Wrestling Thread October 1st-31st/ No Mercy Tonight At 8PM ET/ Dolph Zigger Last Match

I think it strains the credibility of a federation to schedule such sideshow-style mismatches. You see stuff like that in small Japanese MMA promotions, tiny karate expert vs 600 pound sumo, retired kickboxing champ against untrained young bar brawler...it's nothing you'd expect out of a billion-dollar enterprise.

Women generally don't do well in direct physical competitions with men. Olympic womens' teams regularly lose to elite amateur boys and a journeyman tennis player once beat the Williams sisters back to back after a brewski-filled summer afternoon. It's interesting in these modern times to explore themes of equality in all forums, but perhaps that initiative should not expand to serious athletic competition.

All that typed, they did not have to do Lita like that tho. 
laugh.gif

Some competitors I've taken note of for their in-ring endurance are Seth Rollins, AJ Styles, A. Cesaro and Sami Zayn. John Cena deserves mention here for his performance in grueling bouts, and although they've yet to prove their mettle on the biggest stage, athletes like Samoa Joe and Nakamura have both been noted for successfull grinding out matches during their careers. Ziggler and Sheamus seem to have pretty good tanks on them as well, and Kevin Owens seems to carry through his longer matches with a remarkable amount of energy, particularly given his size and and taxing offensive arsenal.

Seth Rollins has to be feeling absolutely alone. Without his brothers from the Shield, who he stabbed in the back in an ill-advised deal with the devil, or the protections of the corporate machine, Rollins is effectively in the same place he started as an NXT newcomer...a talented and confident wrestler with everything to prove. I expect he'll address his career crossroads soon, and it wouldn't be a bad idea to start with an apology to the fans he arrogantly shunned while he was on top of the world.

I don't expect he'll win them over immediately after his actions over the past year or so, but if he sincerely recognizes the error of his ways and commits himself to become the best competitor he can be, he'll gradually gain their respect on an organic level as well as prove to himself he can be Seth F. Rollins without the backing of the Shield, the Authority, J&J, or anyone else.
PWtorch bruh

This is sad

Jericho flew from Tampa, where he lives, to Detroit, then to Kansas City for Monday night's episode of Raw. On Wednesday, WWE will be in London for a one-night only show at the O2. Two days later, Jericho and much of the Raw roster will be in the Philippines for a show in Manila. On Saturday, WWE will head to China for Bin Wang's debut in Shanghai, then it's back to the United States in time for next week's episode of Raw in Baltimore. 

No wonder why nobody wants to return

Sasha byke tonight.

She must've finally recovered from Okada clapping her cheeks.

I just read on WWE.com that Sasha said she'll be on RAM tonight with some bad news..

Sup fellas, and DC.

Was away all weekend with my girl and some of her fam.

Ready for Raw KO :pimp:

A SD Cruiserweight division to be added. Vince wants the same amount of belts on each brand.

Back
Top Bottom