Wrestling Thread October 1st-31st/ No Mercy Tonight At 8PM ET/ Dolph Zigger Last Match

It's funny how raw doesn't have a women's roster or a tag team division. New Day been washing the club for almost 3 months.

Bryan Alvarez & Lance Storm had a discussion about the botched brand split and what moves should've been made instead of the final rosters we, the fans, ultimately received...

Alvarez had this scenario...

I'm paraphrasing somewhat

They should've done a divisional brand split instead of having two of everything which is overkill...

They could have had two options: A group of Heavyweight wrestlers Tag Team division...no lack of tag teams, no lack of women wrestlers... no lacking of anything

OR

2nd option:  Smackdown will have the Cruiserweights and the Women's division....that's it

RAW would have all the Heavyweights and all the Tag Teams... that's it
[/CONTENTEMBED]

After Alvarez made that known he went on to say that fans don't give a **** about weight especially when you're a star ( talking about UFC in particular & this could be applied to the WWE/ or Pro wrestling in general )   

Alvarez said If they went the UFC route by using the emphasis of weight i.e. what they did with the CWC,if you're over 205 lbs you're a heavyweight headed to RAW ... under 205 you're a cruiserweight headed to Smackdown. He said that means Finn Balor is out of the Heavyweight division, easily... If Seth Rollins happened to be 204 lbs legit, he's a cruiserweight headed to SD, no excuses... 

Also putting the emphasis on calling it the "world cruiserweight championship" instead of cruiserweight championship

I mean they did a world tournament to an extent...it makes sense

@DCAllAmerican
  @casekicks
  @cosmiccoffee9
    @CelticsPride34
what do you think? 

No way the USA network would invest in a show with only CWs and women

Wow Miz just dropped a ton of bricks on Dolph Ziggler :lol: :lol: :x Dolph was having a damn breakdown up there

Miz went off on Dolph too? SmackDown segment again?

Yea, in-rin promo, not Talking Smack

I dunno. 

I actually like that 3 of them are on RAW and the last one on SD with the other women.

Let them bicker amongst each other on RAW and give all the other talent a chance to actually look strong on SD.

When the womens division on RAW gets stale, Im sure they make some storyline to trade ppl around once they build up some women stars on SD

COMPLETELY forgot to watch SD last night. How was it?
Co-signing this. With all of those chicks on Raw, it actually seems like there is some legit parity on Smackdown and they can all be made to look strong. I don't really mind it, tbh.

tumblr_obq316RO5t1s066k8o1_400.gif

My issue with Bayley, Sasha, and Charlotte on the same show is all about EXPOSURE.

They are your cornerstones. You don't want them touching each other ALREADY if they are probably going to be around for 10 years as the stars of your division.

Being on the same roster forces you to put them in a 3-Way on a B+ Player PPV. WHY? Why do that ALREADY?

I just like to think long term. They are KILLING themselves.

And if they were going to ever try and have women headline a PPV, who is going to care about it when they have already been at it so many times previously?

Split them up, keep them away from eachother, then bring them together on a MAJOR show
I see them sort of like the shield.

Group them together now. Let it become 'tired'.

Switch up the rosters.

Forget about the rivalries. Let the ppl fiend for them to do another BIG match together.

Delay for years. 

Book them for SS 2019/WM 2019.

I dunno. All Im saying is that they COULD play their cards right

But then again, its WWE lol

Wow!

That is so cool man!
You a *******. 
laugh.gif

In theory, a lot of things COULD work. Give me a list of guys on the main roster who would be in the cruiser weight division right now, maybe that will change my mind if the talent is deep enough.
*cracks knuckles*

Okay so if you're talking about supplementing the CWC class with the best wrestlers who could conceivably cut weight to 205, the list goes something like:

Balor (RIP), Rollins, Zayn, Dolph, Jericho, Crews, A. Neville, Styles, Sin Cara and Slater.

I also think Seth and Cesaro could do damage in both divisions, and I thought about Miz but his ego weighs a good 35 pounds so he's well over the limit.

Take half of those guys and throw them in the mix, and that still leaves you with most of the roster to play with for the heavyweight divisions of both rosters and would absolutely lead to the best CW matches this side of '98.

With the CWs taking up an hour or more of Smackdown, you only need maybe 8 or so top heavyweights (let's say Cesaro, Orton, Cena, Sheamus, Show, Swagger, KO, Titus, and a couple of guys like Rawley and Corbin) and some local competition to round out a full card every week.

2 hours, 2 titles, 2 sweet.

This plan gives Raw the IC title, Tag Tam titles, Women's title, and a heavyweight title as well as all former Shield members and all the Wyatts while leaving most long term tag units intact. Seems about right for the presentation-heavier style of the Monday night card. Hell, top athletes on both sides of the split can fight over one unified heavyweight belt.

Factor in guys like Samoa Joe and Nakamura on opposite sides of the split, wait for Shelton to heal up and send him off to Smackdown, and we've got two totally different events every week.
It's funny how raw doesn't have a women's roster or a tag team division. New Day been washing the club for almost 3 months.
I really don't understand it.

Why would you split up the womens' division when at any given time there are maybe 15 women in the world (and that's generous) capable of performing at the highest level?  

Why would you split up the Tag Team division when Raw could have some of the best tandem bouts ever when you look at the roster?

I don't get it.

Last edited:
Can't wait til Miz puts the final nail in Dolph's coffin

What do you think is the next step in this feud?

I don't believe Job Ziggles is really retiring but I also don't see what would be next for him if he does finally go over.

Maybe he wins the title at No Mercy but immediately loses the return match the following Smackdown which leads to him just quiting and going away for a few months.

Can't wait til Miz puts the final nail in Dolph's coffin

What do you think is the next step in this feud?

I don't believe Job Ziggles is really retiring but I also don't see what would be next for him if he does finally go over.

Maybe he wins the title at No Mercy but immediately loses the return match the following Smackdown which leads to him just quiting and going away for a few months.

Ziggler - some say I'm too damn good
Renae - What does that mean?
Ziggler - I don't know

View media item 2180877

I wish the WWE brought back some older cruiserweights from the WCW days...but they're probably old now lol.

As good as Miz and Dolph's segment was, this is still the GOAT Smackdown segment in Cleveland.

[Video][\Video][/Video]

I like Dolph :\

Everytime a wrestler leaves i appreciate them more :wow:

Alberto, Damien Sandow, Dudleys.

and the list goes on.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom