Wrestling Thread Sep 15-Oct 5 | October 5th, 1982 A Wrestling/NT/Cat Legend Was Born

Bringing up Breeze, Zayn, and Neville might be one of my favorite moments when it comes. Because it will truly be the arrival of NXT. 

Any raw or smackdown now they should appear for at least a match. They need to spice up the roster give a new gimmick to fandango. Turn cesaro and bray baby faces. Harper/rowen serious tag contenders.

-Prince Devitt is rumored to be making his NXT in-ring debut at Thursday night’s NXT tapings from Full Sail University in Winter Park, Florida.

Continuing the tradition of rechristening talent with bewilderingly bad ring names, Prince Devitt will now be known as Finn Balor. According to Wikipedia:

“In Irish mythology, Balor (modern spelling: Balar) was king of the Fomorians, a group of supernatural beings. He is often described as a giant with a large eye in his forehead that wreaks destruction when opened. He has been interpreted as a god or personification of drought and blight.”

Last edited:
-As noted, Ric Flair spent a considerable amount of time in the hospital for a number of medical issues that he was dealing with.

Flair was hospitalized in Gwinnett County from September 8th to September 18th, when he was finally released.

He went in for surgery for a hernia on the first day, however while there, doctors discovered a second hernia, so he needed an additional operation.

It was said that Flair started having significant intestinal problems from the medications that he was taking, as well as from the surgeries and as a result, was unable to keep any food down. Because of this, the entire time he was in the hospital, he was only getting nutrients through an IV bag.

Flair ended up having intestinal surgery on September 16th, which was said to be the most serious of the three operations.

According to those close to the situation, Flair has lost a considerable amount of weight due to the lack of eating solid food. Additionally, he will be unable to do any training for approximately five weeks.

On the positive side of things, Flair was released from the hospital two days ahead of schedule and it is believed that he recovered well after the intestinal operation.

-Inside WWE right now, people are discussing a current power struggle going on involving Triple H and Stephanie McMahon on one side and WWE executives George Barrios and Michelle Wilson on the other.

For those wondering, Barrios and Wilson were the key executives in charge of both the WWE Network launch and the new WWE cable television deal, neither of which were anywhere near as successful as the company had hoped for.

-Brock Lesnar’s current deal with WWE expires after WrestleMania 31 in April and according to various sources, it is believed that WWE has yet to have any serious talks with him about his interest in re-signing upon the expiration of his current deal.

Many are working under the assumption that when Lesnar’s current deal expires, due to the state of UFC’s current pay-per-view business, that he will have negotiations with UFC and leverage those against WWE when discussing terms.

-As noted last week, WWE recently ramped up production of “Stone Cold” Steve Austin merchandise.

The latest buzz behind the scenes is that Steve Austin and WWE “working together” again in some capacity will in fact lead to a television return for the Hall of Famer.

Another reason many are expecting an Austin return to WWE TV is due to the fact that the company promoted his podcast on RAW, something that they didn’t do for Chris Jericho even when Triple H was a guest on his show.

-With WWE Hell in a Cell still a month away and no matches announced for the show as of this writing, WWE reportedly has the three top matches for the show planned out.

According to Wrestling Observer Radio, the Hell in a Cell pay-per-view will feature John Cena vs. Dean Ambrose in the opening match, with the winner going on to face Seth Rollins inside Hell in a Cell. The loser of Cena vs. Ambrose will wrestle Randy Orton later on the show, also inside the Cell.

There is a lot that can be taken from these planned matches. Clearly, the absence of Roman Reigns has created an opening for Dean Ambrose and Seth Rollins to be featured more prominently. WWE began teasing tension between Ambose and Cena on Monday’s RAW. Ambrose wrestling Cena on pay-per-view in a Hell In A Cell match shows the company is committed to give Ambrose a chance to prove himself as an upper-card singles star. The fact that the winner of that match goes on to face Seth Rollins (with Randy Orton being the consolation prize) shows how management currently views those two competitors.

As noted earlier, WWE World Heavyweight Champion Brock Lesnar is not booked for the show.

I can dig this :pimp:

there's no way John puts his ego aside and lets Ambrose pin him clean does he?

I'm hoping we get dean vs seth in a cell. I mean I really don't see the point of having orton as consolation :lol: and I really don't want to see cena/orton for the 1038493&49393894949030949426 time but of it means dean/seth to end the show then I'm all for it

Flair's a soldier 
pimp.gif

heres the thing, im past hating on john cena. dude is a good promo, good to great in the ring, and has been the man for 10 years. i dont hate him.

but i dont want ANYONE i ebjoy watching, wrestling him. its not about the wins or loses really, but rarely does anyone look better after fueding with cena, save brock and he needed 16 suplexes to do it. keep ambrose away from Cena.

I'm hoping we get dean vs seth in a cell. I mean I really don't see the point of having orton as consolation
laugh.gif
and I really don't want to see cena/orton for the 1038493&49393894949030949426 time but of it means dean/seth to end the show then I'm all for it
This.

heres the thing, im past hating on john cena. dude is a good promo, good to great in the ring, and has been the man for 10 years. i dont hate him.

but i dont want ANYONE i ebjoy watching, wrestling him. its not about the wins or loses really, but rarely does anyone look better after fueding with cena, save brock and he needed 16 suplexes to do it. keep ambrose away from Cena.
Pretty much sums up my feelings. 

Only reason I wanna see him get hurt is because he has to try and steal some of the shine from up and coming stars (D-Bry, Usos for example)

Finally getting around to watching NOC. Why was the #USTitle trending during the IC title match 
laugh.gif

They really called Florida Georga Line the hottest group in the world today?

Why does Cole have to dub EVERYTHING as the greatest or the best

Don't understand why Dean Ambrose is about to be a victim to the Burial Adjustment.

Yo DC write WWE a letter telling them to keep Cena from the up and comers. He's like Majin Buu, going around absorbing everything good.

Back
Top Bottom