Wrestling Thread July 25-31 | 7/27 - Cena Wins WWE Title, Cena vs Punk @ SummerSlam to Unify Titles

Originally Posted by quiickz

Originally Posted by KingJay718

Originally Posted by Furrell

laugh.gif
30t6p3b.gif
You guys still think that Attitude era = good product.

Get over it because its not coming back soon.

Attitude Era was overrated.  Give me the New Generation Era.

The time between the Golden Age and the Attitude Era > 

pimp.gif
 The time when the Kliq was running the show all the way to Bash at the Beach 96...peak of wrestling right there imo....

Originally Posted by Furrell

laugh.gif
30t6p3b.gif
You guys still think that Attitude era = good product.

Get over it because its not coming back soon.

pimp.gif
 The time when the Kliq was running the show all the way to Bash at the Beach 96...peak of wrestling right there imo....

laugh.gif
@ Andy being bothered by meth heads during his segment. I like him. But I don't see the silent rage gimmick going over.

laugh.gif
@ Andy being bothered by meth heads during his segment. I like him. But I don't see the silent rage gimmick going over.

Originally Posted by sickickz23

pimp.gif
slap yourself. that was the worst time cause thats when scott and kevin jumped to WCW to make the nwo.
wrestling was at its low.

the best time was right after that for both promotions.

nothing can compare to that era. there were 3 majors.

wcw, wwf, ecw.

no one today before or after will ever measure up.

pimp.gif
slap yourself. that was the worst time cause thats when scott and kevin jumped to WCW to make the nwo.

wcw, wwf, ecw.

Somewhat okay RAW I guess. I think its good they kept Punk off and refrained from promoting him or saying his name. I like the whole 'lockout' vibe between the company and him.

Here's what I see happening (more want to see happen though):

Miz faces Mysterio next week. Whoever wins that is the "champion" for the time being. In the coming weeks, Punk returns and says he's the true champ only to have John Cena come out and say he deserves a rematch. HHH then makes it a a triple threat match at Summerslam for the WWE title. Punk retains, so the company can legitimatize him as a face. At Survivor Series (or around that time), Cena blabs on how he wants a one on one match with Punk. Punk drops the title to Cena in a swerve by HHH to turn him into the heel chairman he's supposed to be, setting up for a HHH/Punk feud right on time for WM. By that time, Cena can drop the belt to someone else, so we can HHH/Punk and Cena/Rock, giving the title dynamic to another feud.

Wishful thinking?

Somewhat okay RAW I guess. I think its good they kept Punk off and refrained from promoting him or saying his name. I like the whole 'lockout' vibe between the company and him.

Here's what I see happening (more want to see happen though):

Miz faces Mysterio next week. Whoever wins that is the "champion" for the time being. In the coming weeks, Punk returns and says he's the true champ only to have John Cena come out and say he deserves a rematch. HHH then makes it a a triple threat match at Summerslam for the WWE title. Punk retains, so the company can legitimatize him as a face. At Survivor Series (or around that time), Cena blabs on how he wants a one on one match with Punk. Punk drops the title to Cena in a swerve by HHH to turn him into the heel chairman he's supposed to be, setting up for a HHH/Punk feud right on time for WM. By that time, Cena can drop the belt to someone else, so we can HHH/Punk and Cena/Rock, giving the title dynamic to another feud.

Wishful thinking?

Originally Posted by hombrelobo

Did the WWE just acknowledge TNA exists?
laugh.gif

Yes. lol John Cena executed that perfectly. 
Also, is Triple H really married to Stephanie? I was not paying attention to that whole storyline as a kid haha, someone clear that up for me please. 

Originally Posted by hombrelobo

Did the WWE just acknowledge TNA exists?
laugh.gif

Yes. lol John Cena executed that perfectly. 
Also, is Triple H really married to Stephanie? I was not paying attention to that whole storyline as a kid haha, someone clear that up for me please. 

i got pretty excited when triple h came out, but then the end was still pretty boring. at least it makes me want to watch next week!

I got to my friends party that he had for his birthday tonight, asked what happened on Raw, and he told me about HHH/Vince. I did not expect that to go down at all 
eek.gif

I got to my friends party that he had for his birthday tonight, asked what happened on Raw, and he told me about HHH/Vince. I did not expect that to go down at all 
eek.gif

i got pretty excited when triple h came out, but then the end was still pretty boring. at least it makes me want to watch next week!

I think back to 1993 when Shawn Michaels was "indefinitely suspended" by then president Jack Tunney, and Razor Ramon won the IC title in a tournament....only later for HBK to come back off suspension with the IC belt, claiming to never have lost it...setting up the Razor Ramon-HBK feud....

I could see a similar turn of events if WWE wanted to go that route with CM Punk...

I think back to 1993 when Shawn Michaels was "indefinitely suspended" by then president Jack Tunney, and Razor Ramon won the IC title in a tournament....only later for HBK to come back off suspension with the IC belt, claiming to never have lost it...setting up the Razor Ramon-HBK feud....

I could see a similar turn of events if WWE wanted to go that route with CM Punk...

Vince should be crying for wearing that damn salmon suit the day he gets future endeavored. Not a bad RAW. It had solid wrestling and it kept the main storyline moving.

Vince should be crying for wearing that damn salmon suit the day he gets future endeavored. Not a bad RAW. It had solid wrestling and it kept the main storyline moving.

Originally Posted by likethematrix

pimp.gif

wcw, wwf, ecw.

Preach man!! The time between those periods (in the WWF) were AWFUL outside of a handful of guys. Does anyone even
remember 1995? That was one of the worst years ever for the WWF at the time. WAAAAY too many cartoonish gimmicks
outweighed the minimal good stuff that went on. The Golden Era & Attitude (mid96-early02 btw) >>>>>>>> The rest. And
WCW was poppin from 93-99.

Back
Top Bottom