care of the biggest expense. Also I don't have to worry about paying for a hotel since I'll be staying with her, so all I have to pay for is food, which is supposed dirt cheap there, and whatever else she might want. Might do a little more traveling around Adia, she goes to China frequently so we might do that. Either way I'm excited. Haven't taken a real vacation since Cabos over 2 years ago.
:wow:

depending on your stay in china, you might need a visa.
where in thailand?
depending on how much time youre spending with this chick, you should try to hit chang mai, phuket and phi phi islands.

Heading to Miami for Rolling Loud in a couple weeks. looking forward to that. Specially Joe's Stone Crab :evil:

The week of Memorial Day I'm out in Marrakesh. Our Airbnb is DOPE and CHEAP.

Heading to Miami for Rolling Loud in a couple weeks. looking forward to that. Specially Joe's Stone Crab :evil:

The week of Memorial Day I'm out in Marrakesh. Our Airbnb is DOPE and CHEAP.
Sweet, first time in the city? Where exactly are you staying?

REF: Miami

food spots in NY? Going in July, got Peter Lugers and Katz for sure, maybe one of David Chang's restaurants.
want to find a good friend chicken place and Italian restaurant as well but up for suggestions of places to try

How important is partying in another country for you guys?
I can miss 7 days off work to party on a Saturday abroad.
or
I can miss 6 days off work and just arrive Sunday and not experience the nightlife

So researching flights to eventually end up in Greece....

I can find flights to London for under $1k. Then I can take the regional airlines from London to Barcelona / Rome / Greece for like $100ish.

Or I can fly directly to Barcelona / Rome / Greece - and the price is like $1800-2400 per person.

This is a no-brainer to fly into London first then, right?

How important is partying in another country for you guys?
I can miss 7 days off work to party on a Saturday abroad.
or
I can miss 6 days off work and just arrive Sunday and not experience the nightlife

I'm a dog and I like to get after it. Nightlife is also the avenue that leads to me meeting more people than anything else abroad.

Then again I'm more of a big city traveller, many places you can experience night life Sunday - Thursday.

For the money, yeah London is the right move. London is cool.

Paris, Barcelona and Tenerife in a week.

For the money, yeah London is the right move. London is cool.

Paris, Barcelona and Tenerife in a week.

was thinking of hitting up London for a week solo... the prices are not bad 900-1000 for a hotel and flight... still thinking if i should do London because Spain and Italy sound good too... definitely want to pick 1 out of the 3 for this summer...

Back
Top Bottom