Yo NT, I wanna import a Skyline

Originally Posted by Put em up

Stop faking like you can afford a skyline right now. Knock it off.

laugh.gif

Originally Posted by moneymike88

i like Cam's idea though...Cop an r33 already in the us for cheap..they run at around 13 to 16k (gts-t)

then buy a dummy beater 240sx of the same color and year...register it and swap plates

but that #@%* is highly illegal and im not even sure it its worth the headache
That's a great idea - until you kill someone in a wreck and then you're $1m out of pocket after your car is inspected and your insurance company walk away.

i like Cam's idea though...Cop an r33 already in the us for cheap..they run at around 13 to 16k (gts-t)

then buy a dummy beater 240sx of the same color and year...register it and swap plates

That's a great idea - until you kill someone in a wreck and then you're $1m out of pocket after your car is inspected and your insurance company walk away.

Limitedretro
an r33 is not legal unmodified, you cannot just import one and register it, or else I'd be having one myself as a DD.
Although, it is the only gtr in the r32-r34 that is still possible to import. The reason being that motorex performed all of the necessary crash tests etc for the car, which I believe is somewhere around 10. Then they closed. Now even that such info exists, it's hard to find the paperwork since motorex would obviously not give it away for free. The r33 is not build to us standards, similarly to how the r32 and r34 isn't. They're not any different and all required modifications, the only difference is that the r33 has the necessary testing and paperwork. If someone is willing to import 10+ r32s and r34s to perform the tests, therefore destroying them, then they would also be potentially legal to import. The entire process is a lot more complicated then you guys make it out to be. After research, i found that the most efficient way to import them would be to register it as a kit car. In order to do so the motor ****** and body would have to be dissassembled then imported. Although, there is also a problem with this method because technically the skyline doesn't classify as a kit car, although Ive seen many success stories

Limitedretro
an r33 is not legal unmodified, you cannot just import one and register it, or else I'd be having one myself as a DD.
Although, it is the only gtr in the r32-r34 that is still possible to import. The reason being that motorex performed all of the necessary crash tests etc for the car, which I believe is somewhere around 10. Then they closed. Now even that such info exists, it's hard to find the paperwork since motorex would obviously not give it away for free. The r33 is not build to us standards, similarly to how the r32 and r34 isn't. They're not any different and all required modifications, the only difference is that the r33 has the necessary testing and paperwork. If someone is willing to import 10+ r32s and r34s to perform the tests, therefore destroying them, then they would also be potentially legal to import. The entire process is a lot more complicated then you guys make it out to be. After research, i found that the most efficient way to import them would be to register it as a kit car. In order to do so the motor ****** and body would have to be dissassembled then imported. Although, there is also a problem with this method because technically the skyline doesn't classify as a kit car, although Ive seen many success stories

Aren't you the dude that thought you could buy that M3 off of Craigslist for like $18k? And not have to pay the balance of the loan?

You have dreams of nice, fast cars that probably don't make sense for you when it comes down to it. Get a Kia or something.

Aren't you the dude that thought you could buy that M3 off of Craigslist for like $18k? And not have to pay the balance of the loan?

You have dreams of nice, fast cars that probably don't make sense for you when it comes down to it. Get a Kia or something.

^^^ Not happening. The cars need to get crash tests and the only ones that did were the R33s.

^^^ Not happening. The cars need to get crash tests and the only ones that did were the R33s.

Originally Posted by PremeOne

Anyone have info on the Kaizo Kit Car? They're site doesn't work.

That's because Kaizo Industries sold actual Skylines, not kit cars...they basically dismantled the cars and shipped them over piece-by-piece to give the impression that it WAS a kit car to pass thru Cali's emissions standards, BUT when it was discovered the cars were actual Skylines, the owners were sent letters by the FBI stating the cars were going to be seized with 60 days if they didn't turn them in. To date, they've seized 3 R34's and 2 R32's

Originally Posted by PremeOne

Anyone have info on the Kaizo Kit Car? They're site doesn't work.

That's because Kaizo Industries sold actual Skylines, not kit cars...they basically dismantled the cars and shipped them over piece-by-piece to give the impression that it WAS a kit car to pass thru Cali's emissions standards, BUT when it was discovered the cars were actual Skylines, the owners were sent letters by the FBI stating the cars were going to be seized with 60 days if they didn't turn them in. To date, they've seized 3 R34's and 2 R32's

Originally Posted by Stay Lurkin

Awful idea
Not necessarily. You have NO idea how many cars from overseas here are done that way. However, it DOES present a problem should you wreck the car. I've seen Silvia's listed as 240's, Sunny's listed as Pulsars, Starlet GT's as Tercel's, etc...

Originally Posted by Stay Lurkin

Awful idea
Not necessarily. You have NO idea how many cars from overseas here are done that way. However, it DOES present a problem should you wreck the car. I've seen Silvia's listed as 240's, Sunny's listed as Pulsars, Starlet GT's as Tercel's, etc...

In regards to "Kaizo Industries" and what Sputnik mentioned as "disassembling them so they're labeled as kit cars".....

After warning letters were sent to owners 60 days ago (below), teams of Kevlar-armed Immigration and Customs Enforcement (ICE) officers are seizing grey market Nissan Skyline GT-Rs imported by Kaizo according to GTR USA Blog. Below, why it happened.

Last August the letter below was sent from the Southern California United States Attorney's office stating that "the referenced Nissan Skyline automobile... is not in compliance with U.S. Environmental Protection Agency and U.S. Department of Transportation requirements." The letter goes on to state that the vehicles can't be operated and the feds are coming for them within 60 days. They weren't lying.

According to GTR USA, two R34s and an R32 have already been seized and, if the letter above is an indication, an R33 is on the list.
Importing vehicles without the appropriate credentialing from the appropriate U.S. agencies almost always ends up with cars being seized by the government, especially Skylines, and people getting fined or jail time. In this case, the cars were imported by Kaizo under a special exemption for automotive parts. They brought over the shells and drivetrains separately and then reassembled them. They were then, apparently, registered under the law as SB 100, which is for kit/show cars. This exemption allows vehicles not driven frequently to be registered without smog checks.

We have a feeling these cars are being driven frequently.
The U.S. Attorney ended his letter "Very Truly Yours" but it looks like those Nissans are now "Very Truly His."

500x_Skyline_DOJ.jpg

Source: http://jalopnik.com/53719...an-skyline-gt[emoji]174[/emoji]in-cali

In regards to "Kaizo Industries" and what Sputnik mentioned as "disassembling them so they're labeled as kit cars".....

After warning letters were sent to owners 60 days ago (below), teams of Kevlar-armed Immigration and Customs Enforcement (ICE) officers are seizing grey market Nissan Skyline GT-Rs imported by Kaizo according to GTR USA Blog. Below, why it happened.

Last August the letter below was sent from the Southern California United States Attorney's office stating that "the referenced Nissan Skyline automobile... is not in compliance with U.S. Environmental Protection Agency and U.S. Department of Transportation requirements." The letter goes on to state that the vehicles can't be operated and the feds are coming for them within 60 days. They weren't lying.

According to GTR USA, two R34s and an R32 have already been seized and, if the letter above is an indication, an R33 is on the list.
Importing vehicles without the appropriate credentialing from the appropriate U.S. agencies almost always ends up with cars being seized by the government, especially Skylines, and people getting fined or jail time. In this case, the cars were imported by Kaizo under a special exemption for automotive parts. They brought over the shells and drivetrains separately and then reassembled them. They were then, apparently, registered under the law as SB 100, which is for kit/show cars. This exemption allows vehicles not driven frequently to be registered without smog checks.

We have a feeling these cars are being driven frequently.
The U.S. Attorney ended his letter "Very Truly Yours" but it looks like those Nissans are now "Very Truly His."

500x_Skyline_DOJ.jpg

Source: http://jalopnik.com/53719...an-skyline-gt[emoji]174[/emoji]in-cali

Originally Posted by EMendoza93

What if you brought a r32 or r34 from mexico?

what?!?!
laugh.gif
, they dont exist here, hell, we cant even import a 300zx or a 350z, most bmw's and mercedez, and you want to find an r32 - r34, get outta here with that
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by EMendoza93

What if you brought a r32 or r34 from mexico?

what?!?!
laugh.gif
, they dont exist here, hell, we cant even import a 300zx or a 350z, most bmw's and mercedez, and you want to find an r32 - r34, get outta here with that
laugh.gif

Back
Top Bottom