Yo NT, I wanna import a Skyline

Originally Posted by Stay Lurkin

Originally Posted by Cameron Nelson

Originally Posted by moneymike88

i like Cam's idea though...Cop an r33 already in the us for cheap..they run at around 13 to 16k (gts-t)

then buy a dummy beater 240sx of the same color and year...register it and swap plates

but that #@%* is highly illegal and im not even sure it its worth the headache

Awful idea
Not necessarily. You have NO idea how many cars from overseas here are done that way. However, it DOES present a problem should you wreck the car. I've seen Silvia's listed as 240's, Sunny's listed as Pulsars, Starlet GT's as Tercel's, etc...

That is exactly what I meant. It is all good until something goes wrong or until a cop pulls your over who knows what a skyline is. In the end, it just isn't worht it unless you just have money like that

I thought that if i ever get pulled over i could just tell the cop that i had a body shop do a rear end skyline conversion...The vin's will be swapped under the hood and on the inside of the door frame so they cant say much more after that

Originally Posted by Cameron Nelson

Originally Posted by moneymike88

i like Cam's idea though...Cop an r33 already in the us for cheap..they run at around 13 to 16k (gts-t)

then buy a dummy beater 240sx of the same color and year...register it and swap plates

but that #@%* is highly illegal and im not even sure it its worth the headache

Awful idea
Not necessarily. You have NO idea how many cars from overseas here are done that way. However, it DOES present a problem should you wreck the car. I've seen Silvia's listed as 240's, Sunny's listed as Pulsars, Starlet GT's as Tercel's, etc...

That is exactly what I meant. It is all good until something goes wrong or until a cop pulls your over who knows what a skyline is. In the end, it just isn't worht it unless you just have money like that

I thought that if i ever get pulled over i could just tell the cop that i had a body shop do a rear end skyline conversion...The vin's will be swapped under the hood and on the inside of the door frame so they cant say much more after that

Originally Posted by THockey66

Originally Posted by LimitedRetroOG

If you're gonna buy an R33 in the US, why swap? The car itself is already legal. There's really nothing for you to do but register it under your name.
How do you plan on registering a car that does not have a 16-17 digit VIN?

That will be flagged as non compliant by the DMV to be reviewed and will be denied registration/title.
why wouldnt an R33 have a vin?

Originally Posted by THockey66

Originally Posted by LimitedRetroOG

If you're gonna buy an R33 in the US, why swap? The car itself is already legal. There's really nothing for you to do but register it under your name.
How do you plan on registering a car that does not have a 16-17 digit VIN?

That will be flagged as non compliant by the DMV to be reviewed and will be denied registration/title.
why wouldnt an R33 have a vin?

couple weeks ago i saw what appeared to be an R34 GTR here in Canada (Toronto)
not sure if it was real or an R33 or R32 with a body kit or a saturn but yeah it was driving on the street
they aren't gonna be legal here for couple more years so im curious how did that guy have one

couple weeks ago i saw what appeared to be an R34 GTR here in Canada (Toronto)
not sure if it was real or an R33 or R32 with a body kit or a saturn but yeah it was driving on the street
they aren't gonna be legal here for couple more years so im curious how did that guy have one

Originally Posted by jae oh en

Originally Posted by jae oh en

saw an r33 parked a couple blocks from me today...in san francisco.

that's all.
update - saw it again. it's a GTR.

that's all.
Is this what you saw?
op1dth.png

Back
Top Bottom