Wrestling Thread July 25-31 | 7/27 - Cena Wins WWE Title, Cena vs Punk @ SummerSlam to Unify Titles

pimp.gif
at Punk looking out for Ryder in that Comic Con video.

Originally Posted by fearthenut

Forgive me, but why is there so much online push behind Zack Ryder for him to get airtime? Is he just that good or does he just have a big online following?
What makes him so special? I'm just wondering since his name is brought up CONSTANTLY. Can someone inform me?

He has his own online channel. the internet loves his charisma. 

Forgive me, but why is there so much online push behind Zack Ryder for him to get airtime? Is he just that good or does he just have a big online following?
What makes him so special? I'm just wondering since his name is brought up CONSTANTLY. Can someone inform me?

He has his own online channel. the internet loves his charisma. 

Originally Posted by Dunk Demon

Watch his videos: http://www.youtube.com/user/LongIslandIcedZ

He has personality and he's funny. People want to see this on TV instead of lame dudes like Bourne, Swagger (I went there) and Kofi.

Originally Posted by Dunk Demon

Watch his videos: http://www.youtube.com/user/LongIslandIcedZ

He has personality and he's funny. People want to see this on TV instead of lame dudes like Bourne, Swagger (I went there) and Kofi.

Originally Posted by YardFather

Backstage Update On CM Punk & WWE

-- According to a backstage source, WWE has been calling late-night talk shows to try and get CM Punk booked so they can continue the storyline. They also plan on using Twitter and other social media outlets to keep CM Punk's name in the mix. There are no plans to mention his name on WWE TV though.

-- During a recent meeting, WWE talents were told not to mention Punk’s name in interviews for now. Prior to RAW on Monday, Justin Roberts announced that WWE management has banned the fans from chanting Punk’s name. Of course, that led to fans chanting his name during the Vince McMahon RAW promo.

-- There are only a very select people in WWE who really know what the deal is with CM Punk.

Source: The Wrestling Observer Newsletter

People may not know what the official deal is, but there is no denying that he has signed a new deal.

Originally Posted by YardFather

Backstage Update On CM Punk & WWE

-- According to a backstage source, WWE has been calling late-night talk shows to try and get CM Punk booked so they can continue the storyline. They also plan on using Twitter and other social media outlets to keep CM Punk's name in the mix. There are no plans to mention his name on WWE TV though.

-- During a recent meeting, WWE talents were told not to mention Punk’s name in interviews for now. Prior to RAW on Monday, Justin Roberts announced that WWE management has banned the fans from chanting Punk’s name. Of course, that led to fans chanting his name during the Vince McMahon RAW promo.

-- There are only a very select people in WWE who really know what the deal is with CM Punk.

People may not know what the official deal is, but there is no denying that he has signed a new deal.

Backstage Update On John Laurinaitis & WWE

As many of you saw on RAW this past week, John Laurinaitis was sporting a black eye. There was some speculation backstage that he had make-up applied to further the storyline but word is the black eye was legitimate. Cena apparently really connected with a punch at the Money in the Bank PPV. Also, part of the reason John Laurinaitis was with Vince McMahon at Money in the Bank for the run-in is because Vince has been told by his doctors not to take any bumps.

Speaking of Laurinaitis, there is lots of talk within WWE about his long-term future with the company. WWE has been looking for someone with a sports background to groom for a job in talent relations. It's no secret backstage that Triple H is not and has never been a big supporter of Laurinaitis. There has also been talk that Laurinaitis will become a full-time TV character, similar to how Pat Patterson and Gerald Brisco were to Vince McMahon years ago.

Backstage Update On Kevin Nash & WWE

-- Kevin Nash's WWE Legends deal is apparently different than everyone else's. The way it usually works with Legends Deals is you make a percentage of the revenue your name and likeness generate. In addition to that, they also pay you a small amount per year. According to a source, Nash is making much more than others and is doing very little work for the money he's being paid. It should also be noted that Nash is said to be frustrated because he thought the reaction he got at the Royal Rumble PPV would eventually lead to a bigger storyline on TV.

Backstage Heat On SD! Star

-- WWE officials are not all that impressed with SmackDown! star Jinder Mahal at the moment. He's received lackluster reviews at WWE live events and is said to be much more "green" than originally thought. Some within WWE feel he was called up from developmental way too soon. Mahal has been working alongside Daniel Bryan on house shows as Bryan is seen as someone who can carry his opponent when necessary. It should be noted though that Vince McMahon is a big fan of Mahal.

Backstage Update On John Laurinaitis & WWE

As many of you saw on RAW this past week, John Laurinaitis was sporting a black eye. There was some speculation backstage that he had make-up applied to further the storyline but word is the black eye was legitimate. Cena apparently really connected with a punch at the Money in the Bank PPV. Also, part of the reason John Laurinaitis was with Vince McMahon at Money in the Bank for the run-in is because Vince has been told by his doctors not to take any bumps.

Speaking of Laurinaitis, there is lots of talk within WWE about his long-term future with the company. WWE has been looking for someone with a sports background to groom for a job in talent relations. It's no secret backstage that Triple H is not and has never been a big supporter of Laurinaitis. There has also been talk that Laurinaitis will become a full-time TV character, similar to how Pat Patterson and Gerald Brisco were to Vince McMahon years ago.

Backstage Update On Kevin Nash & WWE

-- Kevin Nash's WWE Legends deal is apparently different than everyone else's. The way it usually works with Legends Deals is you make a percentage of the revenue your name and likeness generate. In addition to that, they also pay you a small amount per year. According to a source, Nash is making much more than others and is doing very little work for the money he's being paid. It should also be noted that Nash is said to be frustrated because he thought the reaction he got at the Royal Rumble PPV would eventually lead to a bigger storyline on TV.

Backstage Heat On SD! Star

-- WWE officials are not all that impressed with SmackDown! star Jinder Mahal at the moment. He's received lackluster reviews at WWE live events and is said to be much more "green" than originally thought. Some within WWE feel he was called up from developmental way too soon. Mahal has been working alongside Daniel Bryan on house shows as Bryan is seen as someone who can carry his opponent when necessary. It should be noted though that Vince McMahon is a big fan of Mahal.

Originally Posted by 4wrestling

but there is no denying that he has signed a new deal.
the shirt made during money in the bank also gave it away.

in the upper right hand corner of his name WWE had his name trademarked

Originally Posted by sole vintage

They trademarked his name for merchandise weeks ago. I'm not saying he isn't signed to a new deal, he might be, we'll never know for sure.

Originally Posted by sole vintage

They trademarked his name for merchandise weeks ago. I'm not saying he isn't signed to a new deal, he might be, we'll never know for sure.

Originally Posted by AirVandal180

Originally Posted by 6 rings MJ

What?Undertaker vs HBK @ Wrestlemania 25.. didn't get a five star rating. .
I can understand the five stars. As great a match as HBK/Taker I was, it was an isolated program with no championship on the line and had no long-term effects on the company. The Punk/Cena match was for the biggest title in the business and the fact that, at least in storyline, the lineal WWE championship was cut off as a result, justifies the five stars IMO.
Taker/HBK got 4 3/4.
I really disagree with the 5* rating for this match.  It was awesome, but if you put that match in front of any other crowd, and it is not half as good.  Plus, there were way too many botches and obvious spot calling for it to be 5*.
when i went back and watched teh whole ppv again in HD, this was so painfully obvious. granted, cena is one of the worst when it comes to calling spots, all loud and obvious, and it seems like punk likes to call em when locked up in headlocksand the similar, but that combined with cena made for some pretty akward pauses before irish whips, cena acutally looking like he was trying  hard to listen to whispers in his ear
laugh.gif
sick.gif

Originally Posted by AirVandal180

Originally Posted by 6 rings MJ

What?Undertaker vs HBK @ Wrestlemania 25.. didn't get a five star rating. .
I can understand the five stars. As great a match as HBK/Taker I was, it was an isolated program with no championship on the line and had no long-term effects on the company. The Punk/Cena match was for the biggest title in the business and the fact that, at least in storyline, the lineal WWE championship was cut off as a result, justifies the five stars IMO.
Taker/HBK got 4 3/4.
I really disagree with the 5* rating for this match.  It was awesome, but if you put that match in front of any other crowd, and it is not half as good.  Plus, there were way too many botches and obvious spot calling for it to be 5*.
when i went back and watched teh whole ppv again in HD, this was so painfully obvious. granted, cena is one of the worst when it comes to calling spots, all loud and obvious, and it seems like punk likes to call em when locked up in headlocksand the similar, but that combined with cena made for some pretty akward pauses before irish whips, cena acutally looking like he was trying  hard to listen to whispers in his ear
laugh.gif
sick.gif

Might be just me, but I like the whole insane Sting storyline. I don't like it when he slips in to Heath Ledger Joker mode, but otherwise it's good.

Anybody know where Ric Flair has been?

Back
Top Bottom