Wrestling Thread July 25-31 | 7/27 - Cena Wins WWE Title, Cena vs Punk @ SummerSlam to Unify Titles

Originally Posted by bmkten

Buyrates for this PPV could be astronomical. It seems like a lot of people (myself included) bought this program to let Vince know he is finally doing it right again. Hopefully the numbers won't be ignored. All the guys who wrote this stuff deserve promotions.

Very excited for tonight.

I'm not sure what would be considered astronomical, but the average B-PPV has been getting around 80,000 domestic.  I think MITB could easily have 160,000+ domestic, which would be a huge win, but those numbers are still nothing compared to what WWE used to do.  For reference, the Invasion PPV in 2001 with WWF vs WCW/ECW, that show did 775,000 domestic.

laurenitis lookin like my dude marty funkhouser
laugh.gif

carpoollane2.jpg

Originally Posted by bmkten

Buyrates for this PPV could be astronomical. It seems like a lot of people (myself included) bought this program to let Vince know he is finally doing it right again. Hopefully the numbers won't be ignored. All the guys who wrote this stuff deserve promotions.

Very excited for tonight.

I'm not sure what would be considered astronomical, but the average B-PPV has been getting around 80,000 domestic.  I think MITB could easily have 160,000+ domestic, which would be a huge win, but those numbers are still nothing compared to what WWE used to do.  For reference, the Invasion PPV in 2001 with WWF vs WCW/ECW, that show did 775,000 domestic.

is there any chance Del Rio doesn't win this thing? and or whoever does win he cashes right away?

Also I have a feeling....

Cena will be involved right at the end...unfortunately, unless it's done is a heelish way.

Also I have a feeling there will be no out right winner for the belt today...

is there any chance Del Rio doesn't win this thing? and or whoever does win he cashes right away?

Also I have a feeling....

Cena will be involved right at the end...unfortunately, unless it's done is a heelish way.

Also I have a feeling there will be no out right winner for the belt today...

Are you mad at the tournament concept because of who is in it? Or just in general 4w, I really don't think it is that bad of an idea, we've got what we wanted, NO PUNK and they are keeping the storyline in tact. The only gripe I could see with it is the contestants, but I like it, a lot of fresh faces in the mix, even though it'll probably come down to Mysterio/Miz with Mysterio winning and Del Rio cashing in.

Are you mad at the tournament concept because of who is in it? Or just in general 4w, I really don't think it is that bad of an idea, we've got what we wanted, NO PUNK and they are keeping the storyline in tact. The only gripe I could see with it is the contestants, but I like it, a lot of fresh faces in the mix, even though it'll probably come down to Mysterio/Miz with Mysterio winning and Del Rio cashing in.

I think del rio probablly gets screwed out of the championship again somehow in the last match leaving no one winning......but im hoping for an r truth victory lol

I think del rio probablly gets screwed out of the championship again somehow in the last match leaving no one winning......but im hoping for an r truth victory lol

Originally Posted by horchata kid

I'm hoping Daniel Bryan cashes in.

When the MITB was at WrestleMania, the winner could cash in with either champion.  But now since there is a MITB match for each brand, the briefcases are brand specific.  So Daniel Bryan will only be cashing in for the World Heavyweight Championship.

Originally Posted by horchata kid

I'm hoping Daniel Bryan cashes in.

When the MITB was at WrestleMania, the winner could cash in with either champion.  But now since there is a MITB match for each brand, the briefcases are brand specific.  So Daniel Bryan will only be cashing in for the World Heavyweight Championship.

I think Del Rio walks out with the title tonight. But I'm starving to waver on Del Rio unless Ricardo is back soon.

Back
Top Bottom