Wrestling Thread January 2nd-31st/NXT Takeover Tonight At 8PM ET/NTWT Royal Rumble Info On Page 1/Ro

It just sounds like Shovel doesn't want NXT to go back through the growing pains that allowed it to peak. Whoever made the Yankees analogy is spot on. Rather than let characters develop and deal with a couple subpar shows, they continue to plug established Indy stars in to continue the momentum they already created. But everything just suffers in the long run. Now NXT is no longer winning championships or in this instance not getting high praises for their Takeover shows.

The problem is NXT is too focused on pushing the established indy talent that brings eyes to the product and not the homegrown talent.

Y'all keep saying they need to call those indy talents up to the main rosters, but where are they going to fit in? There isn't a spot for them.

And if they plunder the indy talent from NXT, what's left to get eyes on the product? Fans don't know those people.

Like I said the other day regarding 205. You either have to give people a reason to care OR be so good that they can't ignore you.

Too many have been brought up front NXT only to sputter on the main rosters.

The system is broken.

The whole system is so inbred it's their own damb fault.

Some of em might be comfortable on the NXT roster. It's a culture they've created. Triple H should perhaps be disappointed in himself
as well as the roster & training program - if he is to be disappointed.

Last edited:
They should just cancel the 205 live and send the cruiserweights to raw , smackdown and NXT. I think Gran Metalik can be a BIG star in NXT and carry that company. Drew Gulak and Tony Nese would make a good tag team on smackdown or raw.

^ What did Kenneth Kappa say before? That he would never go to WWE?

They all change their tunes. Notice how very PC and accommodating he's being in that article.

I thought it was cool to see guys like Finn and Nakamura in NXT, but I always wondered if NXT generated enough profit to keep signing wrestlers like that and not have them on the main roster immediately.

^ What did Kenneth Kappa say before? That he would never go to WWE?

They all change their tunes. Notice how very PC and accommodating he's being in that article.

"I would rather be the legend that never stepped foot in WWE but was better than every single one of them and did something that none of those guys could do in their prime or could ever do if they left WWE and tried."

"My vision for the company is different from what we’re seeing right now,” said Omega. “We are using a ton of foreign talent, and it would be easy for us to cross over and extend our borders. We have talent that is looking to stay loyal and see this company grow, and I’m not just sitting on the sideline waiting to see the highest bidder. I’m committed to seeing this company grow, as well. I can be multi-cultural, multi-lingual, work a physical style, push forward entertaining storylines, and be the more worldly entertainment that the company needs. I’m also willing to accept the blame if it fails. I’m not afraid to fail, and I have no fear because I believe we can do it."

^ To be fair, I think he said this before the WK11 match with Okada.

He's getting in line with WWE now because Honner probably already called him and put the feeler out there.

Last edited:
I thought it was cool to see guys like Finn and Nakamura in NXT, but I always wondered if NXT generated enough profit to keep signing wrestlers like that and not have them on the main roster immediately.

They don't and that's why I think HHH is not happy with NXT..

They don't and that's why I think HHH is not happy with NXT..
What does he expect?

They pay out nice $$ to get Roode/Sashimi/Joe, the rest of their NXT talent is getting paid in Tapout gear and aren't progressing, and they do show in tiny venues.

Last edited:
I'm glad kenny omega staying in NJPW 2016 was great for him but if he continues to have another dominate year or better. I think WWE would be more trusting with some creative control and character branding. They only want him because of how much hype that WK match got. Smart decision I think.

NXT gotta find balance, have big names draw more eyes to the product while developing new talent. I think apollo, enzo and cass, Tyler breeze and Mojo shouldve stayed a little longer. Give them some gold or even longer matches would've benefit them in the long run. Should've could've would've right. Let's see what 2017 brings.

He's getting in line with WWE now because Honner probably already called him and put the feeler out there.

I told y'all Vince just didn't offer him enough money. A lot of these lower/mid card guys should take note. I don't know why guys like Ziggler don't go to NJPW or travel the Indy circuit, refresh their character, then come back.

I told y'all Vince just didn't offer him enough money. A lot of these lower/mid card guys should take note. I don't know why guys like Ziggler don't go to NJPW or travel the Indy circuit, refresh their character, then come back.

Vince most likely low ball omega to join NXT..

Vince is too obsessed with having new guys learn the WWE style of wrestling..He needs to be more flexible..Guys like Nakamura, Jeff, Roooooo, E.Young, and Itami have all performed in front of cameras and on big shows..They know how to do their job..Vince needs to call them up much quicker and let them shine..

On the opposite hand, he needs to send dudes who aren't making it on the main roster back down to NXT..Let those guys help the new people develop and let them get their characters/moves fine tuned to be better suited for the main roster..But each episode of NXT should have at least 2/3 of the matches be dedicated to developmental guys/girls and save the final match of the night be for the more established people..

Roman Reigns got a article on espn.com and this is the photo that they used..

roman_reigns.jpg

Back
Top Bottom