Wrestling Thread July 25-31 | 7/27 - Cena Wins WWE Title, Cena vs Punk @ SummerSlam to Unify Titles

Originally Posted by likethematrix

Originally Posted by sickickz23

Originally Posted by quiickz

The time between the Golden Age and the Attitude Era > 

pimp.gif
 The time when the Kliq was running the show all the way to Bash at the Beach 96...peak of wrestling right there imo....
slap yourself. that was the worst time cause thats when scott and kevin jumped to WCW to make the nwo.
wrestling was at its low.

the best time was right after that for both promotions.

nothing can compare to that era. there were 3 majors.

wcw, wwf, ecw.

no one today before or after will ever measure up.

Preach man!! The time between those periods (in the WWF) were AWFUL outside of a handful of guys. Does anyone even
remember 1995? That was one of the worst years ever for the WWF at the time. WAAAAY too many cartoonish gimmicks
outweighed the minimal good stuff that went on. The Golden Era & Attitude (mid96-early02 btw) >>>>>>>> The rest. And
WCW was poppin from 93-99.

Originally Posted by LanZeR23

Originally Posted by hombrelobo

Did the WWE just acknowledge TNA exists?
laugh.gif

Yes. lol John Cena executed that perfectly. 
Also, is Triple H really married to Stephanie? I was not paying attention to that whole storyline as a kid haha, someone clear that up for me please

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
Yea, it's true, and they have 2 or 3 kids together. HHH was dating Chyna at one point, and just started randomly stepping out on her with Steph.

Originally Posted by doyung9

I've got to put this out there, strictly because I feel like this thread needs some reality.

John Cena was never getting fired. CM Punk is signed to the WWE. He will return. Vince McMahon has no less power or control now, than he did 3 hours or ago, or he'll have in 3 weeks.

23w1ffl.jpg
roll.gif

Originally Posted by LanZeR23

Originally Posted by hombrelobo

Did the WWE just acknowledge TNA exists?
laugh.gif

Yes. lol John Cena executed that perfectly. 
Also, is Triple H really married to Stephanie? I was not paying attention to that whole storyline as a kid haha, someone clear that up for me please

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
Yea, it's true, and they have 2 or 3 kids together. HHH was dating Chyna at one point, and just started randomly stepping out on her with Steph.

I've got to put this out there, strictly because I feel like this thread needs some reality.

John Cena was never getting fired. CM Punk is signed to the WWE. He will return. Vince McMahon has no less power or control now, than he did 3 hours or ago, or he'll have in 3 weeks.

23w1ffl.jpg
roll.gif

I hope HHH administers sweeping changes like unifying the brands and the belts and we could have a WWE world champion. They could get rid of that gaudy spinner title and use only the "big gold" like it should have always been.

I hope HHH administers sweeping changes like unifying the brands and the belts and we could have a WWE world champion. They could get rid of that gaudy spinner title and use only the "big gold" like it should have always been.

Originally Posted by Koudie From BroOklyn

Originally Posted by GotHolesInMySocks

Wrestling is soo fake, i hate it sometimes.. Why even discuss whats going to happen, when its already scripted.

By the way.. HHH is the best ever.. just sayin
smokin.gif

it's fake??

K well i wouldn't say completely fake, i'm sure they occasionally do make MISTAKE's and actually punch or kick their opponent lol.. plus them body slams look like they burn
tongue.gif
.. but it's all scripted.. not hating at all i used to watch it all the time when i was younger, that's how i know HHH is hands down the best ever, well him and brett hart
smokin.gif
smokin.gif
.. and HBK and ultimate warrior. and also the whole DX .. and stone cold and the ROCK OF COURSE
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
.. but still HHH is the best lol 
wink.gif

Either way its entertaining and all in good fun, Hope you didn't take offense to my comment.. lighten up bro
happy.gif

EDIT: HHH is soo awesome that i predict tonight he will fire Vince McMahon on national T.V tonight on RAW.  you don't have to believe me, i have faith in HHH
wink.gif
I remember saying this on the 2nd page of this thread..
wink.gif

Originally Posted by GotHolesInMySocks

Wrestling is soo fake, i hate it sometimes.. Why even discuss whats going to happen, when its already scripted.

By the way.. HHH is the best ever.. just sayin
smokin.gif

it's fake??

K well i wouldn't say completely fake, i'm sure they occasionally do make MISTAKE's and actually punch or kick their opponent lol.. plus them body slams look like they burn
tongue.gif
.. but it's all scripted.. not hating at all i used to watch it all the time when i was younger, that's how i know HHH is hands down the best ever, well him and brett hart
smokin.gif
smokin.gif
.. and HBK and ultimate warrior. and also the whole DX .. and stone cold and the ROCK OF COURSE
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
.. but still HHH is the best lol 
wink.gif

Either way its entertaining and all in good fun, Hope you didn't take offense to my comment.. lighten up bro
happy.gif

EDIT: HHH is soo awesome that i predict tonight he will fire Vince McMahon on national T.V tonight on RAW.  you don't have to believe me, i have faith in HHH
wink.gif
I remember saying this on the 2nd page of this thread..
wink.gif

Originally Posted by AirUpHere23

I think back to 1993 when Shawn Michaels was "indefinitely suspended" by then president Jack Tunney, and Razor Ramon won the IC title in a tournament....only later for HBK to come back off suspension with the IC belt, claiming to never have lost it...setting up the Razor Ramon-HBK feud....

I could see a similar turn of events if WWE wanted to go that route with CM Punk...
hmmmmmm interesting.....

Originally Posted by AirUpHere23

I think back to 1993 when Shawn Michaels was "indefinitely suspended" by then president Jack Tunney, and Razor Ramon won the IC title in a tournament....only later for HBK to come back off suspension with the IC belt, claiming to never have lost it...setting up the Razor Ramon-HBK feud....

I could see a similar turn of events if WWE wanted to go that route with CM Punk...
hmmmmmm interesting.....

Originally Posted by youngmoney704

If something were to happen to where Vince is no longer running things, Shane would be the first in line to take over...
Nah, realistically, it would be Stephanie and HHH. HHH was promoted as Senior Advisor to Vince earlier this year.
It's been rumored since January that Vince would step down as CEO/Chairman sometime in 2011 or 2012 and hand it to HHH, while he remains an "advisory role" within the company.
Shane still owns plenty of stock, but he's not with the company. He's CEO to a Chinese company now.

Originally Posted by youngmoney704

If something were to happen to where Vince is no longer running things, Shane would be the first in line to take over...
Nah, realistically, it would be Stephanie and HHH. HHH was promoted as Senior Advisor to Vince earlier this year.
It's been rumored since January that Vince would step down as CEO/Chairman sometime in 2011 or 2012 and hand it to HHH, while he remains an "advisory role" within the company.
Shane still owns plenty of stock, but he's not with the company. He's CEO to a Chinese company now.

Originally Posted by theDEEK

They could have done something really, REALLY innovative here. I almost thought they were going that way when Cena said "on someone else show, brother." But in typical post Monday Night Wars WWE fashion, it's all about wrestlers no one cares about.

backlash2krockhhh4hq5.gif

I have been looking for this GIF forever. Ha knew it had to exist. 
Backlash. What a match. 
pimp.gif

They could have done something really, REALLY innovative here. I almost thought they were going that way when Cena said "on someone else show, brother." But in typical post Monday Night Wars WWE fashion, it's all about wrestlers no one cares about.

Backlash. What a match. 
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by Peep Game

Originally Posted by fearthenut

Backlash. What a match. 
pimp.gif
That gif
pimp.gif
laugh.gif

Backlash was a cold#$@ PPV.

This had me
roll.gif
roll.gif
at that PPV
Spoiler [+]
7144109:jpeg_preview_medium.jpg

Jim Ross/ "A DOUBLE ROCK BOTTOM!!!! A DOUBLE ROCK BOTTOM!!!!" /Jim Ross

Originally Posted by fearthenut

Backlash. What a match. 
pimp.gif
That gif
pimp.gif
laugh.gif

Backlash was a cold#$@ PPV.

This had me
roll.gif
roll.gif
at that PPV
Spoiler [+]

Jim Ross/ "A DOUBLE ROCK BOTTOM!!!! A DOUBLE ROCK BOTTOM!!!!" /Jim Ross

THeyre going to strip Vince of his power. Mentally unfitless
@TheRealXPac

The text he [Triple H] sent me today makes much more sense now.
@TheRealXPac

That was the real deal, that last 5 or however many minutes.

Freakin' X-Pac. If this is how WWE is running storylines, by playing the IWC card...I'm all for it.

THeyre going to strip Vince of his power. Mentally unfitless
@TheRealXPac

The text he [Triple H] sent me today makes much more sense now.
@TheRealXPac

That was the real deal, that last 5 or however many minutes.

Freakin' X-Pac. If this is how WWE is running storylines, by playing the IWC card...I'm all for it.

pimp.gif
 The time when the Kliq was running the show all the way to Bash at the Beach 96...peak of wrestling right there imo....
slap yourself. that was the worst time cause thats when scott and kevin jumped to WCW to make the nwo.

wcw, wwf, ecw.

Preach man!! The time between those periods (in the WWF) were AWFUL outside of a handful of guys. Does anyone even
remember 1995? That was one of the worst years ever for the WWF at the time. WAAAAY too many cartoonish gimmicks
outweighed the minimal good stuff that went on. The Golden Era & Attitude (mid96-early02 btw) >>>>>>>> The rest. And

duke the dumpster drosse, rod radford, barry horowitz, the goon, salvatore sincere
laugh.gif

to me i enjoyed wrestling most between summer 96 and i'd say to about summerslam 98

pimp.gif

wcw, wwf, ecw.

duke the dumpster drosse, rod radford, barry horowitz, the goon, salvatore sincere
laugh.gif

to me i enjoyed wrestling most between summer 96 and i'd say to about summerslam 98

Originally Posted by gottagitdemjs

the big gold title came from wcw right?

Originally Posted by gottagitdemjs

the big gold title came from wcw right?

Back
Top Bottom