Wrestling Thread October 1st-31st/ No Mercy Tonight At 8PM ET/ Dolph Zigger Last Match

It's pretty entertaining seeing things come full circle with John Cena. As hard as he trying to say otherwise he's evolved into The Rock

That was so damn good. He told Dean, "You call me lazy. Well that INSULT is lazy." He cooked Dean

Good stuff Cena

STOP IT

WHen Nakamura was the IC Champ, the IC Championship was at one point higher than the IWGP Title. Remember, the fans voted that HE headlined the Tokyo Dome show instead of them Champ Naito.

Those "Mid card:rolleyes" titles right

Wasn't Okada champion, but Naito was challenging for it. Fans just weren't behind babyface Naito, who was getting the push at that time.

I still need to watch Naito vs Elgin.

That's good to hear. The only interaction I've ever had with her was in character at NXT when JDC told her he loved her, and she basically told him to F off. [emoji]128514[/emoji]

Yeah I heard she would stay in character 100% for NXT meet/greets and stuff like that. Also heard somewhere back then to stay in heel persona she would have a autograph stamper w/ her instead of signing autographs. :lol:

*edit found pics of stamper

View media item 2181133View media item 2181134View media item 2181135

Last edited:
Okada was the champion at the time when Naito was going for it after winning the G1 in 2012.

Nakamura elevated the belt to MAIN EVENT levels.

We can honestly say Miz has done the same for the IC Title?

Okada was the champion at the time when Naito was going for it after winning the G1 in 2012.

No, but he's on the way. Knowing WWE though, he'll probably drop the belt and be elevated to main event.

Nah. It isn't the same degree but Miz has elevated the IC belt like I did for NTWT. I was washing dudes(everyone got washed by me during this timeframe) and got putin a Fatal 4 Way with 3 members of the same stable. :frown: :smh: :x I never even got pinned or submitted but I digress...

No, but he's on the way. Knowing WWE though, he'll probably drop the belt and be elevated to main event.

On his way? HE or the Belt?

Not HIM being on his way, but the IC TITLE being on it's way of being a Headlining Title.

That isn't' happening. No chance, in hell.

Nah. It isn't the same degree but Miz has elevated the IC belt like I did for NTWT. I was washing dudes(everyone got washed by me during this timeframe) and got putin a Fatal 4 Way with 3 members of the same stable. :frown: :smh: :x I never even got pinned or submitted but I digress...
He has elevated the IC title. I never denied that.

I was arguing him doing it ANYWHERE NEAR the level Nakamura did in New Japan.

I've said this before... They are nothing alike... The Rock wrestled for 5 years... Cena has wrestled for 15... Cena has put his time in much more than the Rock ever did...
Very true. You really have to respect John Cena's dedication to the sport as a competitor and an ambassador. Is he my favorite personality? Hell no...but to stand at the pinnacle of your profession for over a decade means something. John Cena is like a slightly more organic Triple H.

Nakamura has regressed since he's been in NXT

True or false?
Regressed in terms of what?

He is the same dude he was before.

If anything, the American style of Showmanship has improved.

So I wouldn't make that claim

In ring, he doesn't need to do nearly as much as he did in Japan... In Japan, singles matches are fairly rare, not so much in WWE... He only goes balls out big shows, and that's good...

The IC title was originally the stepping stone to main event status.

That should never have been changed.

Cena having the US Challenge did more for that title than anything WWE has done since bringing the title back to life.

Cena washed Ambrose on Talking Smack. Ambrose can't let that slide, the only option is shooting Cena.

I would be fine with Nakamura beating Miz at WM for the title Then have the Miz move to challenge AJ and Miz knowing what he did wrong vs Nakamura then bringing a new aggressive style in the match up vs AJ.

Back
Top Bottom