Wrestling Thread Mar29-Apr4 | 4/2 WWE Smackdown - Must Watch Show

pimp.gif
at the SD spoiler.

Originally Posted by TheWindScar31

Spoiler [+]
although I was thinking on Monday night it would be hilarious if he just went back and forth trying to cash in on each champ lol.

laugh.gif
I was hoping for the same thing. This is good too though.

Spoiler [+]
so we have 2 heels and a tweener (edge) involved in the whc........this could be a really good feud

That Smackdown spoiler is very interesting.

A certain wrestling thread regular will be very happy.
nerd.gif

Anyone care to explain the NXT rules in full? I only got bits and pieces of it.

nerd.gif

Originally Posted by Club29

so i read the spoiler and i just splooged all over my monitor
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by toine2983

nerd.gif

Who? May give me hints.
nerd.gif

*AHEM*

Spoiler [+]
Originally Posted by iLL I AM

YO!
Originally Posted by iLL I AM

Swagger hasn't really done anything the last few months but reports are saying Swagger is supposed to receive a big time push after Wrestlemania.
Told y'all...
pimp.gif

They're serious about making new stars...this was all pushed by Vince.

smh.gif
@ Y2J losing the belt so soon though (these constant title changes are ABSURD). I just read it was decided shortly after Wrestlemania that Swagger would cash in at this week's TV tapings since they didn't want him hanging around with the briefcase for too long. IMO, they should have done it on RAW...took away the surprise factor by having it done taped.
eyes.gif

I honestly thought Swagger would've been the first one to cash in and lose
laugh.gif

I would've liked to see Swagger get built up a bit more before giving him the win, but he's a good worker and a fresh face in the main event scene so I can't complain too much...

Remember, keep all this talk within the spoilers...not everyone reads the Smackdown spoilers ahead of time.
Originally Posted by Club29

so i read the spoiler and i just splooged all over my monitor
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by GotHolesInMySocks

Spoiler [+]
We've got some major news coming out of Tuesday night's WWE SmackDown tapings, set to air this Friday night.
Money in the Bank winner Jack Swagger cashed in his briefcase and defeated Chris Jericho and become the new World Heavyweight Champion.
At the beginning of the show, Chris Jericho came out and had a confrontation with Edge. Edge attacked Jericho to reveal that his ribs were taped up from their match at WrestleMania.
Jack Swagger's music hit and he attacked the battered champion.
Swagger hit a powerbomb and got the pinfall, capturing his first World Heavyweight title. The crowd was said to be "stunned" after the title change.

wow!!

WOW! I thought this was a April Fools joke but its not.

The Official News & Notes[emoji]8482[/emoji] Post

Jack Swagger to get "pushed to the moon".

The decision to put Jack Swagger over as the Money in the Bank winner was done last Thursday and finalized late Saturday/early Sunday. A source has told me Swagger is expected to be "pushed to the moon" post-Wrestlemania.

Stone Cold Steve Austin says he "absolutely" has one more match left in him.

[font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]In an interview with the Ottawa Sun, WWE Hall of Famer “Stone Cold[/font]

2:53: During a conversation about Batista breaking Cena's neck two years ago, Striker utters this beauty: "I can tell you from experience being in the ring that your neck means EVERYTHING to your success." You know, as opposed to the other sports.
laugh.gif
It's hard to top Cole but Striker was terrible during the entire telecast.

WWE Hall of Famer Jim Ross has updated his blog, which you can (and should) read in its entirety at JRsBarBQ.com. In this long entry, Ross talks about WrestleMania 26, Shawn Michaels' retirement and more. Some highlights:

Michaels vs. Undertaker II: "The highlight of the evening was Undertaker vs. Shawn Michaels which was obviously the match of the night. I've answered a few emails regarding this matter and it is obvious that I would have loved to have broadcast this bout but that wasn't in the cards. At least I was in Phoenix and saw the event live and was then able to spend significant time with both HBK and with Taker after the event in private settings. Those experiences became my Wrestlemania Moments."

Update On JR's Health & Future in WWE: "As for me, life is good and I am healthy and happy. For those that have erroneously written or assumed that the reason that I did not announce at WM26 was because of health concerns, that assumption is incorrect, I'm happy to say. Broadcasting wrestling in WWE is likely history for me but there are many other areas to which I can contribute in WWE and those options, among others, will be weighed over the next month."

Shawn Michaels' Retirement: "I do think that Shawn will call it a day after losing his retirement match Sunday. Shawn has been blessed to have earned a great deal of money over the years and especially since he returned from an approximate 4 year hiatus due to lingering back issues. Unlike many wrestlers who retire, HBK doesn't have to worry about financial or legal issues and will be able to be essentially a full time dad to his two, young children which is an amazing blessing."

"Shawn's farewell message Monday night on Raw was from his heart and not something that he read on a TelePrompter. What fans saw Monday night was legitimate, organic TV from arguably the greatest all around, in ring performer, certainly of his generation, and perhaps of all time. I sincerely appreciated Shawn's shout out to me on Raw which was, symbolically, a fitting end to my own Wrestlemania tenure."

Unless you have read all the SmackDown spoilers, do not open this spoiler.

Spoiler [+]

^wow at the vid...I have a big problem with that..read spoiler

Spoiler [+]
I for one like Jack Swagger and how they are finally pushing the younger guys. BUT, my problem is this is too forced. Swagger was a complete jobber before this. Everything was fine once he got drafted after his stint with ECW. He had pretty good segments with MVP. Then he got put in the doghouse.

what happens when he loses the belt. He's gonna get demoted back to mid-card IC feuds. I don't have a problem with pushing the younger guys, but don't rush the *#*(. I like the role CM Punk is taking on now and he's on his way back up. But when you finally turn main-event, you need to stay main event

can you imagine if he would have had a feud with Orton first? that would have been 
eek.gif
..that would've elevated him into the situation he is in now..but they completely rushed it

/rant
indifferent.gif

Winning the World Championship/WWE Championship so early with no struggle is such a bad look. It takes the genuine emotion of it all out of it since it comes so easy. That celebration looked so dry. Classic World Title post celebrations.

Back
Top Bottom