Wrestling Thread July 25-31 | 7/27 - Cena Wins WWE Title, Cena vs Punk @ SummerSlam to Unify Titles

Listening to Observer Radio right now...
  • Vince has been showing signs of fatigue lately.  Vince is someone who sleeps 3-4 hours a day.  However, while he still does this, he has been having one "crash" day a week where he sleeps all day.
  • The plan to actually pass the torch and majority of responsibilities to HHH is planned for around the time of WrestleMania.  However, there is no firm date and no exact outline of what will happen between Vince and HHH.  As long as Vince is alive and has his health, he will always have some type of control over the company.

• Vince has been showing signs of fatigue lately.  Vince is someone who sleeps 3-4 hours a day.  However, while he still does this, he has been having one "crash" day a week where he sleeps all day.
  • The plan to actually pass the torch and majority of responsibilities to HHH is planned for around the time of WrestleMania.  However, there is no firm date and no exact outline of what will happen between Vince and HHH.  As long as Vince is alive and has his health, he will always have some type of control over the company.

4W - Which sets up the Rock screwing Cena at MSG with VKM letting Punk win the titles.

Remember, VKM blames Cena for this, Not punk. VKM will be in the Rock's corner for the match.   His way of being a part of everything.    I do not think Punk will be the reason Vince is back. I think it will be the Rock.

4W - Which sets up the Rock screwing Cena at MSG with VKM letting Punk win the titles.

Remember, VKM blames Cena for this, Not punk. VKM will be in the Rock's corner for the match.   His way of being a part of everything.    I do not think Punk will be the reason Vince is back. I think it will be the Rock.

Originally Posted by VC3FAN

Good thoughts.
I also really hope the Cena vs Rock match isn't for the title, because Rock winning the title makes no sense.  It would be much better if it was Punk vs HHH for the title with them really building up the importance of the WWE Title and how much power it entails.

Originally Posted by VC3FAN

Good thoughts.
I also really hope the Cena vs Rock match isn't for the title, because Rock winning the title makes no sense.  It would be much better if it was Punk vs HHH for the title with them really building up the importance of the WWE Title and how much power it entails.

Originally Posted by 4wrestling

i can relate
30t6p3b.gif

i can relate
30t6p3b.gif

Originally Posted by Mitchellicious

What's with all the wrestling scholars that have entered this thread since the start of Raw?

Damn good show. I wish I had watched Raw before I read the new title of this thread though. Oh well.

Originally Posted by Mitchellicious

What's with all the wrestling scholars that have entered this thread since the start of Raw?

Damn good show. I wish I had watched Raw before I read the new title of this thread though. Oh well.

Originally Posted by Scott Frost

CM Punk will be Vince's way of getting back control.

so then who will be the heel? cm punk or hhh?  vince can never stay face for too long lol

Originally Posted by Scott Frost

CM Punk will be Vince's way of getting back control.

so then who will be the heel? cm punk or hhh?  vince can never stay face for too long lol

I also want to proudly say that last night was the official end of Alex Riley.  I may have been a few weeks off, but this dude is DONE.

I also want to proudly say that last night was the official end of Alex Riley.  I may have been a few weeks off, but this dude is DONE.

Originally Posted by hombrelobo

laugh.gif
@ Andy being bothered by meth heads during his segment. I like him. But I don't see the silent rage gimmick going over.

My guess is he debuts as a babyface, people hate him, and then snaps and (tries to) become heel.  The 'Silent Rage' gimmick works much better a heel anyway.  But heel or face, he doesn't have it in my opinion.
[color= rgb(255, 0, 0)]I'll agree, he doesn't have it.... the potential is with Jeremiah, he is just so damn green tho.[/color]

[color= rgb(255, 0, 0)][/color]

Originally Posted by hombrelobo

laugh.gif
@ Andy being bothered by meth heads during his segment. I like him. But I don't see the silent rage gimmick going over.

My guess is he debuts as a babyface, people hate him, and then snaps and (tries to) become heel.  The 'Silent Rage' gimmick works much better a heel anyway.  But heel or face, he doesn't have it in my opinion.
[color= rgb(255, 0, 0)]I'll agree, he doesn't have it.... the potential is with Jeremiah, he is just so damn green tho.[/color]

[color= rgb(255, 0, 0)][/color]

Sin Cara Update
  • Everyone backstage today was under the impression that Sin Cara will NOT be brought back.
  • The reason Averno is still wrestling in CMLL is that WWE has known about this Wellness Violation since late June.  Averno will most likely not be brought in now.
  • There may be more to this story than just the wellness violation because guys are not released after one violation.
  • With him being pretty much banned from CMLL, it is likely he will end up in TNA because they can pay him more than AAA.

Sin Cara Update
  • Everyone backstage today was under the impression that Sin Cara will NOT be brought back.
  • The reason Averno is still wrestling in CMLL is that WWE has known about this Wellness Violation since late June.  Averno will most likely not be brought in now.
  • There may be more to this story than just the wellness violation because guys are not released after one violation.
  • With him being pretty much banned from CMLL, it is likely he will end up in TNA because they can pay him more than AAA.

Is he fired
nerd.gif

Is he fired
nerd.gif

I also want to say with a heavy heart that last night was the official end of Alex Riley.  I may have been a few weeks off, but this dude is DONE.
A sad day indeed.  

I also want to say with a heavy heart that last night was the official end of Alex Riley.  I may have been a few weeks off, but this dude is DONE.
A sad day indeed.  

Originally Posted by theDEEK

I think I completely missed the whole Andy segment. Can someone summarize it?

They went to his childhood home which was in a bad neighborhood with a bunch of drug addicts around.  Then they interviewed his high school wrestling coach.

Back
Top Bottom