You could have went pro?

lol evey mexican that plays soccer says they would have mad it pro...chances are they were on a rec team..

I played HS bball and was gonna play CC but decided to be lazy instead. 3 guys on my HS squad are pro/going pro. Play USA bball too. Could I have went pro? Hell no. I'm a good ball player but pro? Nah..no way.

everton?
eek.gif
how are you about to not go? couldve been training with wayne rooney and *@!@. that was when leeds was a huge club too. u messed up.

well If i ran track this year at my university (im a freshman) i probably would of done better in school this year and made the traveling team) oh well. Cant think of the past

straight i wasnt good enough. of course i had dreams. but was lazy and all that. never even close. again, not good enough.

I was about to get hooked up on DGK by Jack Curtin back when i was in 9th grade, but as soon as I started filming for some footy, I ripped ligaments in my ankle. I think i could have possibly made it big...

Originally Posted by bud dink

not pro but i think i could have got a scholarship. I was 6'7 and was an OK shooter but i hated playing in the post i would do whatever i could to take 3's. I transferred to a school where i could do that and went ham. I started smoking after my first great season its been downhill since...come senior year im quitting to go office aid with a fine girl (i never pulled)

same situation....im 6'9 but hated playing post positions....i liked to shoot the ball...

im not clumsy or nothing i just preferred a jump shot over muscling someone in the post (weigh 180
laugh.gif
)

when i started figuring out that i was never going to be able to play the way i wanted to my interest in basketball dropped....

i could have went D-1 but i hated playing Ball.
grin.gif

still might go to D2 school next year just for a scholarship

Originally Posted by tune205

Originally Posted by KnockoutNed

Its gonna be alot of ducktales in here.
laugh.gif

But I was a highly recruited sophmore/junior year in football. Ended up tearing a patella tendon in a dunk contest at a basketball camp
smh.gif
(I didnt even like playing b-ball)

I went on to have a mediocre year my senior year i had the "fastest limp in Alabama" but no big schools wanted to offer me. Bama, Auburn and UAB wanted to "grey shirt me or have me walk on because my injury was to risky. I went through depression and all that. Dont know if I would have went pro but I definitly would have went D-1
Damn son, you remind me of Boobie from Friday Night Lights.  
laugh.gif
frown.gif

Exactly what they called me my senior year
smh.gif

What HS you went to? 

I know I could have got a lot better if I would have stayed in shape and played football after middle school. I went through a phase where I really thought I wanted to play basketball but now after its all said and done I realize football is where I should have stayed.

Anybody have that perspective where you understand the game better as your older but your not playing anymore...it's one of those' if I knew then what I know now' type deals.

Originally Posted by ai3mac1

averaged 31 and 34 ppg for my varsity high school team in my junior and senior year. I played for Oak Hill Academy. But my family was really against me playin professional sport so decided to turn down all my college offers. Damnnn was 95% sure to make it to the big league as well.
indifferent.gif

Originally Posted by Beast4ya

Originally Posted by bud dink

not pro but i think i could have got a scholarship. I was 6'7 and was an OK shooter but i hated playing in the post i would do whatever i could to take 3's. I transferred to a school where i could do that and went ham. I started smoking after my first great season its been downhill since...come senior year im quitting to go office aid with a fine girl (i never pulled)

same situation....im 6'9 but hated playing post positions....i liked to shoot the ball...

im not clumsy or nothing i just preferred a jump shot over muscling someone in the post (weigh 180
laugh.gif
)

when i started figuring out that i was never going to be able to play the way i wanted to my interest in basketball dropped....

i could have went D-1 but i hated playing Ball.
grin.gif

still might go to D2 school next year just for a scholarship
I feel ya, I was 6'3 and playing the post.  Never really liked it, I was a pretty good shooter and I can handle the ball well but the coach didn't wanna hear it, so I was like f it and my interest dropped.

Originally Posted by raptors29

Originally Posted by KnockoutNed

Its gonna be alot of ducktales in here.
laugh.gif

But I was a highly recruited sophmore/junior year in football. Ended up tearing a patella tendon in a dunk contest at a basketball camp
smh.gif
(I didnt even like playing b-ball)

I went on to have a mediocre year my senior year i had the "fastest limp in Alabama" but no big schools wanted to offer me. Bama, Auburn and UAB wanted to "grey shirt me or have me walk on because my injury was to risky. I went through depression and all that. Dont know if I would have went pro but I definitly would have went D-1
Damn son, you remind me of Boobie from Friday Night Lights.  
laugh.gif
frown.gif

Exactly what they called me my senior year
smh.gif

What HS you went to? 

Thompson

Originally Posted by lynchpin33

I am not going to say that I could have went pro, but if I had the mindset i had now (workout twice a day before and after work 6am and 5 30 pm) and had a coach who gave a damn.  It could have been very interesting how far I would have went.  A coach who cares and that has good connections is always a gigantic help.
truth
this is the only reason i have any scholarships, i think he cared to get his players to college more than the players did.

I had the opportunity to attend a CFL combine but years of chronic hamstring pulls killed that dream....then I re-ignited the dream in 08 and broke my leg in my 3rd game.....I still play, but I don't have the quickness I need...plus I'm old as hell....all those injuries really take a toll on you....

It wasn't until after I graduated out of University that I discovered the real reasons for my hamstring problems...

laugh.gif
 @ anyone who has the phrase "middle school" in their explanation.

You werent going pro. 
roll.gif

not really pro but am sure i woulda had a chance at a scholarship in track.. ran the 200//400 meter in middle school and first 2 years of high school and consistently top 3 in districts..

Some of the tall cats in here wanting to shoot the rock is all a case of bad timing.....You happen to be the "tall dude" and they needed a big man, but it ended up that you could shoot the rock and you probably should have....in college you are not playing the big post being 6'6 unless you are a beast......horrible coaching FTL....

I played with 2 bothers (2 years apart in age) they were 6'4 and 6'6 and they had the same problem.......

I could have done baseball, college at least, pro baseball is way to hard to make, knees could not stand up to catching in baseball, Playing FB/OLB in football and goalie in hockey.....had some interest into my junior year (mostly because a few dudes were going to pro farm teams) but never worked out......

Originally Posted by DublBagn

Some of the tall cats in here wanting to shoot the rock is all a case of bad timing.....You happen to be the "tall dude" and they needed a big man, but it ended up that you could shoot the rock and you probably should have....in college you are not playing the big post being 6'6 unless you are a beast......horrible coaching FTL....

I played with 2 bothers (2 years apart in age) they were 6'4 and 6'6 and they had the same problem.......

I could have done baseball, college at least, pro baseball is way to hard to make, knees could not stand up to catching in baseball, Playing FB/OLB in football and goalie in hockey.....had some interest into my junior year (mostly because a few dudes were going to pro farm teams) but never worked out......
i realize this but after almost a lifetime of dealing with this problem

idgaf anymore
laugh.gif

im like a mix between tim duncan and tayshaun prince not shaq and dwight howard
grin.gif

F you Coach!
mad.gif

i played in middle school for 8th year. We were last but we had fun and I was runner up for MVP, then I joined BB for my freshman year and sophmore year. I really made an impact. I wasn't a prolific scorer or anything but I was there when the team needed me. I didn't continue for junior year or Senior year because parents didn't want me to because I had a ankle injury that messed me up and they didn't see how basketball can contribute to my educational benefits. I'm not saying I could have made it big but I'm sure a college team would have been interested in what I had to offer.

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
at this post

There are less than 2,500-3,000 players in the MLB, NFL, NBA at any one time.

There are 300+ million of us.

roll.gif

Back
Top Bottom