Wrestling Thread July 25-31 | 7/27 - Cena Wins WWE Title, Cena vs Punk @ SummerSlam to Unify Titles

The fact that Riley was in the tournament speaks volumes, whether he was in it by default or not. They see him as a top 10 talent in their company.

Originally Posted by hombrelobo

Originally Posted by GL Rayner

Originally Posted by Scott Frost

The thought of Morrison returning annoys me

All he needs is a Manager and keep him off the mic and he's good money in my book.
Honestly, I don't know what else could be done to get him to that next level. He's done the manager thing.

triplehtbbtdtgtkoktb.png

pimp.gif

i hate hate hate hate HHH.
from the very start when he was hunter hearst helmsley.

then whe he started dating stephanie... god i hated him even more.

and now that hes going to take over... im done with new wwe.

ill just stick to laughing at old rock + sock connection videos.

the best days.

The fact that Riley was in the tournament speaks volumes, whether he was in it by default or not. They see him as a top 10 talent in their company.

Originally Posted by 4wrestling

Sin Cara Update
  • Everyone backstage today was under the impression that Sin Cara will NOT be brought back.
  • The reason Averno is still wrestling in CMLL is that WWE has known about this Wellness Violation since late June.  Averno will most likely not be brought in now.
  • There may be more to this story than just the wellness violation because guys are not released after one violation.
  • With him being pretty much banned from CMLL, it is likely he will end up in TNA because they can pay him more than AAA.
Now here's the real disappointment. All the hype surrounding this guy too. SMH

I was never as excited for the guy as most of you were. With him coming from a straight luchador background and not being able to speak English, it was always gonna be tough to get him over. He was def not gonna be the next Rey Mysterio IMO. I saw him having something like a ultimo dragon type run. Now it looks like he won't even get that.

Originally Posted by 4wrestling

Sin Cara Update
  • Everyone backstage today was under the impression that Sin Cara will NOT be brought back.
  • The reason Averno is still wrestling in CMLL is that WWE has known about this Wellness Violation since late June.  Averno will most likely not be brought in now.
  • There may be more to this story than just the wellness violation because guys are not released after one violation.
  • With him being pretty much banned from CMLL, it is likely he will end up in TNA because they can pay him more than AAA.
Now here's the real disappointment. All the hype surrounding this guy too. SMH

I was never as excited for the guy as most of you were. With him coming from a straight luchador background and not being able to speak English, it was always gonna be tough to get him over. He was def not gonna be the next Rey Mysterio IMO. I saw him having something like a ultimo dragon type run. Now it looks like he won't even get that.

All he needs is a Manager and keep him off the mic and he's good money in my book.
Honestly, I don't know what else could be done to get him to that next level. He's done the manager thing.

pimp.gif
But he has not had a "legit" manager like Vickie.

pimp.gif
But he has not had a "legit" manager like Vickie.

I got around to watching MITB and while it was a great show, it also illustrates how poorly Cena sells a match. After 30 mins he's still fresh running at VKM full speed screaming at him.

I got around to watching MITB and while it was a great show, it also illustrates how poorly Cena sells a match. After 30 mins he's still fresh running at VKM full speed screaming at him.

Originally Posted by rcdp

You know, I didn't even think about this factor at that moment. I was just more relieved that he put a stop to the potential screwjob finish I was cringing at.

You know, I didn't even think about this factor at that moment. I was just more relieved that he put a stop to the potential screwjob finish I was cringing at.

Originally Posted by MrMundayNite

He's not a top 10 talent not even close. It speaks volumes because there is no else one on the Raw roster who is worth putting in the ring. This why the brands need to merge. Then you can have true #1 contenders instead of Alex Riley being in the title picture.

For Sin Cara to be possibly released after one violation says a lot as to how he's perceived backstage because even multiple offenders were given multiple shots before they were shown the door.

He's not a top 10 talent not even close. It speaks volumes because there is no else one on the Raw roster who is worth putting in the ring. This why the brands need to merge. Then you can have true #1 contenders instead of Alex Riley being in the title picture.

For Sin Cara to be possibly released after one violation says a lot as to how he's perceived backstage because even multiple offenders were given multiple shots before they were shown the door.

Ok, here's how I rank the Raw guys (this is based on WWE.com's Raw roster).  This has nothing to do with my person opinions of the guys.  It's how I think WWE currently has them booked on the card:
Active Roster:

1. John Cena
  2. Alberto Del Rio
  3. Rey Mysterio
  4. The Miz
  5. Dolph Ziggler
  6. Kofi Kingston
  7. R-Truth
  8. Alex Riley
  9. Jack Swagger
  10. Evan Bourne
  11. David Otunga
  12. Michael McGuillicutty
  13. Santino Marella
  14. Vladimir Kozlov
  15. Drew McIntyre
Others:

• Chris Masters
  • Curt Hawkins
  • David Hart Smith
  • JTG
  • Primo
  • Tyler Reks
  • Zack Ryder
Injured:

• Big Show
  • John Morrison
  • Mason Ryan
  • Skip Sheffield
Inactive

• CM Punk
  • Goldust
  • Husky Harris
  • Triple H

The ONLY possible person to replace Riley in the tournament was Evan Bourne.  So saying "Well, WWE thinks highly of Riley to put him in this tournament" really isn't saying a whole lot.

Ok, here's how I rank the Raw guys (this is based on WWE.com's Raw roster).  This has nothing to do with my person opinions of the guys.  It's how I think WWE currently has them booked on the card:
Active Roster:

1. John Cena
  2. Alberto Del Rio
  3. Rey Mysterio
  4. The Miz
  5. Dolph Ziggler
  6. Kofi Kingston
  7. R-Truth
  8. Alex Riley
  9. Jack Swagger
  10. Evan Bourne
  11. David Otunga
  12. Michael McGuillicutty
  13. Santino Marella
  14. Vladimir Kozlov
  15. Drew McIntyre
Others:

• Chris Masters
  • Curt Hawkins
  • David Hart Smith
  • JTG
  • Primo
  • Tyler Reks
  • Zack Ryder
Injured:

• Big Show
  • John Morrison
  • Mason Ryan
  • Skip Sheffield
Inactive

• CM Punk
  • Goldust
  • Husky Harris
  • Triple H

The ONLY possible person to replace Riley in the tournament was Evan Bourne.  So saying "Well, WWE thinks highly of Riley to put him in this tournament" really isn't saying a whole lot.

Cena may not be a good seller, but him running fresh 30 minutes into the match is a testament to the amazing conditioning he has, not that he doesn't sell well in a match.

Cena may not be a good seller, but him running fresh 30 minutes into the match is a testament to the amazing conditioning he has, not that he doesn't sell well in a match.

More Chavo talking nonsense

On Eddie's Passing: "I always thought the WWE really dropped the ball after Eddie passed. I always thought the WWE didn't really want to cash in on Eddie's death. But I remember wrestling Triple H and the fans really went crazy for it. But they went with Rey for WrestleMania 22. And I went into Vince's office and told him that could be me. The fans could really get behind me. And instead that went into me turning heel and having a great program with Rey"

On John Cena: "He hasn't contacted me since I made those comments. People ask me why did you call him directly? And I did. Many of us did. I called him lazy on twitter. Don't get me wrong. He works hard. In the gym. But he always has the exact same comeback. I just remember watching him and saying this isn't the way we (myself and Eddie) taught you. And we keep seeing him doing the same shoulder tackle, hip-toss 5-Knuckle-Shuffle."

On Who He Wants To Work With: "I would love to work with AJ Styles. We always used to call him 'AJ Steals' because we thought he was always stealing our moves. But I knew him since he was just a kid breaking into the business. But I would also like to work with Kurt Angle again and to see him again. But in the WWE, I guess a heel Randy Orton would be good to work against."

roll.gif
roll.gif
God, I hate this guy.

On Eddie's Passing: "I always thought the WWE really dropped the ball after Eddie passed. I always thought the WWE didn't really want to cash in on Eddie's death. But I remember wrestling Triple H and the fans really went crazy for it. But they went with Rey for WrestleMania 22. And I went into Vince's office and told him that could be me. The fans could really get behind me. And instead that went into me turning heel and having a great program with Rey"

On John Cena: "He hasn't contacted me since I made those comments. People ask me why did you call him directly? And I did. Many of us did. I called him lazy on twitter. Don't get me wrong. He works hard. In the gym. But he always has the exact same comeback. I just remember watching him and saying this isn't the way we (myself and Eddie) taught you. And we keep seeing him doing the same shoulder tackle, hip-toss 5-Knuckle-Shuffle."

On Who He Wants To Work With: "I would love to work with AJ Styles. We always used to call him 'AJ Steals' because we thought he was always stealing our moves. But I knew him since he was just a kid breaking into the business. But I would also like to work with Kurt Angle again and to see him again. But in the WWE, I guess a heel Randy Orton would be good to work against."

roll.gif
roll.gif
God, I hate this guy.

Someone who follows closely, I'd like an opinion.

Do you think WWE merchandise sales would suffer if they tried to REALLY turn Cena heel? I mean, it sounds like half the crowd, definitely the older side of it, hates him anyway? Even when he's trying not to sound cliche, he does. I'd really consider tuning in more often if he ditched the head to toe matching gear and didn't seem like such a billboard. Even when DX/Stone Cold/Rocky were all "selling" they didn't seem so blatant. Dude has on a hat/sweatband/armband/armband/t-shirt combo.

Someone who follows closely, I'd like an opinion.

Do you think WWE merchandise sales would suffer if they tried to REALLY turn Cena heel? I mean, it sounds like half the crowd, definitely the older side of it, hates him anyway? Even when he's trying not to sound cliche, he does. I'd really consider tuning in more often if he ditched the head to toe matching gear and didn't seem like such a billboard. Even when DX/Stone Cold/Rocky were all "selling" they didn't seem so blatant. Dude has on a hat/sweatband/armband/armband/t-shirt combo.

Originally Posted by DangerousG

roll.gif
roll.gif
God, I hate this guy.

Man, Chavo thinks way too highly of himself. If he's so great why didn't he and Sin Cara tear the house down at Over The Limit? Give me a break.

Originally Posted by DangerousG

roll.gif
roll.gif
God, I hate this guy.

Man, Chavo thinks way too highly of himself. If he's so great why didn't he and Sin Cara tear the house down at Over The Limit? Give me a break.

Chavo using the Guerrero name to his benefit. If he was related to La Parka he'd be the hispanic Virgil....

Chavo using the Guerrero name to his benefit. If he was related to La Parka he'd be the hispanic Virgil....

Back
Top Bottom