Wrestling Thread May 4-10 | 5/5 NXT E:60 8pm et Tonight on ESPN; Sami Zayn Having MRI

late night what up .. got my second rib tattoo earlier .. in super pain right now.. also got my girls first initial inside my lip for mothers day and her birthday ( sun/mon) .. she loved it.. im watching wcw souled out 97 .. its crazy to me how WCW screwed up what they had...

late night what up .. got my second rib tattoo earlier .. in super pain right now.. also got my girls first initial inside my lip for mothers day and her birthday ( sun/mon) .. she loved it.. im watching wcw souled out 97 .. its crazy to me how WCW screwed up what they had...

I truly wonder what would happen if WCW won in the Monday night wars. How much of the blame is on Russo doe?

nerd.gif

Last edited:
Inside your lip???

Man, I wanna get a tattoo.

:lol: na he can still go. In great shape for his age. He was money when he became Bully Ray in TNA. Prolly got a couple years left in the tank

Last edited:
i dont blame vince russo.. the company was screwed before that .. he might of made the damage worse, but he was brought in to rejuvenate the company after WWF started beating them consistently. who knows what could of happened if they had someone like Paul E that was super passionate about the business and was someone who was ahead of the curve.. I'm not saying actually Paul E, but someone who had that passion and brain for the business.

They had an open check book, which hurt them in the end, prime time tv slots, marketing teams. they had everything to win, except the team to make it happen.. Bishoff gets a ton of credit for making them competitive against vince, but all he did was big out blotted terrible contracts, and depending who you ask thought of the Nwo thing. but after the first 6 months of the storyline it went nowhere except downhill.

Imagine if Vince and the WWF creative thought of the nWo and that happened in WWf. It would of had proper buildup of feuds and arcs to storylines and huge mega payoffs.

Inside your lip???

Man, I wanna get a tattoo.

yea just an 'H' for halle.. it wasnt the most painful one i have. but it hurt like a *****.. i have my arm, chest stomach and both ribs done, and the lip was on of the most painful. the only saving grace was that it was only a 5 minute tattoo haha

they didn't have the lineage, the natural roots in the history of wrestling

the business then more than now was still heavy on honoring the some of the traditions, some of the m.o.

this factor in vince's favor can not be denied

that very thing that was his advantage then has now been more eroded or even destroyed by vince himself
no true competition or as close as he can get strips future generations of wrestlers of those traditions that were handed down...

some of them by pat patterson himself

vinces plan all along was to exploit the wrestling business and turn it into an entertainment business, which he has. He killed kayfabe 1000 times over, and doesnt even seem to care. Vince never cared about history or anything like that. If vince could sell the wrestling part of his umbrella and still stay as profitable with his other entertainment ventures he'd do it in a heart beat.

Only way this company will be great again is when the man himself that brought it to where it is... Is the one the walks away from the company... I think the product is better than it was 3-5 years ago... Is this considered a new era in yalls mind? Or are we still stuck in the PG era

Only way this company will be great again is when the man himself that brought it to where it is... Is the one the walks away from the company... I think the product is better than it was 3-5 years ago... Is this considered a new era in yalls mind? Or are we still stuck in the PG era

the 'pg' era is over.. but the company is still pg.. It will never be where it was with the raunchiness and playboy and tv14/MA. But i said it before, ill say it again, There will be another boom period in wrestling. When or how it happens is beyond me. But in the early/mid 90s no one ever thought it would blow up like it did with hulkamania. And then BOOM nwo/austin 316 happened.

I just think back then there was soooooo many super stars. Even the B players were all huge names. I don't know if that will happen again. If you go back and watch WWF from late 80s and early 90s and then WCW the name value those guys had was incredible.

realistically how many guys from WWE can leave and go to TNA or another company and put them on WWE's level? how it was with WCW... Cena? CM Punk? Rollins? i wanna say Orton but I don't know.

Back
Top Bottom