Wrestling Thread July 15 - Aug 4 | 8/2 TNA - Where MMA Fighters Not Named Brock Go - TITO, Rampage,

pimp.gif
so good
Awesome

- One of the original plans for the current Daniel Bryan storyline was to do an angle that brought Shawn Michaels back to WWE TV and included him in the program with Bryan/McMahons.

The premise here would be Shawn saying “I told you so” and that Bryan was “his guy.” At this point it doesn’t look as likely to happen but was still getting some talk backstage.

- Big E Langston has received some high marks for his singles matches on the current WWE tour overseas, particularly his matches against Randy Orton.

- The Daniel Bryan “corporate makeover” angle is seen as a way to “finally get rid” of Bryan’s beard but no one is holding their breath on it happening any time soon.

- Wade Barrett has been in the WWE doghouse but for now, it is not known why. Word is that Vince McMahon would like to get back to his push before the end of the year as he’s high up on the “legit tough guy” persona.

- Regarding CM Punk vs. Brock Lesnar, there are still a lot of questions about the finish to the match at SummerSlam and no real answers. One source said they wouldn’t be shocked if it was put solely into the hands of Triple H and Punk to call what is the best moving forward.

- WWE officials and Vince McMahon continue to go back and forth on opponents for Rob Van Dam at SummerSlam. A new name that has emerged lately is Fandango, which is the reason for what happened on RAW last week.

- To follow up on an earlier article regarding The Undertaker not working SummerSlam, word is that the determining factor came down to money, in addition to his health.

Undertaker realizes at this point in his career he doesn’t have many matches left and couldn’t justify doing a match on a major pay-per-view that was essentially a midcard tag match against The Shield. According to a source, Undertaker wanted “certain financial assurances” on what his payoff would be. When he was unable to get those assurances, he chose to sit this one out.

That powerslam by Orton was awesome. Dude consistently puts on solid matches when he's motivated

- One of the original plans for the current Daniel Bryan storyline was to do an angle that brought Shawn Michaels back to WWE TV and included him in the program with Bryan/McMahons.

The premise here would be Shawn saying “I told you so” and that Bryan was “his guy.” At this point it doesn’t look as likely to happen but was still getting some talk backstage.

- Wade Barrett has been in the WWE doghouse but for now, it is not known why. Word is that Vince McMahon would like to get back to his push before the end of the year as he’s high up on the “legit tough guy” persona.

HBK should come back for the rematch if DB loses. HBK with the endorsement, arguing with the McMahon family, and retraining DB again while being his corner like Jose Lothario for WM 30 would be an awesome tribute to wwf history.

-Wade just stuck in the pecking order of too many young heels. Cesaro, Big E, Wyatt, Ambrose, and Axel. A brand split would do wonders right now for the company. Too much Tv time, but too much tv time for the same people. Guys just aren't growing, if they aren't featured. I don't know how many times they keep missing the boat on this guy. Is this like the third time? 

The Bellas having power in the diva division is funny to me :lol:

That Layla pic and Ms. Amber too :smokin

Update to the fan attack on Orton.

UPDATE: 8/2/13, 4:45 p.m
The accused party pleaded guilty in court yesterday, August 1, 2013, and was charged and ordered to either pay a fine of 500 Rand or, alternatively, serve 30 days in jail.

After acknowledging his wrongfulness, the accused individual was given a three-year suspended sentence, and is not permitted to attend WWE’s Live Events in Johannesburg, South Africa, this week.

http://www.wwe.com/inside/randy-orton-attacked-by-audience-member-26136332

Anyone notice how close these two themes sound to eachother?

[emoji]9654[/emoji] Big Boss Man 4th WWE Theme: "Cell Block" by Jim Johnston [HD 720p] - YouTube

[emoji]9654[/emoji] Stone Cold Theme Song - YouTube

Watching now.

Did not know he was taking those kinds of bumps back in WCW. They just showed a botched sunset flip from the apron to the concrete where he landed directly on the back of his head.

I'm honestly surprised Foley doesn't have dementia at this point.
Yea just saw that spot. Sheesh man....

They really have a lot of non-WWE folks in this doc. Shane DOuglass, Vader (I don't count him as a WWF dude).

There's no way Brock can lose this match right?

He shouldn't have lost to hhh or cena , but what does punk gain by losing here ? He lost his belt to the rock this year, cena, and ut at wrestlemania it wouldn't look good for him too lose here but it would look silly for a face punk to beat Brock lesnar and heyman .

And why did I waste my time on that Mic Foley documentary? Have seen that thing 100 times (bits and pieces) over the last 15 years. Ehhh

[h1]Ryback Is Best Suited to Be a Bully to Top WWE Stars[/h1]

[h3]By [/h3]
Bill Atkinson
(Featured Columnist) on August 3, 2013
2,278 reads

Share Tweet

ryback_bully_crop_north.jpg
(WWE.com photo)

Ryback has found a role in WWE that suits him better than any other storyline he has seen so far. And it could be the one that finally helps him reach his potential.

Meet WWE’s version of the schoolyard bully.

Ryback has been a backstage terror during the last few weeks, snarling at anyone who dared to cross his path and even getting physical when he felt like it. One week, he terrorized broadcaster Josh Matthews into backing away from an interview. The next week, he cut in line at a backstage buffet table and wound up rubbing food into the face of an unidentified arena worker before sending him through the table.

Each time, the skit ended with Ryback cracking a maniacal grin on his face, almost as if he was thinking—sorry, Bill Goldberg—“Who’s next?”
He’s like the bully back in elementary school who scared the pants off the nerdy little kids and stole their milk money.
Over the past several months, Ryback has been one of the most miscast superstars in WWE. He was thrown into the WWE Championship picture last year when he was not ready for it, and he followed that up by being The Shield’s whipping boy. He also looked lost in his ill-fated run at John Cena’s WWE Championship title in two pay-per-views.

On top of that, he had developed a reputation for botching moves. In the most recent account of an alleged botch, DailyWrestlingNews.com reported Triple H blew up at Ryback after the July 22 Raw show for dropping Daniel Bryan on his neck and shoulders at ringside instead of catching him and putting him through a table as the match had been scripted.

But nothing balms over ill feelings like a good storyline, especially when the pivotal character is able to pull it off as well as Ryback has done thus far.

Of course, it is one thing to boss around mousy announcers and faceless backstage personnel. It is something else to bully those who can beat the tar out of you.

Ryback likely will continue his backstage bullying routine and eventually bring it to the ring.

Back when he was first in the WWE and working handicap matches, he had an edge that seemed to get lost as he rose up the ranks and into the title picture. This bully character will allow him to bring that squash mentality back into the ring. It's easy to visualize him squashing someone like Sin Cara, Zack Ryder or R-Truth.

Eventually, he may take the routine to the next level and start sneak attacking and bullying some of WWE’s top stars. And he will find that, unlike the backstage personnel, they will not take too kindly to his antics.

I can see Ryback developing a program with Sheamus over his bullying. Sheamus’ character has always been one to not back away from a fight, plus he is one of the faces of WWE’s Be A STAR anti-bullying campaign. A feud between them makes sense all around.

Meanwhile, WWE Creative needs to find more ways for Ryback to continue being a bullying jerk. It’s obvious that being really mean is making him look really good.

Finally.

^I have to actually agree with that :lol:. Him smacking that guy in the face with a sandwich or whatever had me clutching my stomach

Back
Top Bottom