Wrestling Thread May 16-23/ Extreme Rules this Sunday/ Dee Guy Vs AJ Styles for the WWE Championship

Do you watch other wrestling promotions besides WWE?

• Yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No WWE 4 life

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Killing some time before Preakness and NBA Playoffs. Just started ECW One Night Stand 2005. What was the buildup to this?

I wanna say it was a feel-good ECW based thing, until the WWE/Vince felt like you couldn't have a true ECW PPV without having the WWE injected into storylines. Raw and Smackdown guys were sitting high up and JBL and Bishoff running their mouths and ****. I think one Raw or two leading up to it had Rhino, the Dudleys, Dreamer, RVD and some others standing tall on Raw. That was probably one of my favorite PPVs around that time. The true ECW feeling was captured, unlike months after the relaunch of ECW in 2006

Is that the one where RVD cashed in?

Nah, that was 2006

Damn Cody is only 30 for real.

Had to look that up when I read it in here; thought he was in his mid thirties for some reason.

He made the best outta some of his meh gimmicks like Stardust for one.

And during his run he bagged Eden and Layla when she was in her prime and Peep was still alive.

Ain't eem mad.

Wonder how this affects Eden's WWE career?

Damn Cody is only 30 for real.

Had to look that up when I read it in here; thought he was in his mid thirties for some reason.

He made the best outta some of his meh gimmicks like Stardust for one.

And during his run he bagged Eden and Layla when she was in her prime and Peep was still alive.

Ain't eem mad.

Wonder how this affects Eden's WWE career?
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

@Mister Saint Laurent

Had an interesting concept for the US and I titles.

US: American born division on the road to World title

IC: Foreign born division on the road to Worls title

Essentially creates two divisions and if yall get your brand split, maybe each one can be defended and FEATURED as the main title of each show

Just have world title defended on BIG shows
honestly this would not be bad bc it would essentially make every title important if done correctly

Treat the WWEWHC like Brock Lesnar

Makes all the other belts all the more important

And with talent like KO, SZ, BJ, SS (Swiss Superman come one you know this) running circuit around them, dont see how it would fail

I mean....except for the marks in here, we all already hate Reigns so why ruin every Monday with him

I wanna say it was a feel-good ECW based thing, until the WWE/Vince felt like you couldn't have a true ECW PPV without having the WWE injected into storylines. Raw and Smackdown guys were sitting high up and JBL and Bishoff running their mouths and ****. I think one Raw or two leading up to it had Rhino, the Dudleys, Dreamer, RVD and some others standing tall on Raw. That was probably one of my favorite PPVs around that time. The true ECW feeling was captured, unlike months after the relaunch of ECW in 2006
Just finished. The matches were all pretty trash, but it was a very fun show. Crowd was nuts.

honestly this would not be bad bc it would essentially make every title important if done correctly

That's basically treating the IC title like a MITB contract. And do they even have enough foreign wrestlers for their own title?

The WWE WHC should be reserved for the face of the company, IC title for the top wrestler, and US title for Cena.

Back
Top Bottom