Wrestling Thread July 11-18/WWE Live Draft July 19th/ WWE Champ is Who The Hell Knows

Rock is bigger than Austin NOW but not during the attitude era. Austin was top dog

My man Julio knows what's up..

During the AE, at least 50% of the people wearing wrestling gear was rocking Austin 3:16..You couldn't go anywhere without seeing Autin shirts..Ton of Rock, NWO, and Goldberg too..But Autin moved more merch and and had more higher rated segments than anyone..

Last edited:
Rock is bigger than Austin NOW but not during the attitude era. Austin was top dog

Truth. Only reason now is Dwayne Johnson has gotten himself into more movies and proven his box office worth.

Austin could've gone further but didn't.

Truth. Only reason now is Dwayne Johnson has gotten himself into more movies and proven his box office worth.

Austin could've gone further but didn't.

I think Rock had the better post wrestling personality and that's why he went further..

I think Rock had the better post wrestling personality and that's why he went further..

He's much more personable that's for sure. He seems like a genuine person. Austin is a redneck who happens to have a lot of money that allows him to do as he pleases.

He's much more personable that's for sure. He seems like a genuine person. Austin is a redneck who happens to have a lot of money that allows him to do as he pleases.
Yes, we rarely hear about Rocky being a d-bag in WWE backstage.

Austin just doesn't have the mainstream appeal.

Man that was such a great time to be a wrestling fan. Fortunate that we can go back and relive those matches and moments on the network. Watched Rock-Austin from WM 17 the other day and still got hyped watching th video leading to the match.

Man that was such a great time to be a wrestling fan. Fortunate that we can go back and relive those matches and moments on the network. Watched Rock-Austin from WM 17 the other day and still got hyped watching th video leading to the match.
goat mania.wwe did everything right that night imo.once in a Lifetime..but i hope not

Seeing Austin come out during AXXESS and then Mania was amazing..There still isn't a bigger pop in wrestling than hearing that glass shatter..

Austin had permission from Vince McMahon to call that situation on the fly and he has said he regrets not hitting a stunner. He misread the crowd.

Had Austin hit that Stunner, the Astrodome would've literally exploded from the cheers

Austin was still a tweener during the lead up to WM17, correct?

He was still getting the good crowd reactions, so no idea why he turned heel.

Back then it seemed like they were just building a face/face program. The Rock wasn't deep off in Hollywood, so the fans hasn't turned on him yet

Back
Top Bottom